• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Would it matter to you if a hacking drive isn't going to be available for X&Y?

Does it bother you that AR has no 3DS hacking device yet for X&Y?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
So far, Action Replay hasn't made a way to hack into 3DS games.

Now that the 6th gen is going to be on the 3DS, does the lack of AR bother you?

Personally I do post-Elite Four wise. I like finishing the game legit and then start hacking like no tomorrow.

What about you people?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yeah, it really does bother me in a way, 'cause I won't be able to research the game and see how the game is developed and all that.

The Nintendo DS had Action Replay hacking the games since launch day of the Nintendo DS. Which was really handy for people who were curious of how the game worked and stuff and that are people who were hoping to one day become game developers of Nintendo DS games.

I remember the days when I used to use an Action Replay for Pokémon Diamond back in 2007 to get certain items early and stuff for the Nintendo DS Connection Tour '07 competition that I was going to be in. Which was indeed a competition at Chadstone Shopping Centre near Huesdale in Melbourne. I had to use the Action Replay to get the items that I needed really quickly before I actually entered the competition, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to enter.

I remember during that competition that many people had actually hacked their Pokémon as well, such as an exploding Magikarp, it's was hilarious. It makes me wonder why they didn't disqualify them. xD

But yeah, later in 2008 I started researching Pokémon Diamond in how it functioned and stuff, like it's 3D mapping structures and stuff like that. Which was back in the days when most of PC was indeed still only knew about sprite hacking and maybe a few polygon messing up, but that was it. But it wasn't until late 2011 that someone managed to create a 3D map exporter.

And now... we're in the present day where hacking Generation IV and V is almost completely possible. But... knowing that the Nintendo DS has been hackable since launch day, the Nintendo 3DS hasn't even been hacked, most people are wondering why it hasn't. Well, it's quite simple, none of the 3rd party corporations that haven't been authorized by Nintendo have managed to leak anything at all. Not even a CTR SDK, which every SDK is essential for companies developing applications that can be made as an application instead of a game, where as the Nitro SDK had been leaked since launch day of the Nintendo DS.

I'm guessing Nintendo has become more stricter with their guidelines on using Software Development Kits, and probably have many people monitoring them to make sure they never leak the Development Kit outside of the Game Development studio, hence that is why I believe that the SDK hasn't even been leaked yet at all. And it is quite a shock to everyone as well, knowing that in the past... companies used to leak information out to the general public about trade secrets of Nintendo and what things they're using for developing games, but I'm not sure if we'll ever be seeing anything like that anymore.

So yep, we'll all be forced to complete Pokémon X and Y without any handy tools for exploiting the games and being able to walk through walls anymore. Since walk through walls was very handy for researching the whole game itself and learn how it was developed. I don't want to be pessimistic or anything, but I doubt 3DS hacking (including Datel and it's Action Replay) would ever come into effect until probably 2016. Which is a very very very very very long time. D:

Oh well, what can we really do? :'(

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
That is no problem for me. I have never used cheats since i stopped in platinum and now in black2 I have gotten great things valid.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I'm glad that it doesn't.. Sometimes I can't help myself when it comes to hacking and it hampers the experience of the game. I am glad I won't be able to cheat on X & Y.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't use them, so it doesn't bother me. Maybe now I'll see less little kids hampering with their games to get all the good stuff and saying how they're the best and I won't have to seem so elitist anymore.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't care. I've never been or tried hacking into well anything, it ruins the fun of the games. I also don't have much of an interest in fan made games so there's that.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
There's already an Action Replay that supports being run in 3DS
It allows you to use DS and 3DS codes.
But no 3DS codes have been created yet to my knowledge.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm a straight up honest to Arceus kind of player. So the lack of AR won't bother me in the slightest. Actually, it'll be nice having not so many players being able to hack the games and take the easy way out or trade hacked Gen VI Pokémon away to unknowing traders.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
The only thing that bothers me about not hacking on the 3DS pokemon wise, is that i would be able to quick hatch eggs. but other than that, it doesn't bother me

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
This will make it difficult to trade since people won't be able to clone their Pokemon -- so things are going to get very interesting later this year. :P

Sazandora

bleh
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
I think it will be a good thing, but at the same time, it hinders competitive players who just don't have the time to EV train and breed for perfect IVs and natures.

But hey, they could throw a curve ball and completely redo the system of how EVs and IVs work I guess.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Uggggh. When people start messing with Pokemon cartridges, it just makes my skin cringe.
I'm glad that the Action Replay isn't available for the 3DS yet, thankfully.

As somebody who hatches their own eggs by walking, plans to take the time to actually EV train, gets event Pokemon at events, and essentially does everything the way everything is supposed to be done, I seriously do not understand why you would want to hack the Pokemon games for, unless you are either researching them or making your own non-profit Pokemon game for fun (which is mostly done with Generation I-III games).

It doesn't really affect me if they get the AR (or some other device, I don't know) to work with Pokemon X/Y, so in the end it doesn't matter, but I'd vastly prefer if these games stayed mostly hack-free for a while.

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I'm actually glad there isn't one. It will keep those nooby hacker players offline. In fact, they were the only reason I never went online for trades/battles. I hated the GTS because of the off chance someone would trade me a hacked version of whatever I wanted, and battling because of the players whose Pokemon would one-shot everything I have, even if I knew it wouldn't. (And Wondertombs)

The only reason anyone should want one is to research the data and see what bits and pieces make it up, not to help yourself and hurt everyone else.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Not really.

Usually I'm only interested in hacking games if it makes something unusual or funny happen. Besides I learnt my lesson after using an action reply on my pokemon ruby, it made my game freeze every time I tried to look through my bag.

Years
It wouldn't really bother me. All those warnings Nintendo put on their products kinda put me off the idea (even if it's just a scare-tactic, hahaha). I wouldn't want to risk breaking my console/game, since it'd be a while before I'd be able to replace either.

I used to use an Action Replay a lot for GBA, and a little bit for Pearl version, but since then I just never tried, I figured 'screw it, I won't risk it'. That's going to be the case for when I get Y version.
And if there isn't one, and that means that the GTS won't be full of noobs with ridiculous offers (even if it just cuts down on them), then I'll be glad!

Years
I wouldn't mind, especially since I never use Action Replays or Gamesharks.

I like to play fair and square.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Doesn't bother me that AR didn't put anything out because there will probably be a new GTS-abusing system like in 4th gen where you can make your Pokemon online and pick it up at the GTS. That's the only part of cheating that I care about, so I'll be satisfied.

Back