• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Gabby and Ty

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
For anyone who doesn't know, Gabby and Ty are these guys
Spr_RS_Interviewer.png
(dem eyes tho). They are in Hoenn and they go from Route 111 to 118 and 120 back and forth, and their team gets stronger every time you battle them, until they reach level 39. They have a Whismur, and Magnemite at first, and in the last battle have Magneton and Exploud. So what do you think about these guys? Do you battle them a lot as a way to train? Do you tell them stupid stuff when they ask for an interview, or do you decide to not get interviewed at all?
As for me, I sometimes keep fighting them when I'm training for the Elite Four, and sometimes say stupid things on the interview and then see myself on TV.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, these two; I definitely remember them, haha. They were fun to battle against, but would have been nice if they had played more of an actual role in the story. Only time they ever took part in it was when interview Stern before his submarine gets stolen by Team Aqua/Magma. If they were always there recording all important occurrences--such as when Groudon and Kyogre fight against each other in Sootopolis city--I suppose they would've been more memorable. d:

Years
I always loved searching around for Gabby and Ty- if only to give them ridiculous answers for the post-battle interview. I never understood why they were always out in the middle of nowhere trying to film Pokemon battles, since they'd get much better footage at a Gym or the Battle Tower/Frontier, etc. Either way, it was always nice to see them pop up in one of those random places, and you could battle them for some quick experience.

Years
There is ABSOLUTELY no way that I'd forget them.
I grind my pokemon using them, so that explains it.
And, I've got to admit that getting interviewed by them, saying nonsensical things, and seeing yourself in TV is fun.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
They were good trainers for my pokemon for a couple of reporters, then I just make the funniest things I could find possible in the interviews, these guys were great though, but I would have appreciated if they're pokemon's levels would have gone higher than just 39.

Years
I battled those guys quite a lot, they are pretty fun to grind against, especially with Fighting-types since their two Pokemon share Fighting weaknesses. Also pretty nice for money grinding, and I love the funny words you could put into the after-battle interviews with them.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I was always happy to run into them when playing Sapphire for the first time, as it meant having a double battle!
Back in the day i would actually try to give an appropiate answer to their questions, now i either skip the interview or say something stupid xD

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I didn't like them so much because of their level cap but putting in funny things like Blaziken, Seviper, and "awkward" mmmmm deeep meaning lol.

Elements1

Meh
Years
Of course I remember these guys!! Though I found it a slight annoyance at the end with the interview. I don't usually watch T.V in the R/S/E games so it didn't make a difference to me, just took away time from my grinding :P If I did accept the interview I would just write whatever.

tfender7

For anyone who doesn't know, Gabby and Ty are these guys (dem eyes tho). They are in Hoenn and they go from Route 111 to 118 and 120 back and forth, and their team gets stronger every time you battle them, until they reach level 39. They have a Whismur, and Magnemite at first, and in the last battle have Magneton and Exploud. So what do you think about these guys? Do you battle them a lot as a way to train? Do you tell them stupid stuff when they ask for an interview, or do you decide to not get interviewed at all?
As for me, I sometimes keep fighting them when I'm training for the Elite Four, and sometimes say stupid things on the interview and then see myself on TV.

Going back to the topic of training for the E4,
If you go in between routs or routs and cities fast (by running), that makes the probobility of the trainers registered in your PokeNav to want a rematch.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
They're my go-to grind people. Not only for levels, but for money! I never do the interview anymore, though. I used to always tell them the name of the Pokemon that dealt the final move in battle, but nowadays I don't really care.

Remember that rumor that they'd give you Fresh Water if you said "thirsty"? lmao

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I always battled these guys, but my interviews were always so bland. I didn't like to find the perfect saying so I typed A a bunch and would just go with the Pokemon Abra as how I felt about the battle :P

Years
One of the few trainers that can be rebattled I believe. For some reason I still fought them even when I was way overlevelled.

I never give them interviews, though. It's a chore.

Years
I ocassionally battle them before the elite 4 - but I am usually just too lazy to reply to their interview so I don't reply at all - unless if I accidentally click reply xD Than I reply with something random xD

Back