• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Master of day and night is pretty awesome. Except... Xerneas doesn't really look like a master of day, and same for Yveltal. :'(

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Yveltal is honestly one of the cooler legendaries they've made in recent times.

Dragon/Dark would be cool but Dark/Flying just as awesome.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Both are amazing and innovative. I'm really impressed with Nintendo this time around for the legendaries. No more trash designs like Trubbish and Vanillite!

I am a bit biased towards the deer/elk, though. It reminds me of Mononoke Hime - favourite film ever - which compels me to favour it over the phoenix-bird. I'll be buying the version that features X for sure.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hey that actually makes a lot of sense... but it'd make more sense if Yveltal was originally seen in Heaven and not just in the sky :(
Maybe they were thinking of Heaven= Sky when they made this trailor thus showing it in the sky. It's possible it's based on Japanese home land of the gods too. Amaterasu is in charge of the Shinto gods heaven so perhaps Yvetal really is based on her crow, the Yatagasu. and this is only part of it's wiki page

"In Japanese mythology, this flying creature is a raven or a Jungle Crow called Yatagarasu (八咫烏?, "eight-span crow") [13] and the appearance of the great bird is construed as evidence of the will of Heaven or divine intervention in human affairs.[ "
if it is based on it there's a chance the justice theory may be true...

Years
I personally don't know which one I like better. Which causes major problems in deciding which version to get.

Same here, though I decided to go with X since I usually get the second version while my brother gets the first. I'm sure he's going to pick Yveltal, which is fine with me since Xerneas is just as cool.

Years
Do you guys think they will feature another legendary equal to these two and maybe make another sequel after them much like what they are doing for the past 5 generations?

Years
I'd be iffy if that was the origin behind them. We don't want anymore controversies surrounding Pokemon than we have currently, and incorporating Heavenly bodies into it would only fuel the fire, imo.
Well Arceus is based on Shiva, they can make it like that. Also Lugia is based on a Shinto Sea Dragon god (the father of Toyotahime who married Amaterasu's greatgrandson.), and the Weather trio are based on Hebrew myths of old...and Shaymin is named/based after part of the Jewish version of heaven already...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd be iffy if that was the origin behind them. We don't want anymore controversies surrounding Pokemon than we have currently, and incorporating Heavenly bodies into it would only fuel the fire, imo.

I don't think so!! I mean... we have a God Pokemon, so being based around Heaven or anything like that isn't really that... far in terms of difference? :x

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Only need to have pokemons based on Christianity next, you have lot of demon names and archangel names in this.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Well, these two just confirm everyone's speculations on new types.

There's Xerenas with his Light-horns (A cousin of sawsbuck, santler and virizion, i suppose?), which confirms light type.

And then they're my personal favourite, yvetal, which seems to have soundwaves on its body. It's also often seen in a vertical position, which might mean it's sending out waves and vibrations.

Years
They don't confirm anything, people thought Light was going to appear in Gen V due to Reshiram's angel like appearance but it didn't, with Reshiram being Dragon/Fire.

Anyways I've had this thought for awhile, what if Xerneas is Steel/Electric with the horns being lit up by it's internal electricity? Lighting can sometimes look branched out too like horns. While the horns don't look electrical per say it is a possibility. Or maybe it's Grass/Electric...that'll be unique ;3

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
They don't confirm anything, people thought Light was going to appear in Gen V due to Reshiram's angel like appearance but it didn't, with Reshiram being Dragon/Fire.

Anyways I've had this thought for awhile, what if Xerneas is Steel/Electric with the horns being lit up by it's internal electricity? Lighting can sometimes look branched out too like horns. While the horns don't look electrical per say it is a possibility. Or maybe it's Grass/Electric...that'll be unique ;3

That Steel/Electric prediction is pretty good. I can see that, Jingledeer's horns being electric-powered. It seems like a possibility. For Skybacon, however, it seems that the most obvious typing is Dark/Flying. But we've been surprised with types before.

I also disagree with some of you about Light-type and all that stuff. I believe that's it, no more types will be introduced. There is no Light-type, Sound-type, or anything. It just seems like a real hassle to add another one, and possibly make previous Pokemon that type as well, along with balancing. Don't get me wrong, a new type would be cool, but I don't see it happening, at least not now. xD

Years
I'll be surprised if Yvetal isn't a mix of the following types: Ghost,Dark, or Fire as it's Primary type with Dragon,or Flying as it's secondary type. As it doesn't seem like it could be anything else...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It has to be part flying or dragon imo, otherwise I'm not sure how it'd get into the air. XD;

Back