• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
I still need help. Since the guy in the game is giving me the national pokedex before prof. Oak does. Is there anyway i can stop prof. oak from giving it to you again. or if you already have it he will not give it to you. please tell me.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
How do I insert a script into my pokemon firered rom?
This is the script:
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
message $aidtalk
boxset 6
giveitem 0x44
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $done
message $police
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $police
$police 1 = Here, have these rare candies.

#ORG $police2
$police 2 1 = Stay away from dead bodies!
It may freeze your game.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Waht are the pallette offsets for the tilesets in FR?
It depends on what Tileset offset you want. Just look them up in Unlz.

I still need help. Since the guy in the game is giving me the national pokedex before prof. Oak does. Is there anyway i can stop prof. oak from giving it to you again. or if you already have it he will not give it to you. please tell me.
Easiest way: Just make Prof. Oak a new script. Harder way: Change your script to give the same flags Oak looks for.

This is the script:
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
message $aidtalk
boxset 6
giveitem 0x44
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $done
message $police
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $police

#ORG $police2
It may freeze your game.

This is the script:
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
message $aidtalk
boxset 6
giveitem 0x44
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $done
message $police
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $police

#ORG $police2
It may freeze your game.
Hmm...this looks like a script using Pokescript code. Try using Pokescript :).

By the way, Sorry for being away for a while... though it seems like HackMew is on fire!
But I'm back to answering questions again! So hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Oh, all I had to do was check the Special Dialog box? *slaps forehead*

One last thing.

All the Pokemon in my game are Lax natured.

Like, ALL OF THEM.

And I have no idea why.

A little help here?

~Diggeh

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
If it's not too hard, i'm thinking of adding a radio to my hack. How would that be scripted in pokescript?

ADDED: Another big thing is that there can only be one gender. How do I delete the option to be a girl?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
hi
ive got some questions

1. need help with marts. how do i make it so that the first time you visit viridian city you can use the mart with out the person giving you oaks pacel but still not being able to buy pokeballs until you get the dex?

3. on pokemon crystal where you enter cherrygrove for thwe first time theres a man there that gives you a tour and then gives you a map card and goes into his house. if you go to the house before hes not there obveously but im having trouble making a script like that for leaf green.

1. You have to edit the level script to do so. Maybe it would be better to rewrite it totally in order to fit your desire.

3. Ask in the Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion thread for further info.

All the Pokemon in my game are Lax natured.
Like, ALL OF THEM.
And I have no idea why.

Uhm, I really think that you badly corrupt your ROM... Try some backups...

If it's not too hard, i'm thinking of adding a radio to my hack. How would that be scripted in pokescript?

ADDED: Another big thing is that there can only be one gender. How do I delete the option to be a girl?

Implementing them would require several ASM hacking operations, and therefore makes it very, very hard. If not impossible.
Anyway keep in mind that you can't use some scripts to make such things.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Ummh how do I save the bit/world map in elitemap? I've changed the map but when I play the gameit's not saved :/

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ummh how do I save the bit/world map in elitemap? I've changed the map but when I play the gameit's not saved :/

You can't edit the world map with EM. You have to use unLZ.GBA instead.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years

Amplifier 2006 Ae. There you can choose the chance of getting the pokémon as male/female (like 75%-25%, or 100%-0%^^)
You can find Amplifier 2006 Ae in TreeckoLvl.100´s toolboxthread (the first link.)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Amplifier 2006 Ae. There you can choose the chance of getting the pokémon as male/female (like 75%-25%, or 100%-0%^^)
You can find Amplifier 2006 Ae in TreeckoLvl.100´s toolboxthread (the first link.)
I believe be meant the Player's gender and Hackmew is right, it would require quite a bit of ASM hacking...
how do i edit the level script of a map?
You can find the offsets using Elitemap. Just open up the map you want, in your case, the mart in Viridian. Then click this icon
imagetu9.png
in the upper right-hand corner. There you go, there is your script.

Hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Wow, I feel stupid.

It turns out that the Pokemon I caught just happened to all be Lax. =_=

One more question. [surprise, surprise]

How could I change a mart item from, say, Antidote into a Master Ball? I tried using AdvanceMart, and even with the Fire Red patch, it doesn't work, so I need another way.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How could I change a mart item from, say, Antidote into a Master Ball? I tried using AdvanceMart, and even with the Fire Red patch, it doesn't work, so I need another way.

If it doesn't work you have to use a hex editor. No way out.

How do you edit pallete's of the tilesets in FR? with APE

Please, don't ask the same question over and over again. It's just pointless. And I've already answered... why didn't you read my answer?

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
If it doesn't work you have to use a hex editor. No way out.

Please, don't ask the same question over and over again. It's just pointless. And I've already answered... why didn't you read my answer?

Dude.. you didnt :P I still dont know how to do it

soemaal

-[POKEMON PLATINUM]- Developer
Years
GAME: POKEMON FIRE RED.

i edited my start characters colors whit the program called SPREAD.exe

only when u use running shoes normal color come back.

My question:
  • How do i change the sprite color from the character wearing running shoes?

Thanks in advance,
Soemaal.
Pokemon Platinum Developer.

silverish_dewil

PKMN Necromancer
Years
i'm having a problem when using a program like bewildered or dexter. When I try to open the rom it says: "Supported ROM, but pokedex data unspecified"

Please help!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I do not really know if I can ask this question here. Its related to Rom-Hacking, but not to Rom-Hacking Pokemon games.

Does anyone know a level editor for LoZ:OoA/OoS(The two oracle games)?

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
I used advance map to make a new house and it works fine, but no matter what I do, the border block looks magenta-pink when playing the game. Can this be fixed?

Cullin1

Larvitar Master!
Years
I'm currently having problems with editing Fire Red version of pokemon. I can edit everything, houses, warps and EVERYTHING, but scripts(Which I see and hear...But not sure how it works.)

So if maybe I can get some guides for the hexshop and how to edit starters, stuff people say, and how I can make a trainer..Actually a trainer.

Thanks in Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back