• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Yeh. The substance:post ratio I've seen here for the past few days is terrifyingly low. It hasn't quite been, but it's definitely been bordering on spam, which is a very bad way to jack up the posts in a thread. Considering the whole Misty club rivalry, I never thought I'd be saying this, but please cut back on all the rapid posting, Dragonslayer and Barboach! It's really starting to make the club look bad IMO.

In other news, I've finally calculated Omega's IVs/EVs, and have proceeded with effort training her. It really takes a lot of detective work to isolate EVs using berries/vitamins. You need to solve for your IV+effort level values (which can be done at any time by recording stat values for different levels), get your EVs to known values (ie. 0 or 100), then solve for your IV+effort level values again. This gives you your IVs and effort *levels*. To get the effort values, you can use just one berry on each stat, then find your IV+effort level values once again, which gives you your effort values to the nearest 2 points (since 10 is not divisible by 4). I haven't found a way (other than battling a poke, which doesn't work if you have Pokérus) to solve for EVs to the nearest point. You can find how much you deviate from 510, and if it's 0 or 6 then you know where you are.

Wow. I bet no one'll understand that. Anywho, IVs:
IVs:
HP: 22
Atk: 31
Def: 5
SpAtk: 21
SpDef: 22
Speed: 0

"Random" EVs:
EVs:
HP: 41
Atk: 72..73
Def: 42..43
SpAtk: 102..103
SpDef: 28..29
Speed: 222..223

From here, I've set some to exactly 100 by using berries to get them below 100 followed by a single vitamin to get the stat to eactly 100. Others I've set to 0. Now I can effort train with the confidence that I know the exact values of everything.

Persona

Banned
Years
MetalMario said:
Info on what you were doing when you caught them would be nice. I'd also like an explanation of the mysterious, disappearing Snorunt.

i barely did nething with them, just train em', take them 2 the contests (in emerald) and the snorut i caught it in emerald, i think in a place called jagged pass and i evolved in 2 grumpig.

~D.S~

Years
DragonSlayer(Ryan) said:
i barely did nething with them, just train em', take them 2 the contests (in emerald) and the snorut i caught it in emerald, i think in a place called jagged pass and i evolved in 2 grumpig.

~D.S~
Umm.. Snorunt doesn't evolve into Grumpig. You're thinking of Spoink. Snorunt evolves into Glalie. It's that thing with the pointy hat. You still don't seem to comprehend what I'm asking. What were you doing in your game when you ran into them?

Barboach

As we know it.
Years
he has already fainted my lvl:55 Chimecho! regi rock has one health left! he dosint wanna get caught!!

Persona

Banned
Years
MetalMario said:
Umm.. Snorunt doesn't evolve into Grumpig. You're thinking of Spoink. Snorunt evolves into Glalie. It's that thing with the pointy hat. You still don't seem to comprehend what I'm asking. What were you doing in your game when you ran into them?

o srry i've always got mixed up with spoink and snornut, ya,.....snorut evolves 2 glalie not grumpig.

barboach xd just keep trying, i know its hard.

~D.S~

Persona

Banned
Years
no it just makes kyogre's water moves stronger and makes the move thunder not miss ( i luv drizzle cuz of that, it never misses when u use thunder, w00t)

~D.S~

Persona

Banned
Years
i hate it when does that, it reminds when it did the same thing and i banged my head on the wall.....xd i think i lost sum brain cells 2 :knockedou

~D.S~

Years
Please stay on topic. Was this Regirock a shiny or a regular "blunt"?

Last time I went after the Regis, they ALWAYS broke free from my Timer Balls, even after a hundred turns. They always kill themselves with Struggle. If it's not shiny, don't worry; just try again. If I were to try for a shiny Regi, I would always pack a Master Ball. They're seriously much harder to catch than the Hoenn ubers.

Back