• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Club Helpdesk

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Club Helpdesk
helpdesk.jpg

Welcome to Fan Clubs & Groups! First of all, I am psyched that you are wanting to contribute by creating a club here in this very forum! If you are a new member or a club regular, and you have something like an idea to share for the club, feel free to post here! I, or a regular user here will be there to apply input to your ideas so that way they can make it happen!

The Club Lounge has been remodeled to create a brand new hub called Club Helpdesk. Basically it's the "front desk" part of FC&G, where it acts like a "quick questions/ideas discussion" type of thread, and it's there for you whenever you need it. :)

This thread can be used for the following:

→If you are new to club making and need help setting up a club, you can ask here.
→Got an idea for a club but don't know how to shoot it off? No worries! We can help you here.
→Club owners can discuss CSS requests, club maintenance such as recruiting a new owner.
→If you have a question in regards to Pokemon Clubs or want to advertise a Pokemon Club, this is not the right thread!

Have fun discussing!

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Hey there man! I just wanted to ask you! Should we just post the thread of the club and then you'll approve it or what? The rules weren't really clear enough.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey there man! I just wanted to ask you! Should we just post the thread of the club and then you'll approve it or what? The rules weren't really clear enough.

Since this is a moderated section, yes. That's exactly how the process goes. Your thread will not be shown to the public until I approve it. Keep an eye on the Approvals thread to see an update on your submission.

Can you pinpoint me what part of the rules weren't clear enough for you? Or was it just that part?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I was just wondering if I'd be allowed to create a club for writers, or would it defeat the purpose of the writer's lounge? D: I was hoping it could be a place where people could ask for writing tips, help for writer's block, discuss what they write about or ideas... stuff like that.

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but I couldn't find anywhere else to go. :x

Ruby Rose

Drinks Milk B]
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 24, 2015
Hello! I am thinking about creating a club on here, I have looked at the rules I think I understand them. Though I still think I will need a little guidance on how to make one. So I assume If I run into a little bump in the road to making a club I can just PM a staff member? Also I would like to know if lets say that the owner is going to be inactive for a bit due to a busy schedule but they don't want to give up ownership of the club, is it allowed to ask a trusted member of the owner's club if they can watch it will they are gone? Not for like if they are gone for 2 months but just to give them a heads up that they have something to do that week or so and need somebody to watch the club while inactive for said amount of time.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I was just wondering if I'd be allowed to create a club for writers, or would it defeat the purpose of the writer's lounge? D: I was hoping it could be a place where people could ask for writing tips, help for writer's block, discuss what they write about or ideas... stuff like that.

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but I couldn't find anywhere else to go. :x

I wouldn't say it defeats the purpose of it, the main tidbit I have with this club idea is that it may not gather the same activity as what Writer's Lounge would get.

However, you could do like a "writing slam" club, where amateur writers can join in and share pieces of their writing (completed or not). I think that's a better way to build a writing club here.

Hello! I am thinking about creating a club on here, I have looked at the rules I think I understand them. Though I still think I will need a little guidance on how to make one^^' So I assume If I run into a little bump in the road to making a club I can just PM a staff member? Also I would like to know if lets say that the owner is going to be inactive for a bit due to a busy schedule but they don't want to give up ownership of the club, is it allowed to ask a trusted member of the owner's club if they can watch it will they are gone? Not for like if they are gone for 2 months but just to give them a heads up that they have something to do that week or so and need somebody to watch the club while inactive for said amount of time.

That's a lot of questions there :P

1. You can always PM me if you need any help building a club.

2. As long as the owner does not disappear for more than 30 days (while the club is gathering discussion), I actually have the right to find a new owner, or close down the club if no new owner is available. If you know that you will have a busy schedule, I do recommend finding a co-owner.

Ruby Rose

Drinks Milk B]
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 24, 2015
I wouldn't say it defeats the purpose of it, the main tidbit I have with this club idea is that it may not gather the same activity as what Writer's Lounge would get.

However, you could do like a "writing slam" club, where amateur writers can join in and share pieces of their writing (completed or not). I think that's a better way to build a writing club here.

That's a lot of questions there :P

1. You can always PM me if you need any help building a club.

2. As long as the owner does not disappear for more than 30 days (while the club is gathering discussion), I actually have the right to find a new owner, or close down the club if no new owner is available. If you know that you will have a busy schedule, I do recommend finding a co-owner.

Ok, Thank you for answering my questions =]

Bay

Years
Hope you don't mine me dropping by Axeliira to answer DuckieIs Adorbz's concern real quick!

I would agree with Axeliira that a writing club might not gather much activity like it would in the Writers Lounge. A lot of the stuff you mentioned like writing tips and writer's block can be discussed in the Fanfic and Writing's DCC section.

As for Axeliira's writing slam idea, part of me thinks that the "Share Your Writing" thread serves that purpose. On the other hand, I guess the club can be more of a relaxed setting for that. I know in another forum there's a writing club, but it's moreso topics that is similar to this writing section's DCC.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
So yeah, I was thinking of making a Mafia club, for those people who just want to hangout and talk about the game of Mafia, because almost everyone cares about that game haha. It's technically an interest and it has received quite a following in PC so I was wondering if I can make it?

Also, I do have some plans on bringing back the Filipino club, and the Minecraft club, but I really want to jumpstart the Mafia club first.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
So yeah, I was thinking of making a Mafia club, for those people who just want to hangout and talk about the game of Mafia, because almost everyone cares about that game haha. It's technically an interest and it has received quite a following in PC so I was wondering if I can make it?

Also, I do have some plans on bringing back the Filipino club, and the Minecraft club, but I really want to jumpstart the Mafia club first.

I suppose you could do it, but I don't know how much attention it would attract as a club. Mafia/werewolf/dip/etc. are included in the Tabletop Gaming Lounge and nobody has really said anything about them yet. You might try and fire up a conversation about it there first, and then think about making a separate club based on how much attention just casual talk about mafia garners.

Salzorrah

Years
I suppose you could do it, but I don't know how much attention it would attract as a club. Mafia/werewolf/dip/etc. are included in the Tabletop Gaming Lounge and nobody has really said anything about them yet. You might try and fire up a conversation about it there first, and then think about making a separate club based on how much attention just casual talk about mafia garners.

I was thinking about that doing in the tabletop game club, but since we have like atleast 50 PC mafia members, and I know you can attest to that, I kinda thought it be cool if it were a separate club instead haha

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I personally don't mind doing a mafia club, really! If it's big enough to warrant as its own topic rather than a standalone topic for the Tabletop Club, then make it. I'm..not sure if it'll steer away from the other mafia threads in other sections though, but you can at least link them in your OP should you decide to make one.

Salzorrah

Years
Well, I originally planned the club to be just a lounge for those PC mafia players and discuss strategies, and stuff... and keep our mafia games in different sections organized :]

Years
Hello, I was surprised to see that there was no music related clubs open, so I guess I should fix that!

I'm thinking of either doing a musicians club, or just a music club for listeners of music.

I am concerned with how many people will actually sign up for a musician club, considering it requires a skill. If recall correctly, way back there used to be a musicians club but it's been gone for a while now. Can you give me some insight into how well the club did if you remember?

Also! If I decide to do a music listeners club, do you think that's too broad, or should I make a club specific to a genre?

Finally, I'm anxious about my ability to consistently conjure up topics, and my social/writing skills. Often times I'm not really sure how to write posts on PC. It just seems kind of unnatural, and I guess something I'll get better at over time.

Back