• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I really do like this game. I've played through it multiple times and I've let's played it. The only suggestion I would make would be to make the game harder because I've never had a Pokemon faint and I don't grind at all. That's the only thing I don't like about the game is that it is too easy.

Shhhhh shhhhh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, be quiet!

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
I really do like this game. I've played through it multiple times and I've let's played it. The only suggestion I would make would be to make the game harder because I've never had a Pokemon faint and I don't grind at all. That's the only thing I don't like about the game is that it is too easy.

It's still in the Beta version right now and DarkDoom did say he was redoing at entire thing basically.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Long time no reply, sorta. Just been a little busy since Uni started up again and I bought a PlayStation Vita, which has been sucking up a lot of my spare time.

anyways I read over the replies;
--
Thanks for mentioning nuzlocke challenge, i had no idea what it was, so i looked it up, and Im a super huge LOST fan, so that was an awesome read.

I probably couldn't properly implement it, since you can only catch 1 of each pokemon. but i want to do something with the idea.

Man, all i can say is: Dayum, you got me really addicted to this game and i can't wait till Chapter 8 gets released. Camping here and checking day and night for the next release :D Thanks for making this game!
I love this game,so,very,MUCH! I've been playing spee all the time! I really like it! I'm just waiting til the v.7 preview and v.7 itself!

I've finally gotten around to playing the game! So I'll give you some criticism of what I saw throughout.

--shortened due to length
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I really do like this game. I've played through it multiple times and I've let's played it.
The only suggestion I would make would be to make the game harder because I've never had a Pokemon faint and I don't grind at all. That's the only thing I don't like about the game is that it is too easy.

Well, then you'd be happy to know that one of the main reasons for the huge delay is because I was revamping the difficulty level.
---

ANYWAY..........................
Finally, after a stupidly long delay. I mean stupidly, stupidly long (9 months to be exact) the new version of Super Pokemon Eevee Edition is here.

Now; this demo will only go up to chapter 3(after the first AI battle) Yeah, wtf you're probably thinking. v7 was a large revamp. I went through and redid a lot of the script, events have been tightened up, systems have been polished, most importantly, difficulty has been rebalanced- to make it more challenging. It has the most changes of any version, a lot of the stuff is background stuff, so you might not even realise. :(
I've currently revamped up to the first AI, so i decided to just release it anyway even though it's only 1/3rd the length of v6.

I'll be releasing v7 in 3-4 parts. The first one is SPEE v0.7 a
with later parts being b,c etc.
with v8 releasing once the revamping has finally passed where v6 ended.

So yeah.
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition 0.7a
versionvw.png

DOWNLOAD | 74 mb

-Mass Rebalance
-Limitbreak System
-Suprise Battles
-Sidequests & Intel
-Waypoints
-Dynamic Map
-Whiteout(no more game over when death)
-and much, much more

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Years
Uhhh... Really, okay then, downloaded but, unfortunately I have to wait until tomorrow to test, gotta show my friend the update, I got him hooked on this :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
I've downloaded the game and when i try to play it i get an error messgae

"The RPG Maker 2003 Runtime Package is not present or not registered."

I didn't get that on previous versions

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
I got the same RPG maker 2003 problem, fixed when I downloaded and installed RPG maker 2003 though.

Found a glitch already, checked the cellphone as soon as I got it, can't exit the cellphone screen unless I restart.

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
When talking to Larry (I think that's his name) when going back to the town "thief" is spelled as "theif"

When entering the Pokemon Center on Route 2 Jolteon appeared in the Top right corner in the black area, re-entering fixed this.

I WILL UPDATE THIS MORE LATER, GOTTA GO NOW! ;3

DarkDoom3000

Years
I've downloaded the game and when i try to play it i get an error messgae

"The RPG Maker 2003 Runtime Package is not present or not registered."

I didn't get that on previous versions
Ah. goddammit. can't believe i let that slip through. Anywas, added to buglist.

It's a simple fix: just open up the SPEE folder, and look for a file called RPG_RT.ini , it will look like a notepad file with a gear on it. it should say configuration file if you look at the details.

double click to open it up. then copy/paste this-> FullPackageFlag=1
and save it. That should fix it.
*fixed*

since this is a sorta big bug, as it stops most people from playing the game, Im currently reuploaded the beta, but with it fixed. so people wont have to do the workaround to fix it.
(i also fixed the other glitches mentioned by chainedteapot and jared)

I got the same RPG maker 2003 problem, fixed when I downloaded and installed RPG maker 2003 though.

Found a glitch already, checked the cellphone as soon as I got it, can't exit the cellphone screen unless I restart.
Ah. good stuff, I had changed one line of code which ended up breaking it. *fixed*

When talking to Larry (I think that's his name) when going back to the town "thief" is spelled as "theif"

When entering the Pokemon Center on Route 2 Jolteon appeared in the Top right corner in the black area, re-entering fixed this.

I WILL UPDATE THIS MORE LATER, GOTTA GO NOW! ;3
good stuff, i actually totally forgot the Route pokecenter existed. forgot to upate it's eevee position.
*both fixed*

Uhhh... Really, okay then, downloaded but, unfortunately I have to wait until tomorrow to test, gotta show my friend the update, I got him hooked on this :D
lol, alrighty :D

---
remember, you find bugs, report them. And get added to the list of bugtesters.
and get a spot in the credits of the game. (in the QA team)
because my credits are quite small, so need you guys to beef it up. lolololol :D

Last edited:

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
I still feel like the arrows pointing where to go is such a babysitter, takes the thinking and exploration out of the game. ( i know they can be turned off, thats how i play)

When talking to Academy Master when saying that you know about the pokemon league the following dialogue spells league wrong.

When asking about the Soul Challenge to the Academy Master in when you say piece of cake, piece is spelled "peice"

Just an idea, but make achievements fade in like they fade out?

When walking into the first gym the guy at the front door who talks to you flashes when he walks (not sure about other gyms)

On the equip screen "guard" is spelled "gaurd"

Corrupted Pidgy has gust but doesnt have it when you get it?

Love all the side quests, but the quest log is just an achievement tracker and there is no way to check your actual quests

My weedle was about to die, did Limit Break.... did 400 damage. wat. Is there a limit on this move, how does it work?

I like how you added stat boosts on gear but can you do it on junk too?

When entering Resta Falls in the top left hand corner in "F1" comes up. (Found out with F2 and F3 it means floor.... maybe in the original "Resta Falls" nameplate you could write "Floor #" or something to make it more clear.

When Crystal is explaining shiny pokemon and shows the pictures between Normal and Shiny Jigglypuff it says that Crystal is talking but it shows Gold's iconz

Very nice touch when entering Arbor Forest for the first time the waypoint icons are spinning

When in the Arbor Forest and it teleports you to that place going in the pokeball on the left side puts you in a 1x1 square in the "void" - had to restart game to get out

If possible, you should go on top of waypoint arrows, not them overlapping on you

Pokemon you've acquired before your pokedex (eevee, jolteon, vaporeon, johto starter, etc.) dont show up in your pokedex

Don't remember Pokemon evolving mid battle, very nice. (ie caterpie -> butterfree)

Game is noticeably harder, but still enjoyable.

Some way to view stats/moves when viewing pokemon in the PC?

Also having that eevee/pokemon glitch in Arbor City

After beating Silver after the Bugsy battle he says " no dout" instead of "no doubt"

When talking to Crystal after the bridge around Arbor Town she says "all that jass" instead of "all that jazz"

When talking to Cut Master it says he's talking but shows Gold's icon, and when he's talking it says "but a bunch of Team Rocket g" I assume the rest of grunts is cut off. The rest of Cut Master doesnt have an icon.

- Going out now, i'll play more later -

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Years
M doesn't finish the word "to" when you meet her, she simply says t

"But 'or' leader, the hypervisor..." should be our

Kinda missed this, I don't think the days Gold and M say are the same.

My Flareon glitched in Arbor Cities Pokemon Center was thrown onto the top left corner (in the black area), it was fine afterwards though.

Will edit when I see more.

Last edited:

Omn

Moogle King
Years
alright im starting now playing the game over again

Edit: This is just but when you start the game and you exit your house it says sold which i found weird because of the fact that it was your house that your mom lives in and you haven't bought one of the other houses
Edit 2: When you first meet professor oak Interesting is spelt wrong more like intresting

Edit 3: kk instead im just gonna set up a bug list on this post and I also noticed when you first get eevee after you talk to oak and it changes back into eevee from jolteon when the cutscene ends he is back to jolteon. I dunno if that was a bug but i find it weird.

This is just me but shouldn't the professor cid and her staff be freaking out cause someone stole her pokemon cause her dialogue is the same

kk lol this post is getting long but wasn't eevee's tetra element in his move set last time im not sure but yeah just saying

Bug List:
Miss spelling of interesting
Sign on your home town house saying sold
Jolteon Instead of eevee after meeting with oak first time when it turned back into eevee

Last edited:
Years
I'm working a spelling (should make it grammar) and bug list right now and I found a bug while doing the bug extermination side quest. If you lose a battle, you go back to the pokécenter/house, but the side quest continues in the center/house.

Lockmaster24

Years
I don't know how you programmed the Limitbreak, but Pidgey ALWAYS seems to have it when it's in limit. I mean ALWAYS!

But it seems to be fixed when it evolves to Pidgeotto.

Browsing through the refine I noticed that Aqua Body gives 75% Freeze resistance, while Damp, Soaked and Ice body give burn resistance. Electric also has incorrect labelling, it has Ice Body at the end with no connection to it's previous one.

No idea what happened but the entire game just crashed with some buffer thing, it rebooted and I continued on from the last save.

Seems to be some slight error with the Psychic refining tree.

The first TM is Psychic, |Electric |200!| 95%| S| which goes to Extrasensory, which needs Psybeam, and then goes to Psychic again. I'm guessing the first Psychic is meant to be Psybeam but there is a typo. Missing an "l" on the steel on giving you Meta Stab instead of the Metal Stab to make Metal Fission.

Small minor thing, the cursor in the refine doesn't go over the DA in DARK, or the FA in FANGS, there is also the two squares after the word DRAGON on the right and the middle (also the FA in FANGS) and the square after the DRAGON on the left. The square after STEEL on the left and the two squares after on the other two. The Square after GROUND on the left, the Square before and the two Squares after on the middle and the right GROUND. I could go on but I'm guessing most cases are similar.

MORE ON THE CRASHING ERROR

It happened again both times I was viewing the refining page for a while, something about a directsound buffer, I'm going to see if I get it again and take a screenshot.
Yeah, third time. It stopped letting me look at Hyper Potion
stayedinrefinetoolong.png

On the other hand, Spore Immunity is awesome.

Last edited:

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Woot new version! Looking forward to the next parts

My playthrough so far has led me to find the following errors

The eevee help guide in oak's lab needs to be updated to match the update to the game (The guide says that eevee's forms do not get powered up when you use an item enhancement though the new version they do)

Lost to the final fight on the bug battle side quest, though it said I completed it and gave the the reward.

If you go to route 2 from route 1 there are no way-points that direct you.

When you take the side quest to get the rod, when the man restates what you have to do, the Gold face picture is still there.

I used the tetra elemental in the 2nd battle with the rival to change into Vaporeon and it switched two of my other team members around.

After getting through Resta Falls, I went to Imbido lake and there was a lass sprite on a tree, my character then froze though I could still access the menu, I had to reset the game at this point. (I think this is because the game was waiting for her to walk to me, though she couldn't as she was on the tree as trying again walking closer to her the game did not freeze)

Overall I'm loving the new stuff. I spent 2 hours just trying to master the initiative timings, while I have gotten insanely good at getting those. I have to say my luck is terrible as I have yet to find any shiney's despite getting an hour long string of initiatives.

Edit:
And to Lockmaster24 you just have really good luck, as my pidgey almost never gets the limit attack

DarkDoom3000

Years
Good stuff on the error reporting guys. currently working through them.
EDIT: reduced font size, because holy crap. Long post is awfully long.

jared said:
I still feel like the arrows pointing where to go is such a babysitter, takes the thinking and exploration out of the game. ( i know they can be turned off, thats how i play)

Well, I want the game to be extremely accessible, to the point some can get through it without paying attention to anything at all.

In one of the youtube lets plays, one guy kept getting lost. It was interesting, he actually went south after getting cut and looped around back to arbor town the long way. and spent a while not figuring out where to go, when all he needed to do as head north. It's people like him I made the waypoints for (no offence, if hes reading)

Think of it as walkthrough of the game. if you have no idea where to go, and forgot calling oak = directions, then waypoints are good.

Plus, it saves me writing a mundane walkthrough that just gives directions.

Corrupted Pidgy has gust but doesnt have it when you get it?
Yeah, the corrupted pokemon are superpowered versions, when you defeat them, they 'deolve' to normal and sorta "reset".
Pokemon you've acquired before your pokedex (eevee, jolteon, vaporeon, johto starter, etc.) dont show up in your pokedex
Intentional, I seperated out the pokedex from corrupted pokemon. so pokemon you obtain/evolve won't be added to the pokedex. you have to scan them as an enemy pokemon. :/

I did it because im planning to add a bunch of trophies for scanning pokemon. much like you get trophies for obtaining pokemon.

But since theres gonna be 386 pokemon to scan, and you can catch 201 of them, the trophy goals overlap if it automatically scans obtained pokemon. It would mean people who are doing the catch all pokemon trophies would automatically get over half of the scanning trophies.

Love all the side quests, but the quest log is just an achievement tracker and there is no way to check your actual quests
Good point, the name doesn't make sense. Ill probably put in a seperate quest log for actual sidequest progression. in addition to the current one..which is like you said, an aheivement tracker. Can't think of a good name for it. Task Log or something. maybe just a "diary". not sure.

jared said:

My weedle was about to die, did Limit Break.... did 400 damage. wat. Is there a limit on this move, how does it work?

theres a tutorial about it in the poke academy.
but basically: it's a mechanic i stole from final fantasy 8. When your pokemon's HP is low(25%, basically when HP turns yellow), it'll get the limit status- which doubles it's speed.

Not only that, theres a *chance* that the pokemon can use limitbreak. It's a super powerful desperation attack.

12-25% HP: 1/4 chance per turn

11-6% HP: 1/2 chance per turn
less than 5%: always limitbreak.
**will probably change chances depending on reception, especially the 1/1 chance.

So basically, when your pokemon is at low HP, you've gotta decide, is it better to heal it, or let it suffer, but for the chance of a limitbreak. It's a nice duality, and puts more variety and stragey in the game.

It's also GREAT for grinding, if you couple it with the suprise battle feature.

suprise battle + limitbreak = very short battle
(which was my grinding method of choice in FF8)

lockmaster said:
I don't know how you programmed the Limitbreak, but Pidgey ALWAYS seems to have it when it's in limit. I mean ALWAYS!

It was probably under 5% HP, giving it always limitbreak. Im probably gonna be changing that, as a 100% chance of limit removes some of the risk/reward factor.
maybe 1/4 chance or something like that.

Actually. Yeah, im just gonna change the formular.

like: HP% - random number between 1 and 30 -> A
if A is less than 0, (and HP% is under 25%) then limitbreak!!

so at 25% HP theres a 5/30(1/6) chance for limitbreak

and the chance will progressively increase the lower your HP.
ie:
24% = 6/30(1/5),
20%=10/30(1/3),
15% = 15/30(1/2),
10% = 20/30 (2/3)
5% = 25/30 (5/6)
But even at an extremely low HP%, theres still a small chance the limitbreak won't trigger. (at 1%, it would be a 29/30 chance of getting a limitbreak. lol)
It happened again both times I was viewing the refining page for a while, something about a directsound buffer, I'm going to see if I get it again and take a screenshot.
Yeah, third time. It stopped letting me look at Hyper Potion
Hmm.... bizziare. I suspect it's because theres too many events in 1 map. (each "event" being a node. using some quick maths, i calculated over 255 right now)
Will probably have to split the refining into different groups of types.
Im guessing thats why it's happening though. not entirely sure though. will have to test it out myself.

omn said:

Edit: This is just but when you start the game and you exit your house it says sold which i found weird because of the fact that it was your house that your mom lives in and you haven't bought one of the other houses

I just put that on the house so you could notice it more easily. you could instantly tell which house belongs to you. Probably add in a line about you and your mother being new arrivals to the town, you guys just bought the house, and moved in. which would explain the SOLD sign still being up. :D
This is just me but shouldn't the professor cid and her staff be freaking out cause someone stole her pokemon cause her dialogue is the same
goood point. i sorta forgot about that. Actually, her dialouge currently never actually changes past the first encounter. willfix.
kk lol this post is getting long but wasn't eevee's tetra element in his move set last time im not sure but yeah just saying
Had to take it out because of the way RM2k3 works with multiple movelists.
basically it meant I could either have Summons, or have tetra element in the movelist.
I chose summons, but to compensate, I put tetra and pokedex at the top of the item lists for quick access. (actually, it's quicker than scrolling to the bottom of the movelist)

monkeyboi said:

Overall I'm loving the new stuff. I spent 2 hours just trying to master the initiative timings, while I have gotten insanely good at getting those. I have to say my luck is terrible as I have yet to find any shiney's despite getting an hour long string of initiatives.

Yeah, the suprise battle mechanic does take a little bit to get used to, but becomes really handy, especially when you can beat the entire enemy team with 1 turn. It's one of the features im really proud I managed to code up. Haven't seen much games with a system like it. Just another one of the many unique features in the game.

The shiny thing is concerning, it is meant to be a 1/256 chance per special encounter. might have to check out the code, theres a chance i might've programmed it wrong.

---

Need some more general thoughts, on new additions and especially on difficulty. any spikes, or battles seeming too easy.

this should be considered "Normal Mode", since im adding difficulty modes soon, they'd only chance the difficulty of boss battles by changing movesets and increasing levels (since if wild pokemon increased in levels, you'd just get more exp which would in turn, negate the difficulty change)

Might have to tone down the hypervisor fight (notice it's not AI anymore, AI made no sense as a name. hypervisor is an actual computing term that actually makes sense to their purpose) He gave me a little bit of trouble, i kept dying, but had lots of phoenix downs.

and what makes it worse is that if you die against a hypervisor, you get an error, forcing you to quit the game. I actually made the game throw an error as a cool easter egg, but could get annoying if you constantly die.

Last edited:

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
The description of Drill Piece says "Can peirce heavy armour" instead of "pierce"

-----

Well that was a very short preview compared to the other versions, but can't wait to continue during the full one.

Back