• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
One of our players had to drop out so there is now a spot open in
Crossroads; A Johto Story!
Here's the OOC and there's the IC.

It's a journey RP where you're joint posting with one or two other players at all times and get a list of events and rewards to choose from in each chapter/area. So you will never run out of things to do and you'll never feel like you're alone unless you really want to post alone for a change. It's worked great so far! We've only gone from Cherrygrove, through Route 30 and 31 and just arrived in Violet City, so you won't have any problem jumping in in Violet now.

You'll start with Froakie (and possibly another pokémon from chapter 1 or 2) unless you reeeeally crave another water starter much more. Join if you love joint posting in etherpad/titanpad, enjoy playing as a rookie trainer (at first!) and like the concept of a level system as well as an event system. And also watch out for derpy evil Totodiles...

:3​

Years
One of our players had to drop out so there is now a spot open in
Crossroads; A Johto Story!
Here's the OOC and there's the IC.

It's a journey RP where you're joint posting with one or two other players at all times and get a list of events and rewards to choose from in each chapter/area. So you will never run out of things to do and you'll never feel like you're alone unless you really want to post alone for a change. It's worked great so far! We've only gone from Cherrygrove, through Route 30 and 31 and just arrived in Violet City, so you won't have any problem jumping in in Violet now.

You'll start with Froakie (and possibly another pokémon from chapter 1 or 2) unless you reeeeally crave another water starter much more. Join if you love joint posting in etherpad/titanpad, enjoy playing as a rookie trainer (at first!) and like the concept of a level system as well as an event system. And also watch out for derpy evil Totodiles...

:3​

Ooh, I hope that you don't mind if I send in an application~ It seems like an interesting roleplay c:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I just submitted the IC Thread to my roleplay, and I want y'all to know that there's still plenty of room for roleplayers! (And don't be scared by how long the sign-up period has been: I was busy with things such as my school musical, but now I have my time back and things can get moving!)

Pokémon: The Lost Islands League 2.0
< OOC Thread / IC Thread >
It's a pokémon journey roleplay based in a new "region": an archipelago in the middle of the Atlantic known as The Lost Islands. Roleplayers will start off as trainers of varying expertise, but with all new pokémon. They will enter The Lost Islands with the goal of collecting all eighteen arena medals and then partaking in The Lost Tournament in the hopes of being crowned the "Lost Hero". You may start with any one non-legendary and unevolved "dual-typed" or two "pure-typed" pokémon of your choice, and I plan to have all pokémon available for capture throughout the roleplay.

The archipelago consists of nineteen islands, each with its own arena devoted to a specific pokémon type (with the nineteenth being the Grande Arena, which hosts The Lost Tournament).

At first it will start off as a simple journey roleplay, but I plan to have all sorts of plot twists and darker undertones appear as the story progresses. Much of these will also be up to the roleplayers as well.

Last edited:
Years
So, the SU/OOC thread for my new roleplay has been accepted, so I'll just post this here ^^

Dragons' Plight
OOC/SU Thread

Dragons' Plight is a Medieval faction roleplay with two factions, neither of which are truly 'evil'. The first faction is the Dragon Slayers, who wish to rid the world of, what they believe to be vile creatures, dragons. They travel from place to place in search of dragons, and their skills can vary from being a mage, to a warrior, to a mixture of both.

Of course, there's also another goal for the Dragon Slayers, something that's important to their 'leader'. Though, I'll let you read the thread to figure that out :p

The other faction is, of course, the dragons. Well, a small group of dragons to be specific. This group of dragons is to set out in search of the Dragon Slayers, and to hopefully put a stop to them before they draw too much more blood. Dragons also have the ability to transform into a human form, which allows for them to travel inside cities, etc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So much RP.

Looking good, both Naku and Lipey! Lipey, maybe you could join Lost Islands League if you won't get a spot in Crossroads, since they are both journey RPs?

The dragon RP sounds interesting. I've never played much in a medieval setting, and certainly not as a dragon. If I had more time on my hands, I would probably join for a bit. Sadly, that'll have to wait. 2 RPs is all I can manage for now. It's good that I'm learning my limits though, after so many years RPing, is it not? 8)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
All the Inactives in Johto Mysteries have been removed and the RP has been reduced to 12 slots which are currently all taken. The inactives got until Sunday, the 16thof March to reclaim their spots. If they don't by then, they'll have to wait for a slot to clear to be able to join again.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
/kickkick

So, for the first time, I'm actually hosting a reasonably small roleplay of 8. I know some prefer smaller (there are/have been several 4-6 player roleplays around) - but which do you prefer?

My past roleplays have had 10-20 people (Gilded Halls DX) which made the amount of relationships pretty fun - interesting group dynamics. It also meant that there was a lot of activity. On the downside, some roleplayers felt a bit left out, as they couldn't post as often or didn't really want to interact as much.

IMO, small roleplays help fix those problems, but they often sacrifice overall activity - if one or two people call inactive it can have a large impact.

Which do you prefer? Does the number of spaces in a roleplay affect if you sign up or not?

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Not really, unless I'm fighting for the last spot. Then it all rides on whether I'm really really enthusiastic for it. Generally, I'm all for bigger RPs though; the big ones always mean a good amount of stuff to do. Although some of them are intimidating at points, after they've started that is. (;;^^)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Nah. It doesn't affect whether or not I want to sign up. But as a GM, I've found that smaller RPs are much easier to handle. Some of the best RPs I've run had 4 or 6 players. So I guess I prefer that, less to keep track of and you can get to know every character easier. Silence in the IC thread for a few days while new posts are being cooperatively written up is a-ok.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Depends on the RP imo, some work better with a larger group, some are built for a small group dynamic. The number doesn't affect me personally, but I could see people being affected by that I.E. most people aren't gonna wanna join one that has two people in it, and a new member could be intimidated by a RP with a large group dynamic.

I guess that's my way of saying I'm back (if you know who I am, if you weren't in the War RP's you probably don't) and I'll likely join a RP if I find one to my liking. Just finally got my whole life together, so I wanna get back into writing.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
This question seems like a long shot, and I mean LONG, but who would be interested in a Space Dandy roleplay? I know it would be hard to make it work, but it would be hilariously awesome if it did.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
So I just started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening (I know i'm late)

but Fire Emblem roleplay? eh? ehh? ehhhhhhh? someone please make it XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So I just started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening (I know i'm late)

but Fire Emblem roleplay? eh? ehh? ehhhhhhh? someone please make it XD
I think there has been in the past, so it's not impossible that someone can be urged to make it again ;) *pulls Dragon's sleeve*

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Not trying to shamelessly advertise, but Pokemon Revelations is still open for SUs if anyone is interested. Things just started getting interesting so it is not like you will be far behind or anything if you join.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Only 7 days left in this month's roleplay challenge! PLEASE PARTICIPATE IT'S GONNA BE FUN!

KazukoHimura

"I guess I'm just a bit hungry..."
Years
I feel a little awkward joining in Rps that have already been going on for...ages, you know? Also I feel like the amount of text I can put out isn't as good as most, which is kind of why I haven't joined any yet..

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I feel a little awkward joining in Rps that have already been going on for...ages, you know? Also I feel like the amount of text I can put out isn't as good as most, which is kind of why I haven't joined any yet..
Often, the GMs or dedicated players can give you good rundowns of the story so far though, and joining an established RP gives you an advantage when creating your own character, since you can see what is already there and what could be needed to make the RP as enjoyable as possible.

And don't worry about length of RP posts. As long as you don't go around making one-line posts, length is a matter of personal preference more than due to experience, imo. And it also depends on what roleplay you are in, of course.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I recently joined the PTA RP, which has 9000+ posts, so i know how you feel Kazuko xD
Its going pretty well though, and since the RP is very open in its progress, joining has been no problem

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Return From Exile could really use some more players. It is a Sci Fi RP so a break from the norm it hasn't gotten too far along so catching up will not be hard for new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back