• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Royal Blue Ocean [Water Type Pokemon Club]

Drawing Contest Theme!

• Total voters

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
yeah I agree with MIAU that Tympole seems the most logical choice. it has three stages like every starter should. I like Tirtouga but having a fossil as a starter would feel strange, we also have Squirtle line as a starter and two water turtle starters may feel a little like they're just recycling Pokemon even more.

Years
And I'm not sure if members can suggest new topics, since the owner is in charge of that, but I had a couple of ideas. However, if it's not allowed, I apologize and won't mention it again.
Omg, thanks for reminding me, I meant to put something like that in the rules or something! But yes! I would love to have your ideas just PM me them so I can make sure they are fit for the club. x]
Omg, thanks for reminding me, I meant to put that in the rules or something but I forgot! Um, yes I would very appreciate your topics, just PM them to me so I can make sure they are...you know...fit for the club!

I get it now though, so I'm gonna chose Tympole. She has a 3 evolutionary line, gets a nice 2nd type, and I used her in my game and loved her, she's still in my team. Hydro Pump + Earthquake FTW.

Edit: Also, sorry for disappearing these days, I'll be a lot more active.
Don't worry I don't mind, i've been a bit inactive myself. Just try to be active when you can

Nice choice, I've never thought of Tympole as a strong Pokemon until you came along and I thought about it :]

Although I don't know if that counts because I remember Tympole being in games before B/W.

we also have Squirtle line as a starter and two water turtle starters may feel a little like they're just recycling Pokemon even more.

Err you ninja'd me =P

I guess you have a point, I never thought about that but as I said, Tympole came before the 5th gen which would change everything, because they have never had a starter that wasn't introduced in the same generation.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Nice choice, I've never thought of Tympole as a strong Pokemon until you came along and I thought about it :]

Although I don't know if that counts because I remember Tympole being in games before B/W.

Huh? No, I think all Pokemon in Unova are new. I mean those you meet before the E4. I'm pretty sure Tympole is a GenV Pokemon. And she is strong, I had her replace the water monkey (Panpour) whom I didn't like, and she took down Elesa and Clay by herself :D

Oh and sure, I'll PM you :)

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Do you use the move Aqua Jet? If so how do you use it effectively?

I've used it several times in the past. How do I use Aqua Jet effectively? I'd say whenever a Pokemon is very close to be fainted or if my Pokemon is close to be fainted, Aqua Jet is the logically, smart move to use prior to the fainted stage.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Do you use the move Aqua Jet? If so how do you use it effectively?

I don't recall ever using it actually, though from what I've seen, it's pretty decent. All I've ever seen of it is from Ash's Buizel in the anime, in which it looks like a pretty decent move, but it's rare that the games and anime ever walk together in this regard. From what I've gathered it usually attacks first, so it's good to use when your Pokémon is in a pickle? If that's so, I'd probably use it around times when it's the only viable option, ie. when a Pokémon is about to faint and it's the fastest and strongest move available.

Years
I WUV YOUO_O
tumblr_m3ftd4OhwW1qa6lp8.gif
Thanks for the Topics MIAU, I will definitely use most of them! :3

From what I've gathered it usually attacks first, so it's good to use when your Pokémon is in a pickle? If that's so, I'd probably use it around times when it's the only viable option, ie. when a Pokémon is about to faint and it's the fastest and strongest move available.

Well not only does it usually go first but it is guaranteed to go first unless the other Pokemon is also using Aqua Jet and has a higher speed unless i'm mistaken, but i'm pretty sure that's what the description said when I played through White. But yes it is very convenient to have when you are in the situation where you are on low HP, it's also nice to have when you're in that situation where you're both at like 5 hp and your opponent thinks he is gonna out speed ya with his fancy Choice Scarf ;D

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Name: droomph
Partner: Mudkip and Oshawott
Why?: the reason right ^
topiku: Aqua jet? I usually don't pay attention to moves other than attack power, so I'd definitely use it somewhat if I were ever gonna come upon it.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Name:TheAC29
2 Partner Pokemon:Empoleon and Marshtomp

Why do you want to swim with us?:Because the last time I logged in to see a new topic from the original Water-Park Pokemon Club, but the owner closed the club, but the good thing is you revived the club, so that's why I wanted to join the Water-Type Club again :)
Answer Current topic:I used Aqua Jet sometimes, but it's power is a little bit low to me, but it's worth a shot :)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
If They Made Pokemon Grey, What Would You Have Wanted The Water Starter To Be Instead of Oshawott?

515.gif
516.gif

Why? Well look at all the starters in the past for instance, options to choose Fire vs Grass vs Water. Panpour & its other two rivalry are the perfect fit as starters, to me anywhere. Though I'd have to admit that I won't be going with water type if this were to ever happen. :x

Years
Name: droomph
Partner: Mudkip and Oshawott
Why?: the reason right ^
topiku: Aqua jet? I usually don't pay attention to moves other than attack power, so I'd definitely use it somewhat if I were ever gonna come upon it.

Name:TheAC29
2 Partner Pokemon:Empoleon and Marshtomp

Why do you want to swim with us?:Because the last time I logged in to see a new topic from the original Water-Park Pokemon Club, but the owner closed the club, but the good thing is you revived the club, so that's why I wanted to join the Water-Type Club again :)
Answer Current topic:I used Aqua Jet sometimes, but it's power is a little bit low to me, but it's worth a shot :)

HELLO PEOPLES! I'M A BIT HYPER THIS MORNING! CAN YOU TELL!?!?!
@ TheAC29-Um...I don't remember reviewing the last Water Type club but i'll take it! :3

Yeah, Power isn't everything but it is nice to have that. Aqua Jet is a very strategic move rather than a move that has a bunch of power.

Novaxxbite

Water Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Joining Club

Name: Nova
2 Partner Pokemon: Milotic and Marshtomp
Why do you want to swim with us?: Water is my element. Since Pokemon Blue its always been a water starter. My favorite starter is Gen 3: Marshtomp and favorite overall pokemon is Milotic.

If They Made Pokemon Grey, What Would You Have Wanted The Water Starter To Be Instead of Oshawott : umm... probably poliwag , since it has 3 evolutions + the extra (politoad)

Years
*Grumbles about school activity drops >_<*

New Topic (Yay:D)

Design a Water/Fire Pokemon. It's the only Water dual type that doesn't have a Pokemon yet, most likely on account of Water and Fire not being compatible together. Fakemon Sprites are more than welcome!
~Thanks to Miau

The challenge is on!

Falling Wishes

"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."
Years
*Grumbles about school activity drops >_<*

New Topic (Yay:D)

Design a Water/Fire Pokemon. It's the only Water dual type that doesn't have a Pokemon yet, most likely on account of Water and Fire not being compatible together. Fakemon Sprites are more than welcome!
~Thanks to Miau

The challenge is on!

Tentacruel but with a red color on them as their design, i'm not good with sprites thought! ^^'

Years
I'm too lazy to provide examples Err, I guess I should provide an example. I'll see what I can come up with as soon as I get the time. I'll even see if I can make a sprite n__n.

I hope you don't mind me picking on you Falling Wishes;). Even though it's fine if you just leave a brief description, it is strongly encouraged that you provide stats and some moves. Sprites are always good too :3

aquavi

scintillating starmie
Years
Name: Aqua

2 Partner Pokemon: Starmie and Vaporeon

Why do you want to swim with us?: Water types are clearly the best! Also, I love spriting, and the current challenge has me interested (; Water Pokemon are my favorites because of their looks and power, and I've probably used Surf more than anything else in the game... for good reason I think.

Answer Current topic: Oh god... ermm... I think it'd be a bit of a cross between Arcanine/Entei and Vaporeon. Scaly for sure, with a long mermaid-esque tail, but maybe orange/red in color and with a lion's mane or something. I'm sure it'd know moves like scald, flamethrower, surf, and I can't think what else, but I think it ought to be banned from learning any ice-type moves. I hope that's descriptive enough, I might sprite it later!

Years
Hiiii Aqua! Have fun swimmin' with us!
New Topic!
Milotic Vs. Gyarados
~Thanks to Miau~

This is a very hard choice for me because they both are awesome water pokes. They both have a cool 520 base stats(don't quote me on that) and they both play different roles. Milotic is really nice offensively, but she is a bit more on the squishy side, whereas Gyarados is pretty bulky and can take a few good hits. Even though I tend not to use either one very often for some reason, I think I prefer Milotic over Gyarados probably just because Milotic's attacks are devastating!

Milotic also has a superior design over Gyarados in my opinion. Milotic is just so majestic <3

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
My inactivity :(
I have always like Miltioc better than Gyrados because in my opinion Miltoic would win because Milotic looks way better and is a great battler although Gyradous is a good battler to because it can learn dragon moves so it would be a even match but anyway

[ignore the stupid voice in the video]
http://www.youtube.com/embed/R9aJ-bPTd1s

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Name: CourageHound

2 Partner Pokemon: Gyarados and Swampert

Why do you want to swim with us?: The water type has a very diverse population of which holds two of my favorite pokemon and others I like alot. I choose swampert as my partner due to him being my first and only water starter in ruby and we, ya know bonded. So much so I couldnt stop talking about him for a good month, and even now I till love him. Plus, I also heard Swampert gives gigantic hugs. :D
Okay, I also chose Gyarados because of his epicness. Okay, aside from the obvious I love him for a few other reasons. Because of his anime apearences, my fanboy-ish dream to ride one(and pretty much all my other ridable pokemon) and because of a fan fic i'm reading(ts called The Quest for the Legends: dragonflycave.com for anyone interested).

Answer Current topic: Gyarados vs Milotic?
Okay it really boils down to their roles. Milotic is very bulky and Gyarados packs alot of power and both have great abillities to captilize on it. Gyarados wrecks with its stat boosts, and milotic has a frustrating amount of bulk(easily abusing marvel scale with RestTalk). Thing is, there are often times where milotic struggles to do its job very well(falls to Ferrothorn/Ferroseed). However Gyarados still manages to do what it does best without too much interference with to many of new and old pokes(being able to taunt Ferro is a nice plus) thus still being viable, but i must give Milotic kudos for not caring about hazards or status. So my vote belongs to Gyarados.

But I have a question. I was wondering if a gyarados was trying to rest or give somone a hug or something, are they able to coil up to do so, or no due to their armor plates?

Last edited:
Years
My inactivity :(
I have always like Miltioc better than Gyrados because in my opinion Miltoic would win because Milotic looks way better and is a great battle...
*Gasp* How dare you call Gyarados ugly, and then misspell his name! D:
Name: CourageHound

2 Partner Pokemon: Gyarados and Swampert

Why do you want to swim with us?: The water type has a very diverse population of which holds two of my favorite pokemon and others I like alot. I choose swampert as my partner due to him being my first and only water starter in ruby and we, ya know bonded. So much so I couldnt stop talking about him for a good month, and even now I till love him. Plus, I also heard Swampert gives gigantic hugs. :D
Okay, I also chose Gyarados because of his epicness. Okay, aside from the obvious I love him for a few other reasons. Because of his anime apearences, my fanboy-ish dream to ride one(and pretty much all my other ridable pokemon) and because of a fan fic i'm reading(ts called The Quest for the Legends: dragonflycave.com for anyone interested).

Answer Current topic: Gyarados vs Milotic?
Okay it really boils down to their roles. Milotic is very bulky and Gyarados packs alot of power and both have great abillities to captilize on it. Gyarados wrecks with its stat boosts, and milotic has a frustrating amount of bulk(easily abusing marvel scale with RestTalk). Thing is, there are often times where milotic struggles to do its job very well(falls to Ferrothorn/Ferroseed). However Gyarados still manages to do what it does best without too much interference with to many of new and old pokes(being able to taunt Ferro is a nice plus) thus still being viable, but i must give Milotic kudos for not caring about hazards or status. So my vote belongs to Gyarados.

But I have a question. I was wondering if a gyarados was trying to rest or give somone a hug or something, are they able to coil up to do so, or no due to their armor plates?
Welcome to the Royal Blue Ocean! :3 :15:

You have good points, but Marvel Scale just makes Milotic WRECK almost anyone, especially if you give it a flame orb or one of those items. And just the fact that Milotic is one of the only 3 to have Marvel Scale makes her better. I don't usually face Ferrothorn with Milotic, but if I see a Ferrothorn I can always switch out. Although Gyarados is good, its no Milotic.

So for me, Milotic Wins

Milotic Vs. Gyarados

Spoiler:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Originally Posted by krazzikk
You have good points, but Marvel Scale just makes Milotic WRECK almost anyone, especially if you give it a flame orb or one of those items. And just the fact that Milotic is one of the only 3 to have Marvel Scale makes her better. I don't usually face Ferrothorn with Milotic, but if I see a Ferrothorn I can always switch out. Although Gyarados is good, its no Milotic.

^_^ Yea i see what ya did thar. Tbh i think it could go both ways in terms of effectiveness in battle. However...if it was directly Gyarados vs Milotic...Milotic would probobly win with scald burns, and marvel scale shenanigans. BUT, my aliegence still belongs to Gyarados! :P

Back