• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something that has always bugged you..

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
What's something that has, or still does, bug you? Is it hypocrites? Something you said a few years back? Something that the public does that gets on your nerves?

Elaborate and feel free to give a mini-rant too (but play nicely and abide by the rules, please!)

As for me, I just thought of something that may sound petty.. but it was back on one of the "America's Next Top Model" Cycles, where for one of the makeovers, Tyra Banks decided she wanted to give a girl a gap in her teeth.

I'm actually really enraged by that. That's not just a makeover, that is considered COSMETIC SURGERY. What the heck!! And then Tyra tries to vouch for "real women"? Oh come on, then she shouldn't pick a girl and then tell her she needs to go through cosmetic surgery to stay in the competition. Seriously. Cutting your hair is one thing, but this is a whole other matter. She might as well round up anyone tall and thin and give them all botox and boob-jobs!

Yeah. Your turn!

Years
I don't like it when girls wear those ballet shoes. It's slightly annoying and makes them look like fairies, ugh. Also when they wear these huge tops/jackets/sweaters and then these skimpy sandals. There's no balance in their look when they're thaat top heavy, it's super irking. Somebody needs to teach them the principles of design.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
The one thing that really grinds my gears would be if someone impersonates me or mocks my every word. It makes me want to strangle that person whenever they do that.

I mean, why would they do that??

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Okay, so when I go to spend the night at my friend's house I always end up sleeping in his bed because he loves his couch more than life itself. He never sleeps in his bed and he has really nice silk sheets so I don't let that opportunity slip. There are a few problems, though.

>He has no blankets. He only has one very thin sheet.
>It looks like there's a glowing tree outside his window because a street light hits a tree at a very weird angle.
>He hangs this freakin' poster on the ceiling above his bed and it's the creepiest thing to catch a glimpse of in the middle of the night.
tv-big-bang-theory-sheldon-bazinga-poster-TRrp1533_large.jpg

UltraPyrus

Wizu Wizu!
Years
People that don't type in correct grammar. Seriously, it really doesn't make you look smart at all. As a Grammar Nazi myself, I just can't take it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Someone talking to me like I'm too stupid to understand them, if they were to speak normally. I'm surprised by how much this happens to me. Also having people talk down to me- which has been happening pretty much my entire life, and really ticks me off.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
People that don't type in correct grammar. Seriously, it really doesn't make you look smart at all. As a Grammar Nazi myself, I just can't take it.
^
This, all the time.

Also, this is going back just over 2 years, to where I made a big romhacking project, where it was sleepless nights and working non-stop, only for it to get no votes at all and where it was beaten by absolute garbage (which was probably made in 5-10 minutes). I know this is a rant, but it feels as if it's burned into my head, and something I won't ever forget.

The other thing that bugs me is the fact that people talk to me and don't give me time to reply to them. I'm slow in the head, so just give me time.

Years
Something that can really bug me is when people use reflexive pronouns incorrectly, particularly the use of "myself" instead of "me." It always comes off as pretentious to myself me. Sort of the same with "amongst" instead of "among." I know that at least is grammatically okay, but

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Something little that has always bugged me is when the Australian media reports on disasters that happen overseas (such as the Boston Bombings or 9/11 or tsunamis etc) they feel the need to go out of their way to mention whether any Australians have been harmed or injured, as though it matters.

People are dead, what does it matter if they're Australian? Argh.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
- Young children with technology that is too excessive for them
- People that feel the need to inform me I don't look 20
- Black lipstick
- People that complain about how kids in Africa are suffering but only care about that when another tragedy is being reported and try to make one seem more important than the other
- Seto Kaiba

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
People who wear socks with sandals. It just looks ugly to me.My brother does it and at least he wears black ones to match his sandals but it still annoys me.

Little kids with cell phones too. Anyone under 13 shouldn't have a phone cause the only person they might really call is their parents. Actually just any little kid with technology they don't know how to use well. Like a laptop, why does a 8-year-old need a laptop? Just get a family computer.

How society thinks you must have a boyfriend/girlfriend as soon as possible. If you're 10 years old you shouldn't be concerned about dating. Any kind of affection or feeling at that point is usually just puppy love. At 10, all I cared/worried about was school, playing with friends and Pokemon. Wait until your in high school to be concerned about/start dating.

Lastly sagging. It looks awful and is just getting worse and worse every year. This trend has been going on since the 90s so it should of stopped by now. The trend needs to die soon.

Years
Justin Bieber
Ferrari can't get constructors championship since 2008 and Red Bull is almost always at the top, because they have "better technology" that is surprisingly accepted every time.
Magnets, how do they work?
Injustice in many places, many times.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

"People that don't type with correct grammar" is the grammatically correct way to say that. You don't type "in" anything. How ironic.

Anyway, I'm really bugged by people that are judgmental lately. Like the kind of people that look down on people that drink/smoke/sleep around/etc. My tolerance for people doing things that I wouldn't morally do has increased, but that means my tolerance for people that judge them for doing those things has drastically decreased, haha.

Years
My main thing would be girls who act dumb for attention. Like seriously it has never gotten anyone anywheere ever, please stop ruining my education and screwing up my Facebook feed.

Justin Bieber
Ferrari can't get constructors championship since 2008 and Red Bull is almost always at the top, because they have "better technology" that is surprisingly accepted every time.
Magnets, how do they work?
Injustice in many places, many times.

Ferrari not firing Stefano Domenicali at any point in the last few years will always make me question life.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
It fans my flames when someone asks me for advice and I give them straight forward advice like "then don't do that" or "move on" then they'd be all "that's too hard", then they'd ask for some other advice where they would "read between the lines"...why the hell would you read between the lines when the thing given to you is pretty straight forward.

Another thing that annoys me is when I tell someone gets all competitive, like this one time I told my friend that I wanted some cake and he went all "I just had cake yesterday..HA!!" then I told him "who cares if you had cake yesterday?" then he yelled "WHO THE **** CARES IF YOU WANT CAKE NOW?! I'M TIRED OF YOU ****"...yeah didn't know why he said that...must have been really good cake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
People that get my first name wrong, ok its not a common name, but would it kill people to at least try and pronounce it right, instead they chose to call me a similar name that is not mine in an attempt to call me a name they can pronounce more, it is seriously annoying. Learn how my name is said, if you dont know, ask me, I'll be happy to tell you how it's supposed to be pronounced, sorry but I am fed up and will no longer respond if you call me by a name that is not mine.

I also hate it when people make fun of my appearance, I look different than others, big deal. They should keep their thoughts to themselves because their comments about me hurt my feelings.

Back