• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grammar Correction Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Basically what you do is post a sentence and people like Alyssa, Frostweaver, Latiosspud, or Kairi might come and correct your Grammar. Don't look at this like a put-down, look at it like a chance to improve your Grammar. Happy Posting.

I'd Correct grammar, but I have superiors.

TVR

Ryu Hayabusa
Years
Gold Raikou said:
"Look! They're they our!" said Jimmy

"Look! There they are!" said Jimmy.

I may not be one of the people listed but I'm bored. I'll probably do it this one time. :)

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
I can correct grammar as well. It's been a specialty of mine since I was about six. (That's when my teachers started asking me how to spell words they didn't know. Seriously.)

Articunoanna

Err....what? o_0
Years
You know, I correct grammer too.....I just generally stay in the roleplaying area, where people with good grammer go XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
*thinks that this game is for geeks...*
*therefore: let's sign up ^_^*

*"She is a better skater than any girl on the team"*
*wonders if anyone knows the grammar mistake in that...?*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Better should only be used as a comparison between two objects? =\ *is bad at grammar*
Could also need an ?any other girl? there, but I guess better could work if there are two people on the team?

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
Years
link722 said:
I love grammar. But I can't get frostweaver's grammar question. I am reading and spelling way above my grade level.
Its probably something else but the only mistake I see is that there is no "period." But Kairi is probably correct:P.

And by the way, can I be on that list?
*wonders if anyone saw the grammar mistake in that*

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
That has nothing to do with the game?=\

I believe quotation marks take the place of punctuation in that sentence. I guess it could be something as little as a period, but if so frostweaver is more cunning than I imagined. O.x

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Kairyu said:
And by the way, can I be on that list?
*wonders if anyone saw the grammar mistake in that*
*sees an incomplete phrase with "any by the way"... lacking a verb*
*awkward antecedent of "that"... readers do not know what "that" is unless s/he reads back, and that's great enough of a grammar mistake to lose tons of marks on essays... Frosty learnt that the hard way*

*Kairi and Kairyu are both correct ^_^. It is an incomplete comparison (didn't say what it's comparing to) and it's missing the period... or "footstop" for our British friends)*

*next question...?:

"Its our honors to be here with Your Majesty." Said the guard.

*wonders if anyone can get this one...*

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
That?s so obvious. O.o Even an idiot like me can get that. =P

Contraction needs an apostrophe, Its is only used without one when referring to something without gender?s possession. I.E. ?Its stuffed toy? Honor shouldn?t be plural either, and don?t ask the rule that says why. X.x;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years

*Kairi got the obvious ones... now where's the mean tricky ones Frostweaver hid? =p *c* *

*note: ignore Honour vs Honor spelling problem... we'll treat them as both correct here*

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
*doesn?t see another one* *frosty is too smart* =P

You were just asking for that one by taking over this game ya?know. ^_^;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Arwen said:
Nah.... Hopefully everyone knows the grammar rules...

Yet me see... Heres a sentence with bad Grammar:

Allison was at his boring bedroom because she is an boring person.

2 Mistakes.
... *thinks this question is beyond "help"... have to change to many things to fix the contradiction between verb tenses, along with the improper use of boring (but to fix it you need to change things dramatically)*

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Arwen said:
Nah.... Hopefully everyone knows the grammar rules...

Yet me see... Heres a sentence with bad Grammar:

Allison was at his boring bedroom because she is an boring person.

2 Mistakes.
I see one. In this post, ?grammar? is not a proper noun, thus it doesn?t need capitalization. =P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back