• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Oh! okay thanks so much and can u post some pics for the applymovement script please?

<~F.M.P~>

Years
It still dosen't work. It's a give pokemon script just that i've marked trainer in advancedmap and put view range to 2 so the guy walks up to u.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
so how do i make the guy just come to me if i don't mark the trainer box to i add the givepokemon i with a movement script or something?

HERE LOOK AT THIS VID. IT WILL EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS http://www.megaupload.com/?d=47S224XP

P.S. THANX TO YOUR APPLYMOVEMENT SCRIPTS I WAS ABLE TO CREATE ONE BUT THE THING IS I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE CHARACTER FOR IT TO WORK AND THAT WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I PUT IT IN A SCRIPT BOX [THE GREEN BOX WITH THE S ON IT RIGHT]? WELL IT JUST FREEZES ON ME SO WHAT DO I DO? WHAT SCRIPT DO I USE?

$done
$aidwalk1
$aidtalk

I used pokescript for it so yeah.

Last edited:

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
you know, it's crazy, i understand scripting, pretty well, but, and when i say but, it's a big but. how do i give a character or event the script???

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
you know, it's crazy, i understand scripting, pretty well, but, and when i say but, it's a big but. how do i give a character or event the script???

In Advance Map, select Event view, click on the guy you want to give the script, and write the offset in the "script offset" box.
If you want to create a event, in the event view again, create a script in the bottom boxes (near people, warps and posts number) and, again, click on the script and put the offset in the box.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
I WAS ABLE TO CREATE an applymovement ONE BUT THE THING IS I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE CHARACTER FOR IT TO WORK AND THAT WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I PUT IT IN A SCRIPT BOX [THE GREEN BOX WITH THE S ON IT RIGHT]? WELL IT JUST FREEZES ON ME SO WHAT DO I DO? WHAT SCRIPT DO I USE?

$done
$aidwalk1
$aidtalk

Last edited:

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
In Advance Map, select Event view, click on the guy you want to give the script, and write the offset in the "script offset" box.
If you want to create a event, in the event view again, create a script in the bottom boxes (near people, warps and posts number) and, again, click on the script and put the offset in the box.

oh, no wonder i struggled(<---sarcasm)*head2desk*HARD!

thanx alot

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
The Answer

so how do i make the guy just come to me if i don't mark the trainer box to i add the givepokemon i with a movement script or something?

HERE LOOK AT THIS VID. IT WILL EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS http://www.megaupload.com/?d=47S224XP

P.S. THANX TO YOUR APPLYMOVEMENT SCRIPTS I WAS ABLE TO CREATE ONE BUT THE THING IS I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE CHARACTER FOR IT TO WORK AND THAT WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I PUT IT IN A SCRIPT BOX [THE GREEN BOX WITH THE S ON IT RIGHT]? WELL IT JUST FREEZES ON ME SO WHAT DO I DO? WHAT SCRIPT DO I USE?

$done
$aidwalk1
$aidtalk

Okay look, this would work as a givepokemon script.
Spoiler:

Make sure to fill in the spaces by putting the
#org $walktoplayer
$walktoplayer 1 ; #binary 0x--------------------0xFE

#org $text
$text 1 = ------------------------

<~F.M.P~>

Years
I'm sorry please have patience with me because im new here i may have created an account in 06 but I'm just recently using it sorry.

this is what my script looks like. Is this right?

org $go
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
applymovement 0x8 $walktoplayer
pause 0x1
message $text
boxset 6
givepokemon 0x6 35 1
setflag 0x200
release
end

$walktoplayer 1 ; #binary 0x0A 0xFE

#org $text
$text 1= Hey before u go take this.

and the BUF RITE looks like this

#PROCESS: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\EliteMap\Pokemon - Fire Red.gba F:2 for read
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Pushed apmovement.$go to 800000
- Pushed apmovement.$walktoplayer to 80003F
#PROCESS: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\EliteMap\Pokemon - Fire Red.gba F:3 for read
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Adjusting apmovement.$done in 0 at 8013884
- Adjusting apmovement.$walktoplayer in 0 at 880003F
- Adjusting apmovement.$text in 0 at 80C350C
- Putting [+
- Putting [
þ] at 80003F
|
\- Processed 0 Lines

It told me to it had floating pointers so i had to create random offsets for them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012

org $go
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
pause 0x1
message $text
boxset 6
givepokemon 0x6 35 1
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $text

I am not to sure but I think you need to add a #org $done "script" at the end as you told the script to goto $done after the checkflag

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
I'm sorry please have patience with me because im new here i may have created an account in 06 but I'm just recently using it sorry.

org $go
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
pause 0x1
message $text
boxset 6
givepokemon 0x6 35 1
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $text

and the BUF RITE looks like this

#PROCESS: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\EliteMap\Pokemon - Fire Red.gba F:2 for read
- Pushed apmovement.$go to 800000
- Pushed apmovement.$walktoplayer to 80003F
#PROCESS: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\EliteMap\Pokemon - Fire Red.gba F:3 for read
- Adjusting apmovement.$done in 0 at 8013884
- Adjusting apmovement.$walktoplayer in 0 at 880003F
- Adjusting apmovement.$text in 0 at 80C350C
- Putting [+
- Putting [
þ] at 80003F
|
\- Processed 0 Lines

It told me to it had floating pointers so i had to create random offsets for them.

Missing a few things.
Code:
org $go
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
applymovement 8 $walktoplayer
pause 0x1[B]0[/B]
message $text
boxset 6
givepokemon  6 35 1
setflag 0x200
release
end

[B]#org $done
release
end[/B]

[B]#org $walktoplayer[/B]

#org $text
$text 1 = Hey before u go take this.

Sorry for tripple post, my computer did some wierd thing and posted 3 times!

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

Years
HA HA! YES It finally works thanks foullump not only have you helped create my script u furthered my progress in my work and ironically i learned how to make movement scripts using the script you helped me make! Ur help is greatly appreciated...Now for my final question. How do you get the person to say what they have to say without moving back to there original spot while the scripts sdill in effect? Do i just increase the pause part by whatever i want?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back