• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Way Regained

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years

Way Regained
dero's crazy art thread

♦ Been doing graphics for the past 4 years.
♦ Critique is appreciated. Be harsh, if possible.
♦ Community & A&D Rules apply, of course.
♦ Do NOT rip. Notify me if you see anyone doing it.
♦ Do ask me in this thread if you wish to use anything. Crediting is necessary.

Latest Pieces:
Icons;
Spoiler:

Tags;
Spoiler:

Large Pieces;
Spoiler:

Older Pieces:
Tags;
Spoiler:

Icons;
Spoiler:

Large Pieces;
Spoiler:

Hope you liked my stuff. Thread shall be updated frequently.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
Your signatures are incredible! Do you have any tutorials? I love your style.
Ha ha, thanks a lot, assault. And as for the tutorials..umm, not really. I plan on doing one or two soon, though. Just coz some people asked, you know. ;]
You finally made a gallery! :D

Simply amazing. I love your work, I can't pick one but I love your large pieces and tags the most for some reason XD

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/a...SC303/LP2a.png
I am lovin this one. I remember what movie this is from too XD

I'll add to this with more critics when I have free time XD

Keep up the good work!
Ha ha, yeah, that I did. I guess it took a lot of time to make this stupid gallery, eh?

Thanks a lot, charizard. Your comment was appreciated. <3

Well i finally found your gallery after months O.O
As usual your work's awesome; i like the running ahead LP :]
You've seen almost all of my works already so I don't think you'd need to visit this thing. :P

Naah, but seriously, thanks. I'll be sure to try and keep improving. ;]

And yush, update timez:
Tags:
ASHSOTW213.png

NewRed.png

This tag above ^ has three versions, actually. Check the first post to see 'em. ;]

Icon:
Iconforiotw.png

Well, those are my entries for SoTW and IoTW respectively. :3

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
Years
Do you take requests?

If so, could you please do one for me?

I'd like a signature and avatar with an image of Feraligatr, colours black and blue and make it grungy and dark with a cool font saying Assault somewhere.

IchigoTag2.png

^The same size and style as that would be great. ^_^

Lunoon

Even through the wire.
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2010
Really like the 4th to last one under the tags section, shows a wonderful sense of depth. Your style is simple, yet unique. Nice work^^.

derozio

Years
Do you take requests?

If so, could you please do one for me?

I'd like a signature and avatar with an image of Feraligatr, colours black and blue and make it grungy and dark with a cool font saying Assault somewhere.

^The same size and style as that would be great. ^_^
Well, not really. I don't think I'm qualified for requests as of yet. ;;
So, sorry to disappoint you, but I won't really be doing it. Might give it a try sometime soon, though. Not as an 'official request' but more as a 'personalized request'. Yeah. XD;

Wow, just wow. I love this ones. It seems to pop out to me (literally) the color usage is good and everything about it is just plain awesome. The other ones are good as well.
Ha ha, thanks, Charizard. <3

I absolutely love your FullMetal Alchemist icons!
I leik mah FMA icons too. <3
Thanks. But yeah, I still think I kinda suck at icons. D=
And those two took some effort to make. Glad you liked em. <3

Really like the 4th to last one under the tags section, shows a wonderful sense of depth. Your style is simple, yet unique. Nice work^^.
THAT took a lot of effort. Like, seriously. Dunno, but it took me nearly an hour or so. :x
Glad that the result is appreciated by all of you, though. And I'm truly flattered due to the fact that my style was also appreciated by you. Arigatou. <3

ICON UPDATES:
Entei (2) and Heatran (1)

Enteifinal.png
123a.png

123b.png

Assault

Years
Well, not really. I don't think I'm qualified for requests as of yet. ;;
So, sorry to disappoint you, but I won't really be doing it. Might give it a try sometime soon, though. Not as an 'official request' but more as a 'personalized request'. Yeah. XD;

That's fine dude. You should, I took requests for ages and I don't think I was as good as you.

derozio

Years
That's fine dude. You should, I took requests for ages and I don't think I was as good as you.
Well, if that's the case, I might actually go ahead and take requests. That'll happen soon. ;]

Anyways, here's another update, guys:

SHANA1-1.png

I don't really know how it turned out, to be honest. XD;
And yeah, don't forget to give some serious C&C, guys. I need that badly. ;;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Commenting on the Blazing With Fury one.

Firstly, the render seems to fade in too much with the background - and overall the image is too light. If that was contrasted a bit more, it might look better. As for the background, it seems sort of dull. To the right, there's this empty space, which probably could have had more cd4's added in. The blurred effect in the background you seem to be using a bit and maybe you should try to add depth another way. As for the "fire", I'm not sure whether that's apart of the image or not, but I don't think it works too well, it just makes the image seem blurrier due to the colours. The text on the side, not a big fan of it. Either you could've done without the text (and the extra grey area behind it), or placed the text where the face is blurred in the background, put some cd4's around it (text) instead of adding in the face and it might've looked better. Just how I see it.

derozio

Years
That made sense, nica. Looks like I messed up on that one. :P
Thanks a lot, though. I'll see to it that it looks better. ;]

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
I've been doing graphics for one year now and I still fail. I absolutly LOVE your tags, they have so much potential. I would like a tutorial or two (wow that sounds mean). One question, would you accept gifts from a noob grapical artist?

Assault

Years
Well, if that's the case, I might actually go ahead and take requests. That'll happen soon. ;]

Anyways, here's another update, guys:

SHANA1-1.png

I don't really know how it turned out, to be honest. XD;
And yeah, don't forget to give some serious C&C, guys. I need that badly. ;;

I hope it does happen soon. If it does, please just go back and take my request first. ^_^

BennyTuckman

King Bulbasaur
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
Could you do a request? I'd be really happy and would give you credit.

I want a colored version of Bulbasaur's Solarbeam in the Pokemon Adventures manga, you know, when Red is attacked by the Machoke in Giovanni's abandoned gym. Also, have the quote by Red " But I figured, plants turn sunlight into energy, and this guy had a bulb on his back, so...", as well as the phrase "The true power of Bulbasaur"

The pic is the one in the middle of the page:
http://www.mangareader.net/458-28200-11/pokemon-adventures/chapter-2.html

Assault

Years
Could you do a request? I'd be really happy and would give you credit.

I want a colored version of Bulbasaur's Solarbeam in the Pokemon Adventures manga, you know, when Red is attacked by the Machoke in Giovanni's abandoned gym. Also, have the quote by Red " But I figured, plants turn sunlight into energy, and this guy had a bulb on his back, so...", as well as the phrase "The true power of Bulbasaur"

The pic is the one in the middle of the page:
http://www.mangareader.net/458-28200-11/pokemon-adventures/chapter-2.html

If you'd have read mine and Derozio's previous posts you would have seen that he isn't taken request but he may think about starting shortly. :)

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
Years
This is what I like.. :)
CodeGeass1.png

I like the use of the C4D.. :) btw where you get that C4D? just asking.. :)

Last edited:

BennyTuckman

King Bulbasaur
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
If you'd have read mine and Derozio's previous posts you would have seen that he isn't taken request but he may think about starting shortly. :)

Oh, okay. Just let him know (or I will) that if he does, I'll request that sig :)

Back