• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
i have use dexter but there you cant change the text of the pokemon.and with a text programm i cant find the texts.
pls help me

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
i have use dexter but there you cant change the text of the pokemon.and with a text programm i cant find the texts.
pls help me

You can use a hex editor of yuor choice which supports table files and edit the texts.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2007
I'm trying to make a emerald hack and i wanted to know if someone could awnser my question

In my game i want it so you start out in a different region besides hoenn,but i cant seem to find out how to change were your character starts out..if anyone know please help me.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
How can i make pokeball events on advance map?
I will do a masterball event on my own map, but im not know how i can do scripts and put them then into the game.
Can someone help me. It is very important.

**edit**
k i have finished that,but i have a second qoustion:
how can i edit the traineer card?

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
How can i make pokeball events on advance map?
I will do a masterball event on my own map, but im not know how i can do scripts and put them then into the game.
Can someone help me. It is very important.

You chose the map you want to insert the masterball event.Then you switch to the event mode. You raise the PEOPLE events by one. At the up left side you'll see the "P" put it in the mapplace you want to use. Afterthat go and chose the picture you want to use for that event (for a pokéball you'll use picture 92 in FR/LG) than save your map. Now you have to use an hexeditor to search for free space in your rom. Mybe you can use this offset:0x76ECF0. Go in your favourite text editor and write this:
#org 0xfreeoffset
checkflag 0xfreeflag(1)
if 1 jump 0xfreeoffset(1)
fanfare 0x13A ' 0x13A is the itemget sound
getitem 0x1 5 '1 contains the masterball and the 5 shows hoe much you want to get. i've chosen 5.
waitfanfare 0x13A
setflag 0xfreeflag(1) ' you must use the flag offset of the top
end

#org 0xfreeoffste (1)
end
save it as a .rbc data(you have to chose by "save as..." All!!!) than you have to give the pokeball event the offset of your script. That's the first offset you used at the top!
Than use diamond cutter or another script compiler and compile the script to your game.
IMPORTANT!!! I haven't write in my script how to make the pokeball ereasing from the screen!!!! you must ask some1 how to do this. maybe zel can help you.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
You should use unLZ which is coming with elitemap and open your rom. than chose "Run deep scan". After that goto number 1100 or sth. (in FR/LG which rom do you use??) and chose 256 colour mode and black white go and search until you see a picture with the trainer card. Save it edit it and import it! i hav'nt found the The trainer picture on the card but you can ask zel as well

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I'm trying to make a emerald hack and i wanted to know if someone could awnser my question

In my game i want it so you start out in a different region besides hoenn,but i cant seem to find out how to change were your character starts out..if anyone know please help me.

there is an editor which is called "startmappdeditor" you open your rom and select the map you will start at. but be carefull! The start point is the sam as in littleroot town!!! maybe if you change the starposition there you change it on the other maps
i hope this will help you! if not try to ask zel or other persons who arepretty good in scripting things

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I have a question how come the flour isint brown in advance map but it is ingame. Any1 know how to change it?
Screenshot:
mauvilleamnx6.jpg

mauvilleho2.png

maybe the flowers are moving and so you've change the tiles wrong sry!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
mamudi said:
I have a question how come the flour isint brown in advance map but it is ingame. Any1 know how to change it?
Screenshot:
mauvilleamnx6.jpg

mauvilleho2.png

You need to change that tile using TLP or other tile editing software. Just go to offset: 376C00 to find the animation tiles of flowers.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2007
Umm...What program can I use to change wild pokemon in Fire Red because I can't find one that works...

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
how can i change the icons of the pokemon?
with iconed i can edit the icons but i will change them
i will make bulbasur to neatle and i need to change the icons because i cant draw very good.
pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back