• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When do you normally stop evolution on your pokemon?

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
I let all of them evolve at whatever level they're supposed to evolve, unless there's a certain move I want them to learn that they can't get after they evolve. The same goes for anything evolved any other way as well.

Example: I was playing through LeafGreen recently with a Vulpix in my team. I wanted it to learn Flamethrower, and after that it didn't learn anything I was particularly keen on, so I evolved it right after it learned Flamethrower.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I usually wait until they learn a specific move, like Charmander or Chimchar learning flamethrower, etc.

DO HO HO

I must say, you are one of the best trolls I've seen on PC (which isn't quite an achievement considering that most of the ones here fail horribly). I admire how you placed the flamebait at the head of your post, but so casually. And the way you proceeded to make neutral statements as to garnish it... superb!

10/10, this was a work of art AND made me rage a bit.

Who cares?

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
I usually hold early-evolving (like around LV 15-16) Pokemon to around LV 20-25 for the moves, then evolve them. Otherwise, I'll just let them evolve.

Years
The only time I didn't let a Pokémon evolve was recently when I needed a Breloom with Spore. Man, I can say it was hard getting it up to level 45 when it is a frail Shroomish.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
Only if I'm trying to evolve it to something else (tyrogue to hitmonlee)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I usually evolve them at the right level for them to evolve. But I usually don't let them evolve if I'm completing my pokedex.

Back