• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Caught all 649!!!! How far are you?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I have to say it's too darn hard to catch all the Pokémon legit because of the events, save for exploiting bugs and all. I have to say congratz, I know that feeling of having finished it. I would complete my Blue Pokédex soon, given I can catch any Pokémon due to a useful bug.

Years
I'd never have the time and dedication to complete the entire Pokédex, and if I did, then I would be a fool to do so. Maybe in the early games it was possible (I did complete my Gold Pokédex, but that took forever and my Gold's battery ran dry :(), but I think to this day & age, one would probably have to include playing Pokémon in a good chunk of their routine to fill up their Pokédex.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I've been completing the PokeDex since Platinum, and each time, it gets easier to get data for Pokemon from the previous gens, since I have to breed and level up less. As of Gen 5, I've managed to have at least one of every Pokemon in existence. Some of them may not be legit due to the GTS usage, though. I'll find out when I transfer them to Y Version using Pokemon Bank.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Congratulations. :)

I didn't try at all in Black/White to finish the pokedex... I might try in the sequel to XY, though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I think for this gen people should remember that we don't need to have seen a pokemon anymore in order to ask for it on the gts. So that means no more asking for people on forums to trade pokemon you haven't seen and aren't even able to see.

I think that will counteract the large amount of pokemon in the dex, you'll be able to breed a starter to get everything bar legendaries.

It may end up being easier than ever to complete the dex.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I've never completed the pokédex. Got pretty close to completing the Johto Pokédex in HeartGold though once.
I'm currently replaying all my games and doing a similar method to the OP - I've caught everything in Emerald bar Corsola and Miltank (will get them through HeartGold), caught every Sinnoh pokémon available in Diamond, am currently playing through LeafGreen and so far haven't missed the opportunity to capture a pokémon. I'll then continue with HeartGold. Not sure about Black - I'd have to delete a completed pokédex if I wanted to play it again.
I've been a little slack on the migration from Emerald though, haven't done it for a couple of days. Trading over from my old Platinum save to Diamond (where I'm storing them all, as it has the least replay value to me) is the most time-consuming thing though. Hatching eggs of the pokémon I evolved in Emerald and the like will also take a bit of time. Will be worth it though - I think between LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum and HeartGold I can actually get a "complete" pokédex (the in-game certificate) - and I have some legendaries such as Celebi, Mew, Arceus that mean I can get pretty close to the full 493 in Diamond.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2014
I'm increadibly close to finishing the Unova dex in my black 2 file and as of now I have 262 out of the 649. I just need a few of the white 2 exclusive pokemon, and then I have to level up pokemon so that they evolve and are registered in my pokedex. XD

I'm not looking forward to going through gen 4 or 3 though to get them all. x.x;

Years
I've reset my Black 2 recently, therefore 0/649... Before that I nearly completed the Unova Pokedex but I don't recall visiting Nature Sanctuary.

Back