• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
I just want to know

Hello,

I know there have been topics about this, but I've never found one with a definite answer, and I'm sure that it's bothering more people. (Im also quite sure that this isnt the right board to ask but...)

When I insert a new map or create a new map, The map gets automatically named Pallet Town, this way when you rename the map, the original pallet town also gets renamed.

I think this leads to the problem that you can use only a limited amount of names since every map that is made, is instantly renamed.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thank you.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Im not asking for a ROM just an ips file so i think this post is ok. Has anyone ever made a diamond/pearl for gba? I cant find one anywhere so i thought id ask you guys.
Yes, I think there are two. Look for Diamond Crystals, for one.

@SuperFlanker-Technically, you should be able to do that with YAPE (which is awesome), or Poke Edit Pro.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Yes, I think there are two. Look for Diamond Crystals, for one.

@SuperFlanker-Technically, you should be able to do that with YAPE (which is awesome), or Poke Edit Pro.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those aren't tools for Pearl.

I'm looking for a way to change the name in D/P.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
So I'm relatively new to hacking and I don't intend to become a serious hacker, but I've been trying to create a Pokemon in a Pokemon Pearl version.

I've used many tools to edit the Pokemons Sprite, moves, and evolution successfully, but the one thing I haven't managed to do was edit a Pokemons name. I know it's possible, I've seen it on youtube and such, but I would like to know how to do it and what tool I should use.

Thanks in advance!

No he can not yape is for GBA...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is there a tool like unLZ.gba for G/S/C or even R/B/Y? If not, how do I change Pokemon sprites in those games?

I guess they're not compressed in the GB/C games. Anyway, load your favorite tile editor and take a look.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
This is a weird happening I picked up on yesterday:

Remember that guy in Cerulean City on FR/LG, who stands outside of Cerulean Cave, telling you that you can't enter? Well, it seems, according to Advance Map, he's not actually in Cerulean City. He's on Route 4 (The Event Editor will tell you there's an event that's not on the map--This one's referring to him.)

Now the problem I have is that whenever I try to move him, or even change some of his data so that he could at least be "Hidden" on the Map, the game automatically freezes and resets if I step on a tile near him. And to make things worse, most of the game's tiles just won't overlap him. He still stands there, visible from the end of Route 4.

So my problem is: How do I deleted weird person?

Edit: I can't just set the flag to make him disappear, since that flag would be the one set after you install the Sapphire on One Island...Which is WAY further off in the hack than I am. Doing that might cause other events that shouldn't be accessed until later to occur. ):

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay thanks what a pain I hate tile monster it dosent work with my labtop (and I have the nesisary files in system32) I will have to use my old desktop with is so slow vishual boy beraly can do 80%

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Is there a tool like unLZ.gba for G/S/C or even R/B/Y? If not, how do I change Pokemon sprites in those games?
RBY uses one form of compression that has no compressor available, although images can be decompressed with the program rbgfx.c. Pokémon Brown has modified images, because the authors rewrote some assembly code to avoid needing compressed images at all—therefore, that hack uses uncompressed images.

GSC uses another form of compression. Images can be compressed into the ROM with the program AGIXP, although whether or not the program works on a given computer seems to be hit‐or‐miss.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2011
Hacking Pokemon into Gold/Silver

To start with, sorry if this is in the wrong section. As I'm sure you can tell, I've not been here much.

I searched a little, but I couldn't find any tools or guides on how to hack Pokemon into Gold or Silver. So...I ask you how!

Straight after I get my starting Pokemon, I want to add another 5 into my team, so I leave the starting town with 6 Pokemon, all level 5. Can anyone help?

[and once again, apologies if this is in the wrong place, or was covered before]

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
To start with, sorry if this is in the wrong section. As I'm sure you can tell, I've not been here much.

I searched a little, but I couldn't find any tools or guides on how to hack Pokemon into Gold or Silver. So...I ask you how!

Straight after I get my starting Pokemon, I want to add another 5 into my team, so I leave the starting town with 6 Pokemon, all level 5. Can anyone help?

[and once again, apologies if this is in the wrong place, or was covered before]
Learn to script, and the rest will fall into place. I learned to script through this thread with scripting information, but your mileage may vary.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
im using windows xp, and trust me im 17, 11/27/1991- my b-day.
anyway, maybe you can help me get the freakin yape program to work.
Well you could try making sure everything on your computer is up to date. I have never had any any trouble running yape but many people do. Make sure you have all the files that come with it in the same folder.
That's all I can really say =/
If the program doesn't give you an error message then idk how to figure out the problem...

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
How strange. I just encountered the weirdest problem. All of the warps work when I'm in advance map, but when I play the game, one of the warps to a room, takes me to another room, out of bounds. How should I fix this?

I checked all the map banks and everything. I tested it. It works fine on Advance Map, but screws up during the game.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
I don't if it's been answered before or not because I couldn't find it with Google but, how do you replace charizard with an image BIGGER than charizard. For example, PHO has a titlescreen patch with a huge Gengar, which is bigger than the image. I know how to replace it with a smaller image, but not a bigger one. I think it has to do with tilemaps. Anyways, thanks in advance.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I don't if it's been answered before or not because I couldn't find it with Google but, how do you replace charizard with an image BIGGER than charizard. For example, PHO has a titlescreen patch with a huge Gengar, which is bigger than the image. I know how to replace it with a smaller image, but not a bigger one. I think it has to do with tilemaps. Anyways, thanks in advance.

What you need to do is get the image borken up into 8x8 segements that fit into 64x64. Then edit the tilemap with a tilemap editor suc as Hurricane or NTME.

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
how can i battle a duplicated trainer with the same trainer ID in advance map ?
because i cant battle trainers i have put in my maps when i have battled them some where else
please help and thanx to anyone who can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back