• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pounce! - The Cat Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Thanks! Noooow... I have no idea what to talk about.

In real life I have a grey kitten.
I have no idea what breed he is {XD}

And sorry for making my Espeon's name so generic. I just named it the same name I gave him in Black 2.

You're so lucky to be able to keep a kitten, our landlord doesn't allow pets, so I can't keep one right now. But someday...

And I actually have a Zangoose called Kitty too, in B2 as well, hehe. About your signature and avatar, that pretty blue, I also think it's cuter than the original green the shiny Espeon sports.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Grey kittens (or kittens of any color really) are adorable. :7: Your cat may be an American Shorthair, which is one of the most common breeds stateside and come in many colors. It could be a mix as well.

My cat is a Bombay, he's all black except for copper eyes and he acts like a dog. :7:

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
You're so lucky to be able to keep a kitten, our landlord doesn't allow pets, so I can't keep one right now. But someday...

And I actually have a Zangoose called Kitty too, in B2 as well, hehe. About your signature and avatar, that pretty blue, I also think it's cuter than the original green the shiny Espeon sports.

1. Actually Mitzi was a wild kitten but now she's a nice kitten. I hope my mom and dad let me (and my siblings) keep her.
It sucks that my Dad's allergic

2. {XD} coincidence. I bet there are a ton more people with a Pokémon named Kitty,.

3. Yeah, I would definitely prefer a blue shiny version.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Aww, I hope your dad lets you keep her too! Rex is my first cat, since my dad's also allergic and he didn't let me have one growing up (so it was one of the first things I did after moving out). I'm used to dogs since we always had them in the house, so picking a Bombay was kind of intentional. :7: He's a great cat though and he's sitting next to me right now.

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
I wish I could have an Espeon in real life.
I wake up, there's an egg in next to my bed,
5 days later it hatches and an Eevee!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
But how would you make sure the Eevee became an Espeon? You'd need to make sure he's incredibly happy and yet be careful when to spoil him in case the extra boost pushes him over the edge during the night - not that being given an Umbreon is a bad thing haha. I think I'd rather have a Flareon in real life though, imagine how soft and warm it would be to hug
7.gif

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Um... uh... dang. I honestly can't guarantee if he becomes an Espeon, but I like them all

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ahah, that's quite a good idea! I'd be devastated if my Eevee became an Umbreon or Espeon - they are still pretty cool but I would never want one as a pet. Does Espeon even have hair...? It'd feel so weird to stroke, it's really off-putting to me haha. Something like a Flareon or a Leafeon would be so warm and soft to the touch, I'd love to hug one of those whilst watching TV.
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Pros and Con of all Eeveelutions:

Flareon:
Pros: Provides warmth, probably nicest to hug
Cons: Could catch house on fire

Vaporeon:
Pros: New swimming buddy! You'll never drown with him around Hehe rhyme
Cons: Probably be awkward to hug.

Jolteon:
Pros: No electricity bill. Jolteon zaps your generator and you'll be good to go for the next week or so
Cons: When he gets excited he'll most likely produce electricity.

Umbreon: You fill in the blanks :)
Pros:
Cons:

Leafeon:
Pros: Air is always clean and will be helpful in a garden
Cons: Leafeon's leaves will most likely fall off and will be all over your house

Glaceon:
Pros: Free ice, in summertime he'll keep you cool
Cons: Probably cold to hug and touch

And last but not least Espeon. It has Psychic powers. Nuff' said.

Ahah, that's quite a good idea! I'd be devastated if my Eevee became an Umbreon or Espeon - they are still pretty cool but I would never want one as a pet. Does Espeon even have hair...? It'd feel so weird to stroke, it's really off-putting to me haha. Something like a Flareon or a Leafeon would be so warm and soft to the touch, I'd love to hug one of those whilst watching TV.
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

Yes, Espeon does have fur. Look at it's Pokédex entries.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Espeon_(Pokémon)

Last edited:

BlueEspeon

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
It's kinda weird to me how Umbreon doesn't learn any Poison-Type moves naturally...?

Umbreon has a much better shiny form.
Now look at my signature

Last edited:

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Cat pokemon do need more love <3 Great club!

Username:
ErikaInRainbowCity

Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is:
Erika :)

Pick a partner Pokemon (optional):
Persian

Pick your partner's nickname (optional):
Cleo

Your favorite real-life cat:
Bengal tigers

Your favorite cat Pokemon:
Well I suppose if you consider Leafeon a cat... It's always been a fox in my book so I'm not gonna count it as my fave this time xD So it's Meowth first, then Persian and Skitty (my own cat at home is named Skitty Skoo hehe)

Why do you think Nintendo made many cat Pokemon so awful to use in battle? Does it irritate you?
Yes! D: one of my dreams is to raise a whole cat-themed pokemon team to battle with! It isn't fair especially considering how dangerous many big cats are in real life. I mean jeez Nintendo do your homework! I think they were picturing house cats so that's why they didn't make them very strong

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Hi Erika, nice meeting a fellow cat person ^_^

I really hope cat Pokemon's reputation as battlers will be redeemed with a fierce, lion-like evolution for Litleo!

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Hi Erika, nice meeting a fellow cat person ^_^

I really hope cat Pokemon's reputation as battlers will be redeemed with a fierce, lion-like evolution for Litleo!

Nice to meetcha too! :)

I haven't actually followed TOO much X/Y news because I don't have a 3DS and it would just make me depressed if I got too hyped for it knowing I can't play it ;_; but Litleo looks awesome! I hope it will be very strong!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Added you! Cool username, btw!

Okay, so we're doing a list of pros and cons of all Eeveelutions?

Vaporeon can swim so of course you'd never worry about drowning, but I imagine you would have to have a pool for it to constantly be in. Batttle-wise, it's defense is stunning and water is also a good, solid typing. Plus, having Water Absorb for an ability is always a bonus.

Flareon is so fluffy-wuffly and adorable!

Jolteon you couldn't hug because it's spiky D:

Espeon can predict weather, can't it?

Umbreon secretes poision, not always a good thing...

Leafeon makes sure your houseplants never die.

Glaceon keeps your freezy pops cool in summer.

Yeah, I got really lazy towards the end :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ohh okay then! I'll make it quick since it's almost 6am.

Flareon - Warm and cuddly with a great fighting spirit and the perfect pet, but unfortunate stats make it a useless battler compared to the others. I love Flareon and I wish it was given a better break haha. 10/10

Jolteon - Great battler and relatively cute, I'd have one as a pet as long as I could teach it to be less vicious and it wouldn't keep shocking everything. 7/10

Vaporeon - Ugly, disgusting creature that makes me feel sick to think of touching its skin. It's a good battler that's annoying as hell to fight, so there's not much redeeming here. 3/10

Espeon - Does this thing even have fur? It looks cool and it's a decent battler but the idea of stroking it creeps me out a little haha. Also the huge undeserved fandom around it ticks me off a little. 5/10

Umbreon - SO COOL. It looks amazing with even better shiny colours and it just stands there in battle being so calm and collected and... plain awesome haha. It's not exceptional but I enjoy using it and it's certainly one of the best looking evolutions. 8/10

Leafeon - Looks amazing, fun to use and fills some small niches quite well. It's my second favourite of the Eevee evolutions and I love the design, it's just a shame like Flareon that it's not so great at battling. 9/10

Glaceon - It's a decent battler but not at all interesting to me and the design is elegant yet dull. There's nothing special about this Pokémon but it is quite pretty and nice to use on a team. 6/10

Sylveon - The typing and moves intrigue me but I really dislike the design (it looks ridiculous, no?) and I'm not holding out much hope for this new evolution. At least it has pretty colours. 5/10

I think I may have been a little harsh from tiredness but basically I adore Flareon and hate Vaporeon. What about you guys?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Ah, I'll join the bandwagon! I've never used an eeveelution in battle though, so I'm gonna base this only on their design and dex entries. And how I think it'd be like to have them as pets ^_^

So, going by dex number:

Vaporeon - very pretty and elegant, I think it would make a great swimming buddy, though you'd need to have a pool to keep one, I can't imagine it being able to stay out of the water for too long.

Jolteon - free electricity, yay, as long as it doesn't shock everything that dares to touch it. Not that it looks very huggable, hehe. Actually, it reminds me of a guard dog.

Flareon - very cute, so cuddly and fluffy! I would rate it the best hugging buddy! I've heard that people look down on Flareon because of its battling prowes, and it's a shame, it looks like such a great Pokemon.

Espeon - I think it looks amazing, kind of mysterious actually, with just a bit of creepy. I read that its fur is supposed to feel like velvet to touch, so maybe it's not that scary to be around it. Also, it's worth noting that, since this is a cat Pokemon fan club, out of all the eeveelutions, Espeon definitely looks the most feline to me.

Umbreon - it has a really cool design, I'll give you that. It looks mysterious, ready to jump you from the darkness of night, great in battle, it's just... it was never my favorite, I don't know why.

Leafeon - this is my favorite design, I think. It's very cute, and looks, I don't know, loyal and trustworthy? It just gives me that sort of impression. And it is said to purify the air, so it would be nice to have it around, fresh air, aaaah.

Glaceon - very elegant, almost haughty. I think that's the reason it throws me off a little, because otherwise it'd be among my favorites. Looks very fitting as an Ice type, that's for sure. Nice to have around during those hot summer days, hehe.

Sylveon - oh my gosh, its design just has so much going on, right? I'm really curious to see what kind of personality they're gonna give it, right now it looks like a happy Pokemon that loves to eat candy ^_^

Also, this took way too long to write, I even ate dinner half way, hehe.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Considering all the talk and all the constant love for the Eevee family I've got a question for you all. Why do you think the Eevee family are the most popular felines (unless you think they're not, then feel free to say why!) and do you think the other feline Pokémon get a bad deal from this? Most other felines seem really overshadowed by the Eevee crew which is a big disappointment given how unique and adorable most of them are. Perhaps it's because most feline Pokémon don't have many quirky elements to them whereas the Eevee family is basically one huge pile of quirkiness? I'd probably go with this, but it's a big shame for the other felines haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back