• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years
Actually I think they've done doing the 3rd game and the remakes they are just doing some developments on it, I think they started doing the 6th generation 2 main games,
because it won't take long when they are making a third version and a remake.
Maybe they will do like FR/LG and Emerald, these games released in the same year
So we might get news about a new game anytime soon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Of course, they can make two games for a brand new system with barely over a year of development time!

You don't sit on a finished game, you announce it when it's still in major development. Being able to sell a game before anyone can tell you if it's good or not is something that publishers love the most.

Last edited:

funrush

How's it going?
Years
You know, if they do put these games and Gray on the 3DS I will be really mad. I'm not going out and paying $200 for a 3DS just so I can play the new Pokemon game. Don't get me wrong, I would like to play Pokemon in 3D, but I'm hoping they wait until 6th gen. And, the DS isn't totally dead yet either, remember the PS2? That lasted a good three years after the PS3's release before it finally died out. With all of the things the DS did and how popular it became, I expect it to last a good two more years.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Nah mate, it's dead.

You can bring up the PS2 all you like, but it'd do you good to remember what the last big-name game Sony published for the PS2 was.

Wanna know that?

It was God Of War II, released in March 2007. That's less than six months after the Playstation 3 came out.

The last big Nintendo-published Gamecube title? Twilight Princess, released a few weeks after it launched for the Wii.

And the last big Nintendo GBA game to see American shores? You could say The Minish Cap, released in Japan just a month before the DS was released. Or you could look at Pokémon Emerald itself, released in Japan months before the DS came out anywhere.

Sorry to break it to you man, but when a new game system is going to come out, the manufacturer decides to start developing their big-name titles for the new platform, not the old.

For heaven's sake, look at what the 3DS has now. It has a Zelda game, two Mario games to be released soon, and there are already two Pokémon titles you can get for the 3DS.

Last edited:

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years
I don't think it will be on 3DS, the original DS released at the same year when FR/LG
released and these games are for GBA, but we can play it on the DS, so I think it
will go like this.
The 6th generation will be for the 3DS when they redesign it, like D/P
they released at the same year when DS lite came.
Maybe the next one is 3DS lite?

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I don't think it will be on 3DS, the original DS released at the same year when FR/LG
released and these games are for GBA, but we can play it on the DS, so I think it
will go like this.
The 6th generation will be for the 3DS when they redesign it, like D/P
they released at the same year when DS lite came.
Maybe the next one is 3DS lite?

Fire Red and Leaf Green came out ten months before the Nintendo DS did. They were literally being made before anybody knew how to make DS games, even Nintendo themselves.

The 3DS has been out for uh, six months now I think. There won't be a new Pokémon game until sometime next year, so by then the 3DS could have even been out for a year!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Their not gonna wait for the next addition of the 3ds to start putting games on it. Most likely the games they are work on are gonna be for the 3ds. So we can pretty much say black and white will be the last ones on ds. The 3rd game will probably be on the 3ds but there is a possiblility that the remakes willl be on ds still

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
I can't be bothered to look through 37 pages of posts to see if this has been posted before... but when you find all six sages, Looker tells you that N was seen in a region far away... it could be Hoenn. As is mentioned (I think) in the anime, Uonva is really far away from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Well we know one thing, the next game to be announced is the remakes or 3rd 5th gen game. We will know something in september at the exbo thing in japan. Since they are done with rumble they are going to announce the next thing. Or they are going to do what the did on pokemon sunday for hg and ss

funrush

How's it going?
Years
Well, if they do bring Gray and the RSE remakes to the 3DS, I hope they pull something like the first Mystery Dungeon games where they are on both the DS and 3DS and that they will be basically the same game except for the 3DS versions being in 3D and having some extra features that won't be in the DS version. This will probably never happen though, I guess I'm just being cheap by not wanting to go and buy the 3DS.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
They wouldnt be able to put it on both and its because it would be to much work to do that, i have a 3ds and when your playing one of the games the graphics are better than ds even with the 3d off

funrush

How's it going?
Years
No it wouldn't. It'd just be a port of the DS version except it'd be in 3D. I think I'm putting my hopes up though, because this is really unlikely.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
The graphics are different on the 3ds. When you play a ds game on there the resolution is not like it is on a ds. And playing a 3ds game without turning on the 3d still has better graphics than a normal ds game. So making it on ds and 3ds would take up time that isnt needed. They would have to make two seperate graphics

funrush

How's it going?
Years
I'm not following, how would playing a (basically) DS game on the 3DS make it have better graphics? I'm saying, if Gray was on the 3DS and the DS, it could be the same exact game as the DS version except that it would have the option to play in 3D. And Nintendo has done something like this before. Look at the Mystery Dungeon games. Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue were the exact same games, with the exact same graphics, except the DS version allowed the use of two screens.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Yes. I would buy it, the Hoenn region is my favorite region overall.
To be truthful, I've been pondering about this for awhile...

Pokemon Remakes have been around as of late. Recently, we had HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes for the NDS. Now, think for a second. Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow and Green, the original Gameboy Generation were remade in the GBA generation as FireRed and LeafGreen versions. As the NDS generation of Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum were released, Game Freak remade Gold, Silver and Crystal as HeartGold, SoulSilver versions. Now, with Pokemon Black and White and the introduction of the "3D" aspect of the NDS, I believe that Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are due for a remake with the Black and White graphic engine. Think about it. Since all the other games, other than the newer NDS games of Pokemon (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black and White) have had a remake except Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald variants. So, again. I believe the next Pokemon game we'll be seeing is a remake of Ruby and Sapphire versions with the Black and White graphics engine.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I'm not following, how would playing a (basically) DS game on the 3DS make it have better graphics? I'm saying, if Gray was on the 3DS and the DS, it could be the same exact game as the DS version except that it would have the option to play in 3D. And Nintendo has done something like this before. Look at the Mystery Dungeon games. Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue were the exact same games, with the exact same graphics, except the DS version allowed the use of two screens.

There's a lot of problems with this approach.

To begin with, the jump between the graphics the DS can do compared to the 3DS is a lot more significant between the GBA and the DS. Not only can the 3DS display detailed 3D (polygonal) graphics, but it has a much wider screen than the original DS does. If you just copied the way Pokémon games looked now and put it on the 3DS, you'd notice that the sides of the screen are filled with useless empty space.

Also, if you didn't redraw all the graphics they would look a lot smaller in comparison to the 3DS's larger, higher resolution screen. It's also worth mentioning that the graphics of the Pokémon games are not designed for the 3DS's 3D effects, and the game would require a lot of re-designing in order to properly take advantage of it.

Secondly, let's look back at Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue again. You noted yourself that they look almost identical and share the game graphics. Essentially, doing this would mean the 3DS game is incredibly crippled because the graphics are made with the intention of being able to run on a much weaker system too. Otherwise, if you go in with the intention of making new graphics just for the 3DS, basically they have to make nearly two games' worth of content, which means they'd be wasting more valuable time and money to make these games.

Most importantly it would look extremely bad for Nintendo themselves. Just being in 3D is not going to be enough of a selling point. If you tried to make a 3DS game with graphics that look just like a DS game not only would it receive a lot of criticism from pretty much everybody in the gaming industry, but it would hamper sales a lot, either from people who don't see the need in buying a $40 game that looks just like the one they have now, or don't feel that a game that looks so poor in comparison to everything else on the 3DS is worth buying.

DS sales would probably be lower than expected too because so many people already have a Pokémon game on the DS, there's less to incite them to buy another one than there would be if a brand-new game came out for the 3DS.

Mystery Dungeon got away with this because it was a brand-new series of games, so it managed to get by being a novelty and new approach to Pokémon. People have far greater expectations of a real Pokémon game, though.

edit: Wait, I forgot the most important part! Selling a Pokémon game on DS as well will do a great deal of harm to Nintendo's efforts to promote the 3DS system. Contrary to what some people might think, at the end of the day their main goal right now is to sell as many 3DS's as possible, using exclusives games like new Mario, Zelda and Pokémon.

Last edited:

PokémonFantasyGirl

Hoennshipper ♥
Years
Oh, yeah. They have to remake Ruby & Sapphire. I'm not too sure about Emerald though.. But I will definitely buy them even if they're gonna be on 3DS. Curse you, Nintendo! Forcing me to buy a 3DS. Long live Hoenn!

funrush

How's it going?
Years
Oh, yeah. They have to remake Ruby & Sapphire. I'm not too sure about Emerald though.. But I will definitely buy them even if they're gonna be on 3DS. Curse you, Nintendo! Forcing me to buy a 3DS. Long live Hoenn!
Well, chances are the RS remakes will be remakes of Emerald, similar to how HeartGold and SoulSilver were remakes of Crystal.

And yeah, you're right The 100 Mega Shock. I never really thought about it that way before.

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
I'm not sure, I'd have to see some previews to see if it's any good, and then I would only buy it if I had enough money. I wouldn't buy them if they were 3ds Exclusives though.

funrush

How's it going?
Years
If it is a 3DS exclusive, I'll probably wait a year or two before picking it up. I'm still trying to make my DS last as long as possible before making the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back