• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Aeternal Asylum

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The Asylum
The Aeternal Underground Asylum is home to hundreds of psychiatric patients who are in the process of being cured or are going through rehabilitation so that one day, they might be able to leave the AUA and have a somewhat normal life. However, not everything that happens within the AUA is... well... it's not all legal, strictly speaking.

Over the years, certain patients have shown a number of signs - however inconsistent - of heightened neural activity. After members of the staff began to take note of these patients with a heightened state of awareness, the director of the asylum decided to finally dig into the research that he'd put off for so long. Thus began a series of inhumane tests and trials all designed to pull the supposed latent abilities from within the already insane patients. However, not everyone would go down without a fight.

In this game of mafia, you'll take up the roles of either staff, patient, or apparition. Within the game, a group of overly aggressive patients will take up the mantle of Mafia while the Staff will be the Town, and the Apparitions will be a Third Party.

Roles​
The Staff
The faction which consists of the Asylum's staff and a select few patients, also known as the town in this game:
The Pathologist
Spoiler:

The Nurse
Spoiler:

The Surgeon
Spoiler:

The Shrink
Spoiler:

The Psychic
Spoiler:

The Virgin
Spoiler:

The Telepath
Spoiler:

The Penguins
Spoiler:

Patients
The faction which consists of the patients against the new forms of 'rehabilitation' - also know as the mafia in this game:
The Whisperer
Spoiler:

The Poisoner
Spoiler:

The Yakuza
Spoiler:

The Hooker
Spoiler:

The Apparitions
The faction which consists of individuals with unique win conditions:
The Alien
Spoiler:

The Cyborg
Spoiler:

The Amnesiac

Spoiler:
Rules​
- Votes must be formatted as [verb] Player. Failure to do so may result in your vote not being counted.
- Missing two votes in a row will result in your removal from the game or your replacement.
- Do not share your PMs! Furthermore, all game related conversation should be kept to this thread.
- If you are dead, you are dead. You get one death post that may not contain any in-game information. After that you're barred from haunting the thread.
- Do not post in the thread during the night phase.
- Abstaining is allowed, but only on day 1.
- In the event of a tie for lynch votes, a coin toss will determine who dies.
- Send your night actions either by discord or by PM.
Players​
aeternum as the GM​
1. Nakuzami as ???
2. TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan as ???
3. L'belle as ???
4. purplecicada as ???
5. Desox as ???
6. Sparkin as ???
7. Newtsie as ???
8. Paranoia_ as ???
9. Bardothren as ???
10. Kitty as ???
11. Miah as ???
12. Forever as ???
13. XNaut as ???
14. BidoofFTW as ???
15. Kiyotaka Ishimaru as ???
16. Nyke as ???

Css credit to Sparkin​

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'd like to have at least 7 more players before we start. I'll be closing signups either on sunday or monday.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Signups are over. The role list has been edited to reflect the lack or participants. ill be sending out the roles tomorrow as well as starting the game at that time.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
By this point, everyone should have received a message regarding their role. If you've not received a message, please let me know so that I can send you one. I'll be writing up the phase post later today, but you may begin sending in night actions as of now. This first night phase will last 48 hours so that you may get situated and figure out how you want to start the game. However, every following night phase will only last 24 hours.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Night Zero
The Asylum was quiet. Or, well... as quiet as a mental institution could hope to get. There were no pitter patters of the feet of mice, nor could the hooting of owls be heard, but somewhere within its walls,
the sweatied feet of a small group of patients plopped against the ground as they moved through its corridors as stealthily as they could. The roaming patients were clearly up to no good, but with the asylum's staff busy with their experiments, their attention wasn't yet steadied on the small vigilante group.

One of the patients pressed his lips through the bars of another patients window and whispered, "Freedom!" The patient moved on to the next room and once more pressed his lips through the window's bars and whispered. "Freedom!"

Following behind the patient, was a member of the staff who had grown tired of the never-ending tests that she was forced to put her patients through. At one time, she had cared for each and every one of them, but as the days went on and more were lost to the director's twisted visions, her patience grew ever thinner. The pulled along her med cart and slipped the keys that came along with it into each of the patients' doors, pulling them open and freeing the prisoners.

"Freedom my friends! Freedom my brothers and sisters!" The man continued to whisper as he spun around and leapt across and down the hallway from room to room, waking the slumbering patients within each.

"Let it go..." one of the patients answered back, pulling his door closed after the nurse had only just opened it. "There's no freedom for us who can't even escape our own minds. Just let it go... one day, we'll all be free if we just follow the director's plans. Sure it sucks, but it's a lot better than being out there without the help that he can give us."

"Blasphemy. You've simply given up, my friend."

"Bah. I'm going back to bed. You do whatever you want to do, but I've got tests tomorrow and I need my sleep."

The whispering man's face grew red as he stamped his foot. "Why does nobody care? Nobody here even seems to mind the things that they're doing to us..."

"I understand." The nurse put her hand on the whispering man's back. "I understand, but there's nothing that we can do alone..."

"No... no, there is. We can reform this institution from the inside out. If they don't want to go free, then we'll just have to make the ones in charge let them. You have access to keys and to the med cart. All it takes is for you to give someone the wrong medicine a time to many. All it takes is one turn of the key and we can take out anyone in the building that we want to."

"You're... you're talking about killing the patients and the staff? That's... I didn't sign up for this..."

"But don't you see? It's like the addage 'an eye for an eye'. They've killed so many patients already without a care in the world. Isn't it only fair that me and you should be able to take out our pain and our anger on them?"

"If you're talking about taking out some of the rotten staff in this place, then I'm all for it."
An elderly asian man walked out from his room and pulled a knife from beneath his bed. "Bet you ain't ever seen this'n before, eh, Nursey? My grandson brought it to me one day. Slipped it right up my rump and snuck it on in. Nobody ever knew the difference."

A worried look grew across the nurse's face as she looked between the two men. If they were willing to go so far for their freedom, shouldn't she do just the same? She'd cared for these patients as if they were her own family and they'd been taken away from her, beaten on and tested upon as if they were no better than lab rats. "Fine. I'll help you boys."

"Don't forget me. I'm sure you'll find my special line of experience useful to you." A black woman who towered at least a foot over everyone else who had assembled walked out from her room. The woman had a full beard and massive sagging breasts which looked like someone had put bowling balls into a bra and strapped them to her chest. Which, to be realistic, is probably what they had done. "Honey, you just say the word and I can turn all the men and women in this building. Just give me an hour. Mmm."

The whispering man slowly looked back over to the other two who had joined in on his little band of vigilantes. "Well then, I guess that settles it. Since we're already here, we might as well start tonight, right? So... who'll it be?"

~24 Hours Remain​

Nobody has died... yet.

Rules​
- Votes must be formatted as [verb] Player. Failure to do so may result in your vote not being counted.
- Missing two votes in a row will result in your removal from the game or your replacement.
- Do not share your PMs! Furthermore, all game related conversation should be kept to this thread.
- If you are dead, you are dead. You get one death post that may not contain any in-game information. After that you're barred from haunting the thread.
Players​
aeternum as the GM​
1. Nakuzami as ???
3. L'belle as ???
4. purplecicada as ???
5. Desox as ???
6. Sparkin as ???
7. Newtsie as ???
8. Paranoia_ as ???
9. Bardothren as ???
10. Kitty as ???
11. Miah as ???
12. Forever as ???
13. XNaut as ???
14. BidoofFTW as ???
15. Kiyotaka Ishimaru as ???
16. Nyke as ???

Css credit to Sparkin​

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Day One
The troupe had disassembled. The Vengeful Poisoner Nurse had passed along the room keys to The Whisperer so that he and the rest of the group could carry out their nightly activities. The Nurse pushed her med cart down the hall until she ended up in front of a certain patient's room. The woman looked down at the note on her cart, written by the shaky hand of the whisperer.

'Room 257. You know what to do.'

The nurse looked down at her cart and then pulled out the patient's medicine and stared at it for several seconds before putting back on the cart and taking another patient's medicine. "I know what to do... I know what I have to do... just a little extra dose is all I have to give..."

The Poisoner popped open the lid of the medicine and poured out five pills into her hand; three more than the actual patient's regular dosage.

"Yo Cindy! Whatchu doin' girl? You know this ain't yo hall." A sassy black nurse made her way down the hallway with her own med cart. "I seen you had the wrong cart so I came to get yo attention. Guess I was just in time too. You almost gave Georgie the wrong meds. Coulda really messed the boy up y'know?"

The Poisoner lowered her head. "Oh! Thank you! I was just on my way back to switch the cart back actually. Just looked at the medicine in this bottle to make sure I wasn't imagining things myself."

The sassy black nurse laughed. "I feel ya girl. Being around these people all day really takes its toll on ya. Well, anyways, let's finish up these med passes and clock out. I feel like I ain't slept in ages."

The Poisoner nodded her head and swapped her cart with the other nurse's before running off down her actual hall.

On the other side of the asylum, the whisperer and his cohorts had found their target for the night. The patients slipped the key into the door and flung it open. What they were met with,
wasn't a patient, but something completely out of this world. Nakuzami the Alien had shed his human skin and was in the process of probing another of the patients.

"Uh, it's not what it looks like."

The whisperer and the hooker left the room, leaving the Yakuza to deal with the alien.

~48Hours Remain​

Nakuzami has died! They were The Alien!

Rules​
Players​
aeternum as the GM
1. Nakuzami as The Alien​
3. L'belle as ???
4. purplecicada as ???
5. Desox as ???
6. Sparkin as ???
7. Newtsie as ???
8. Paranoia_ as ???
9. Bardothren as ???
10. Kitty as ???