• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2008
So I'm starting an Emerald Hack, and I was wondering, is there anyway to eliminate the truck/ moving in scene, and simply have the player start the game in his/her room?

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
i have a question, how can i save a pallette in UNLZGBA?

Because i have a darkrai but i can't save the right pallette

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
But what are Indexed Sprites? And how do someone index them??? Aren't them pictures like wallpapers and those things?
Indexed sprites are sprites with a set, 16-color palette. You can index sprites with any advanced image editing program such as Photoshop or Paintshop Pro or you can use Irfanview, which is free to download.
Regarding scripting.

When I write the offset, is there a specific rule for choosing it or do I just make one up?

How do I create a new map?

thx in advance.
You have to use an empty offset or else it will mess up the original coding in the game, which might lead to some very unpleasant bugs.
How do I script warps? Like when you just walk from map to map it's using scripts I need that else I can't have PROF BIRCH on my custom maps since using warps to the bag/running prof birch causes image-rom crash
Warps can be created using Advancemap. You just have to select the map bank and which warp number you want the warp to lead to.
So I'm starting an Emerald Hack, and I was wondering, is there anyway to eliminate the truck/ moving in scene, and simply have the player start the game in his/her room?
There's a tool for that. Look in the Toolbox forum.
i have a question, how can i save a pallette in UNLZGBA?

Because i have a darkrai but i can't save the right pallette
It'd be easier to edit the exported image's palette to match Darkrai's.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Help with Elite map.

this is my 2nd time posting this because no one answered my question.

WITH ELITE MAP--------

Can someone please tell me how to edit my Town map in fire red and then save it and repoint towns and stuff, can u please help me because I am getting very frustrated. all I want to be able to do is edit the town map, and repoint the city locations, and route locations.

Another Question-----

after I battle each gym leader in fire red in the kanto region. I go to the Pokemon league okay. I beat that. Now I want to make a Jhoto region in fire red. Is there any way to have gyms in the jhoto region in fire red, so i can collect Badges in jhoto.

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
this is my 2nd time posting this because no one answered my question.

WITH ELITE MAP--------

Can someone please tell me how to edit my Town map in fire red and then save it and repoint towns and stuff, can u please help me because I am getting very frustrated. all I want to be able to do is edit the town map, and repoint the city locations, and route locations.

Another Question-----

after I battle each gym leader in fire red in the kanto region. I go to the Pokemon league okay. I beat that. Now I want to make a Jhoto region in fire red. Is there any way to have gyms in the jhoto region in fire red, so i can collect Badges in jhoto.
For your first question, use Advance Map. And for the other question, yes. You're gonna need to remake the maps, script everything, and do everything else that's in Jhoto. To make maps, open Advance Map and start inserting new maps into folders, and when you need to, make more folders (These are for Jhoto) :S

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
ok

How do I edit my town map in Advance map because I am confused and I need an explaination on how to do so in Advance map. Maybe you can give me a tutorial.

ANOTHER QUESTION----------

how do i insert a script to make Jhoto Gym Leaders?

Last edited:

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
How do I edit my town map in Advance map because I am confused and I need an explaination on how to do so in Advance map. Maybe you can give me a tutorial.
Open Advance Map, then open your ROM. Next find your map in the Map File, first folder, then map. I recommend organizing the maps by name to they're easier to find.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Help!

I mean the town map that u see the places on, not a town map like pallet town. The town map that gary's sister gives you. Can you please explain how to edit that town map, with elite map?

Another Question----

I know I have to insert scripts and stuff but how do I make scripts for it. How do I know what offsets to use and stuff. How do I make a script for the new Badges?

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
ASked about that already, not possible to make new badges without overwrite other :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2007
Does anyone have the Emerald pokerom.ini file so that i can use BaseEdit for emerald. I have looked all over the place for it and i cannot find it. Also does anyone know how i could use a hex editor to change pokemon stats to make them better. I dont know what i need to look for.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
How to edit town map?

How do you edit the town map in fire red that gary's sister give you so you can check where you are? Please give me a step by step explaintion please.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
help with makin a person give you a pokemon

I know how to do this, using script everyone else has made me, but what do I need to change in the script to get different pokemon? I know that each pokemon has its own numbers, but how do I find out what these numbers are? Thanks!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I know how to do this, using script everyone else has made me, but what do I need to change in the script to get different pokemon? I know that each pokemon has its own numbers, but how do I find out what these numbers are? Thanks!

The command to give a Pokémon is givepokemon. The syntax is the following:

Code:
givepokemon <pkmn> <level> <item>

<pkmn> must be replaced by the Pokémon number, the <level> by the Pokémon level (obviously) and the item by the item number which could change if you are hacking different games.

Below you can find, spoilered, a complete Pokémon number list.

Spoiler:

To get a level 10 Bulbasaur which doesn't hold any items:
givepokemon 1 10 0

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
I don't know if this would change things, but I am using a Sapphire ROM. I was using FireRed, but it got messed up, even though I had not changed anything.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I don't know if this would change things, but I am using a Sapphire ROM. I was using FireRed, but it got messed up, even though I had not changed anything.

Well, as I told you before, the only thing that change is the item number from a games to another. Nothing else.

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
after I write a script in pokescript, how do I apply it to a person in the game, will it give me an offset number thingy, and how do I comile a script in pokescript?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
@redragon-look at the thread for pokescript. Those question were answered there, that is where I found out

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
I have already compiled my script( with PokeScript), and I made a mistake with some of the text. The script works, I just wrote the wrong name down. Is there a way to edit this without re-compiling the script, or can I delete the script at the old offset, and then write the fixed script to the offset? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back