• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does everybody like Iris?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
been doing some Googling and found that there is a huge fanbase for Iris... She is like the "Dawn" of the Unova region!!! everybody likes her. Dawn had a huge fanbase and seems that Iris has picked up the same path! I thought I was alone on this Iris thing, but she is very popular!

why does Iris get all the attention of all the Unova girls???

Last edited by a moderator:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
To me, it seemed like everyone was aboard the Elesa band wagon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Not everybody does. :/ From what i've heard, some people hated her based on (apparently) her character in the anime. It was questioned, the decision of making her Champion in BW2.

Personally i'm not one of them, she was a bit hyper in BW though. But I do like battling her as the Champion, for quite a few reasons.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
I don't like her, I don't know why.
I like Elesa and Skyla more! I don't even know why Iris should be there.

Years
Iris is one of my fave characters of the Pokemon franchise in general as far as human characters go. She has really cool-looking hair and became even more of a badass when she became the Unova Champion in Black 2 & White 2.

She'll always remain a fave of mine even if she has had a little hate by people here and there.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I don't think she gets "all the attention" by far. Just looking at the replies to this thread tells us that the reality is different.

Personally, I wouldn't understand if Iris was the most popular girl in Unova, because her childish and annoying personality in the anime certainly didn't impress me and in the games (can only judge from BW 1) she was, if possible, even more childish. Elesa and Skyla was far more cool, for instance.

But the explanation for why she would be the "Dawn of Unova" is probably because she is travelling with Ash in the anime. Like Misty in Kanto/Johto.

Back