• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VOTE: mobile app and/or mobile skins

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario

Banned
Years
So the Community has a chance to get a dedicated mobile app (iPhone/iPad and Android) for your use. We would likely charge, $1.99 USD for it to help recoup the app store costs.
edit: If things go right, we will offer two versions on each platform.. a paid for app with no ads and a free one with very annoying ads in it.

My question to all of you members is, what would you rather have?

A dedicated app?

a selection of mobile skins?

a combo of skins and an app? (i.e. both)

none/leave everything as is.

Years
I'd personally like a combination of both, but any mobile app would be nice, as long as it's financially feasible for us to do. $200 a month is kinda ehh, but I'm not too knowledgeable of what PC's yearly supporter revenue figure is. Again, whatever is most financially beneficial for PC.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Eh I would only make use of the app if it was available for iOS and Android. If the app was there I don't think I would use the mobile skin. I've been wanting something like this for a while (I think I made a thread about an iPhone skin a couple of years ago but it got shot down because it was made by an outside developer). We did have that .mobi mobile site for a while but I think the was just the wrong choice for PC.

Anyway...yes, an app would be amazing. I would even pay for it. $0.99 or something low cost like that.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Both obviously, but if not that then an app definitely sounds more appealing to me.

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
Both sounds like the more reasonable answer. And if we do get a dedicated app, it would be one of the few apps I would actually be willing to pay for.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I would buy the app. But both is the obvious choice. But I want an app more.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I know this might not count for very much, but I don't understand why we'd need an App. On my phone at least, PokéCommunity works perfectly fine (although the context bar is buggy) in the default browser. New skins would cost the community nothing, and would be a sort of free equivalent since in all honesty an app would more or less be a re-done version of the built-in browser, made for PokéCommunity.

Imo an app when you already have one, your mobile's built-in browser is just a bit redundant.

Although the majority seem to be against me here. Maybe I've misunderstood this or something. =/

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
More choice is always good. Perhaps you could integrate the skins into the app?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'd just go with the skin. :/ I don't want to pay to access PC and most mobile skins that I've seen on other forums work great. If there was an app, the only reason I'd get it is if it had notifications for when I got a VM/PM. Otherwise I just don't see it being worth even writing one.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
It'd be awesome if we could have both, since I'm not really in a position to pay for apps right now. XD; If the opportunity arose, then I'd buy the app, but a mobile skin wouldn't be so bad for those who can't really pay for apps.

FangedFreak

Ace Trainer
Years
Dont see the point.. if someone has the choice between using the internet on their phone and going on the forum... or paying to use the app

i know i'd rather use the internet :)

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
An app would be fantastic, especially with the whole push notifications thing - getting PM notifications straight to your phone would be good, plus having a dedicated app would speed up the whole process than just a 'one-size-fits-all' skin (which may work great on some phones and terribly on others). Having an app that I can check my VMs and PMs on would be brilliant. ^^

It also brings in the possibility of an offline mode, where say you could download a thread and read it once you're offline (if you don't have/can't afford 3G). Since it's $1.99 (that's about £1.20), it would definitely be worth paying for since I'd find it really useful.

However, it would be best to have both, since there are other mobile operating systems for mobiles other than iOS and Android (Windows CE springs to mind (or Windows Phone (or whatever they're calling it now))). So having a mobile skin for peeps on other OSes and those who just want a quick browse or don't want to use the app would be good - gives everyone a free choice then.

I say if you have an opportunity to get PC a dedicated app, DO IT. You might as well. :) And there may not be another opportunity.

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I think the real question the poll should be asking is: "Would you be willing to pay a small fee around $1 or $2 to offset the cost of a PC mobile application"

Years
omg omg omg
I would totally love to have a mobile app for android! but does it really cost to put something up on the market?
You do know you could just upload the .apk file somewhere.

Rukario

Banned
Years
Lightning: push notification is planned, but not avail on the intial release ver..

if things go right, we will offer two versions on each platform.. a paid for app with no ads and a free one with very annoying ads in it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I personally would prefer just an app. I know some might find more use in a mobile skin, but I would be more happy with an app.

Oh, would the iPod one be iPad compatible?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I personally would prefer just an app. I know some might find more use in a mobile skin, but I would be more happy with an app.

Oh, would the iPod one be iPad compatible?
All iPod/iPhone apps work on an iPad, it is just stretched to fit the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back