• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
General update.

In Black version I didn't do much... I'm training my team for the postgame. I'll quite possibly start the East Unova routes now because they're already quite strong. Current status:

Barbecue the Emboar L62
Cyanide the Scolipede L62
Pietra the Krookodile L62
Mikhail the Swanna L62
Tesla the Eelektross L62
Daenerys the Haxorus L62

Daenerys is currently my worst Pokémon but that should change once she learns Outrage and I get Earthquake.

In Black 2 I've done a lot of stuff...

Sasaki the Dewott L52
Faraday the Magnezone L51
Kerbero the Arcanine L51
Juliet the Roserade L51
Achilles the Heracross L51
Bones the Mandibuzz L51

I beat Skyla easily, with Kerbero killing Swoobat and Skarmory, and Faraday destroying Swanna. The routes after Mistralton are probably one of the most boring parts of the game, since it takes ages to get to Opelucid and, when you do get there, you still have to do Route 9 before fighting Drayden. Also, this part is where I had to grind to keep things easier to handle. First grinding session in Route 13 and, afterwards, the Breeder in Route 11 provides a nice sparring partner. This meant my Pokémon reached Drayden in their 50s and could handle the gym much better.

The gym itself is one of the interesting spots in Pokémon where you can have more trouble with the underlings than the leader. But this time, all went smooth. Against Drayden, I tried a different strategy. Kerbero was my trump card because of Outrage, but bringing him right away wasn't a good idea because Outrage could wear off before fighting Haxorus. So I decided to give Bones a chance. She handled Druddigon beautifully with STAB Foul Play, but fell to Flygon's Rock Slide. Anyway, her part was done, and Kerbero could come in and unleash Outrage for the win.

After I won, Team Plasma did their thing, Zinzolin got his ass handed to him again and Drayden lost the DNA Splicers to the Shadow Triad in a stupid move. I beat their remaining member and left to Undella, where Hugh called me, asking me to go to the newly-developed Humilau City. And this is where I am at.

Next time I'll beat the last gym, which should be very easy, and go after Team Plasma.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
NOTE: Changed Mandibuzz's name to Bones.

I did A LOT of stuff today.

Beat Marlon easily. Faraday beat Carracosta, and Juliet beat Wailord and Jellicent. After that I did the whole Team Plasma part, which accounted for about 3 hours of gameplay. I noticed something quite funny: it seems Hugh loves to yell at Team Plasma that they're about to feel his rage... In this second playthrough of the game, it really has dawned on me how Hugh is one dimensional. The ONLY thing he cares about is his sister's Purrloin. Purrloin (now Liepard) found, he loses all purpose. Cheren and Bianca were way better characters. You can't really ask much from a Pokémon game in terms of story and character development, but, after Black and White, the sequels were a disappointment. Colress is the only new character with some kind of personality.

Anyway, the fights against Zinzolin and the Shadow Triad went smoothly, so I went after Ghetsis. Black Kyurem was a joke, and it didn't help that he started to charge Freeze Shock when I attacked... Seriously, another thing that ticks me off are these legendary battles in the games. A legendary is supposed to be overwhelmingly powerful, not something I can kill with a run-of-the-mill Pokémon. Sure, Arcanine is powerful, but at L55 Kyurem went down way too easily, and Zekrom wasn't all that hard to kill in Black 1 either.

After that, came Ghetsis. Kerbero disposed of Cofagrigus pretty well, and Juliet owned Seismitoad. Ghetsis then sent Eelektross, which was severely damaged by Petal Dance but killed me with Acrobatics. Good thing that Poison Point activated, poisoning and killing Eelektross. I then sent Sasaki since it was the most "neutral" Pokémon I had, and Ghetsis countered with Drapion. The scorpion was easily defeated with Surf, and Hydreigon came out. He nearly killed Sasaki, but I healed myself and killed him with Megahorn. His final Pokémon was Toxicroak, which I killed with Bones.

After all that, and all the cutscenes that pushed the limits of the DS (but were piece of cake for my 3DS), I saved at the first hut of Route 23, with the team as follows:

Sasaki the Samurott L58
Faraday the Magnezone L57
Kerbero the Arcanine L58
Juliet the Roserade L56
Achilles the Heracross L56
Bones the Mandibuzz L56

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
July 29, 2013

I did some more training on Route 13, and I ran into a wild Solrock! I managed to catch this Pokémon with a lot less trouble than the ones I caught yesterday.

"Solrock, the Meteorite Pokémon. Solrock are rumored to be from the sun. Solar energy is the source of their power, so they are strong during the daytime. When they spin, their bodies give off light."

251. Solrock
Spr_5b_338.png

August 4, 2013

I was training both my Grimer in some double battles on an island on Route 13, and my Grimer evolved into a Muk!

"Muk, the Sludge Pokémon, and the evolved form of Grimer. Muk have bodies that contain toxic fluids that seep from their bodies. The fluid instantly kills plants and trees on contact when they pass by."

252. Muk
Spr_5b_089.png

Back at the Pokémon Center, I received a pleasant surprise. Though it's been months since my last one, I received a new medal towards the medal rally!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 81/107
New Medals:
Pass Power ↑↑↑

I then finally rotated my Pokémon. It's been long overdue. I took along my recently caught Lunatone and Solrock, and also had Lucario, Heracross, and Jolteon sent to me. Along with my shiny Grimer, it's time to explore more of Route 13!

We found another Hidden Grotto, had a rotation battle and a triple battle, and finally I reached a new location: Lacunosa Town! My Pokémon were pretty worn out, so I headed directly for the Pokémon Center. Bianca and Professor Juniper were there. While Nurse Joy was treating my Pokémon, I sat down to talk with them.

"I'm here to investigate a weather occurrence that I think is tied into an old legend," began the professor. "A long time ago, a large meteor came from the sky containing a terrifying monster. It is said that at night the monster would appear in town along with the cold winds and take away humans and Pokémon to eat them. Eventually, the residents of the town surrounded Lacunosa Town in a wall to keep the monster out and people were encouraged to stay in their homes at night."

"Is that why the streets are so empty right now?" asked Bianca.

"I think the residents follow the old customs whether or not they believe this old folktale," responded Professor Juniper.

"So a Pokémon that came from a rock, essentially," I summarized. "Could this just be a version of the legend of Reshiram and Zekrom, where the meteorite is just the Light Stone or the Dark Stone?"

"Until we look into more deeply, it would be hard to say anything about that." The professor pointed out the window. "The meteorite was said to have landed in the area now known as the Giant Chasm. Take into account that elements from the same era were found in Dragonspiral Tower, where Reshiram and Zekrom were, and it could be a piece of the puzzle."

"Drayden might know more about it," Bianca suggested. "Opelucid City isn't too far from here, we can always ask him."

After we talked a bit more, I took my Poké Balls from Nurse Joy, and went back to Route 13 for some training. I came upon a small group of wild Tangela, who were making their home among the trees with a large Tangrowth!

"Tangrowth, the Vine Pokémon, and the evolved form of Tangela. Tangrowth have arms made of plants that bind themselves to things. They regenerate quickly if cut."

I also ran into a wild Cobalion on the Route! I was surprised to see it, but was able to battle it with my Pokémon, and I caught it in an Ultra Ball.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
My summer classes are finally over so I can actually play again! ^__^ This week I have tried to make up all of the training time I have missed over the last few weeks.

I have trained and evolved too many Pokemon to go into detail but here is a list of latest trainees:

Klink
Magnemite
Panpour
Magby (Still need to evolve it into Magmotor)
Growlithe
Carracsota
Baltoy
Pansage
Mareep

I also traded with Curtis twice and got a Raltz and a Cranidos. I will train them later after I complete my Unova Dex. Right now I am also breeding some Eevees so I can train and evolve them since they are part of the Unova Dex. I am slowly getting there. I need to finish both my Unova and National Dex before X and Y come out... Challenge accepted!

BW2 Unova Dex

Seen: 297
Obtained: 257

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I'll do the Elite Four later on because I need a pause. But today went very smoothly.

I taught my team some HMs and decided to explore Route 23, clearing out all the trainers in the process. It wasn't very difficult at all, mostly because I'm a bit overleveled. My rule of thumb in Pokémon is to be at least 5 levels higher than the trainers in the area, but in this Black 2 it seems that it makes the game easy, because there's not a large difference between the levels of the regular trainers and the bosses.

Then I crossed Victory Road, which took a while. Victory Road requires all HMs except Dive, as well as Flash, so I had to teach my team some stuff I didn't want them to have, like Cut to Juliet. I didn't have any trouble with a particular trainer in the Victory Road either, and the puzzles were sort of easy. Notable trainers include a pair of Veterans who have the exclusive birds (Braviary, Mandibuzz) and both fossils (Archeops, Carracosta). They're quite fun to beat, but the problem was that I wanted to level Faraday and pairing him with something suitable proved to be difficult due to his Discharge attack, which hits all three Pokémon in Doubles. I decided to lead with Faraday and Bones. Bones used Fly and Faraday used Discharge, damaging Braviary and Mandibuzz significantly. Bones killed Braviary in the second turn of Fly, while Mandibuzz was later killed by another Discharge. Faraday then killed both Archeops and Carracosta.

After clearing Victory Road, I went to delete all the HMs in my team and leveled Bones to L63 so she learned Brave Bird. And now the final team to fight the Elite Four is the following:

Sasaki the Samurott L62: Surf/Aqua Jet/Megahorn/Ice Beam
Faraday the Magnezone L61: Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Flash Cannon/Thunder Wave
Kerbero the Arcanine L61: Flare Blitz/Outrage/Extremespeed/Crunch
Juliet the Roserade L61: Petal Dance/Shadow Ball/Leech Seed/Toxic
Achilles the Heracross L61: Megahorn/Close Combat/Rock Slide/Night Slash
Bones the Mandibuzz L63: Brave Bird/Foul Play/Bone Rush/Roost

Luckily they don't have any Electric Pokémon, since the only Ground-type move I have is Bone Rush on Bones, and chances are I won't send out Bones against an Electric-type Pokémon. I also have poor coverage against Fire Pokémon but the only significant one is Shauntal's Chandelure.

Elite Four time!

Shauntal was easy. Kerbero double Crunched Cofagrigus to victory. Golurk and Drifblim were killed by Bones, and Chandelure was OHKOed by Sasaki.

Grimsley nearly surprised me with his Liepard, who knows Aerial Ace. It did a number on Achilles, but didn't kill him, so Megahorn slaughtered Liepard. Grimsley got nervous and sent Bisharp, his ace, which I countered with Kerbero. Flare Blitz one-shotted him. Krookodile and Scrafty were killed by Juliet.

Caitlin opened with Musharna, and I killed her with Bones which took some hits. Unfortunately, Yawn made Bones fall asleep, incapacitating her. I switched to Faraday, who wrestled Reuniclus and defeated Sigilyph with ease. Finally, I sent Bones against Gothitelle. I decided to use Brave Bird instead of Foul Play, just to see how much it did (hint: not much) and she surprised me with Thunderbolt, which killed Bones despite her bulk. I finished her off with Kerbero.

Marshal was easier than I expected. I took down his Throh with Achilles' Close Combat. Against Mienshao, the obvious choice was Bones, who OHKOed him with Brave Bird. Then Marshal got serious and sent Conkeldurr. I let Bones stay. Bones used Brave Bird, significantly damaging Conkeldurr, while he countered with, to my surprise, Hammer Arm (doesn't he have Stone Edge or that's only in Black 1?). It did a lot of damage to Bones but didn't kill her, and the Rocky Helmet activated, damaging Conkeldurr a little. Another Brave Bird did the trick.

The final Pokémon in Marshal's team was Sawk. The first turn I used Roost and he again surprised me with Retaliate instead of a Rock move, which, due to Bones' Weak Armor and worn Defense, left her in the red once again, although there was the residual damage from Rocky Helmet. Switching wouldn't do any good, so I decided to go suicidal and use Brave Bird against him, which, due to Rocky Helmet damage, didn't activate Sturdy and killed Sawk. Bones died to recoil, but victory was ours.

Lastly... The little ***** Iris.

She opens with Hydreigon, and let me tell you, if you're unprepared and/or unlucky, it can take down one or more of your Pokémon quickly. I sent out Sasaki and trusted Ice Beam to do its job. Hydreigon was faster so his Dragon Pulse damaged Sasaki significantly, but Ice Beam was a critical hit! Hydreigon down, next in line was Lapras, which was disposed of by Faraday. Aggron came next, and was murdered by Achilles and his Close Combat. Archeops was taken down by Faraday.

Iris then said she had enough and decided to send her ace Haxorus. I countered with Kerbero, but unfortunately Outrage didn't kill him. He Dragon Danced and one-shotted Kerbero with Earthquake. Now what could I do at that point against a Haxorus that was faster and stronger than any of my Pokémon? Haxorus was worn down, but could still kill most of my Pokémon in a single hit. I trusted my instincts and sent out Bones, because it was really my only chance of surviving a hit. Interestingly, Haxorus used X-Scissor instead of a Dragon move, which did like nothing (well not really, but not great damage either, considering he had +1 Attack under his belt). The best move I could use was Foul Play, taking advantage of Haxorus' high boosted Attack, which I did, killing him.

Her last Pokémon was Druddigon. I kept Bones and damaged him with Foul Play, but Druddigon countered with Rock Slide and killed her. The match, however, was already won. Sasaki, my first Pokémon, closed the circle with a well-aimed Ice Beam to defeat Druddigon and allow me to claim victory!

Next thing will probably be the postgame of Black 1, since my Pokémon are already strong enough to do the East Unova routes.

My conclusion after finishing both games of Unova once again? Unova rocks. Especially Black 2. GF did a superb job with these games, even though they created some ridiculously OP stuff (ahem Excadrill) that made the old Pokémon look silly. But really, it was probably the best effort in creating a regional Pokédex ever since their very first games, because the regional Pokédex of BW1 features ONLY Unova Pokémon, and I believe it's completely possible (although hard) to finish the game with even weak Pokémon like Watchog. Try that with Bibarel in Platinum and you'll get murdered. Not a fan of the Hoenn and Sinnoh regional dexes. Hoenn had mostly Hoenn Pokémon (duh) but I always end up with the same team somehow, and back in the GBA times some of the good Pokémon were still heavily dependant on TMs, which I don't use unless renewable. In Sinnoh the situation is arguably worse, although Platinum has a fairly good regional dex.

Believe it or not, the game only got better over the years, and the latest is always the best, even with power creep, Excadrill, rain teams and whatever OP crap GF lets loose. Flareon's still crap, but it's better now than it ever was in RBY. I don't want to go back to the dark days of RBY ever again if possible.

Nickname origins...

- Barbecue: Look at Emboar. He's a flaming pig. Screams of steamy pork.
- Cyanide: The lethal poison so called.
- Pietra: Italian name, means "rocky" or something like that.
- Mikhail: Mikhail Baryshnikov the ballet dancer. Swanna is based on a ballerina, and mine was male.
- Tesla: Nikola Tesla, of course.
- Daenerys: Daenerys Targaryen from A Song of Ice and Fire, Stormborn, Mother of Dragons, Queen of the Andals and whatever else they call her.
- Sasaki: Sasaki Kojirou, the Assassin servant in Fate/Stay Night. He's a legendary Japanese warrior, wielder of the Fishing Pole or Monohoshizao, a larger than normal katana.
- Faraday: Michael Faraday.
- Kerbero: Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura
- Juliet: From Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare.
- Achilles: The Greek hero. I thought "Heracles" was more fitting but too mainstream.
- Bones: The lead character from the TV show "Bones". It's also a play on the fact Mandibuzz is covered in the bones of her victims. Earlier name was Victoria which had no real meaning but I thought sounded nice.

Last edited:
Years
Aug 13th:
So after resting for so many days, I started playing my Black version again from where I left off. Started roaming the city with the first building. Man I really liked the rotation of camera inside the building. Well after finding nothing important , I went out and went inside the other building. Got to the PokeCenter , healed my team, got those Balls from the guy on the top. Went inside the Tennis stadium but there was a match going so I came out and went towards that Basketball court. Sadly , there was only one trainer at that time . Ah well went outside again, did the usual roaming stuff and after thinly deeply that there is nothing left important any where except the Rollar Coaster or whatever that thing was, I encountered N there as you all know. Man the cut scene was amazing... Ok after answering against N's ideas, I did the remaining stuff. Also the Pokemon Musical feature did not caught my eye as I think it's too childish for me. Ah well entered Elesa's gym. Loved the idea and rollar coaster ride there and battling trainers of course. When I reached Elesa, saved my game and battled her. To be Honest, I faced very tough challenge from her one Emonga. As I had no Rock type in my team, I had to teach both my Bagon as well as Metang Rock Tomb, but that was not also very fruitful. Also her Zebsrika was a real pain ( Had to risk my Dewott using Dig at it). So after I think about 30-35 save states as well 15-25 resets , I finally managed to beat her.. Well how happy I was after that.. Well got out healed and prepared to go East towards Lostlorn Forest. Beated all those trainers available there. Saw the Zoroark illusion and went back to Nimbasa city again and this time after fully preparing head west at Route 5. Battled trainers there, encountered Alder of course which reminded me of Ash and Trip meeting him on the very place in the anime. When Elesa called Clay to lift that bridge and the after wards scenario also made me want to praise the Franchise more and more... Ah well went to Drifveil city battled and doing the events there. Man that Biker at the side of the Bazaar was tough specially as I was doing Rotation battle with him. I had no idea of it and after reseting almost 6 save states I managed to understand the rotation abttle and defeated him. Clay was very rude of course saying I had to clean up Plasma Grunts first before battling him. Got south from the city and went inside Cold Storage again an awesome place.. Finished the Plasma events there and head out. Prepared to meet Mr. Clay but what is this he was a big coward handing over Plasma sage back to Ghetsis... Ah well head inside the gym, the layout was again amazing... Finally reached Clay and defeated him on first try thanks to my Dewott and Servine. But still he was I think a bit under leveled... Got the Quake Badge and headed out to prepare for furthur journey ahead. Current team after the Clay event :
1195k3m.png

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I have been playing a lot lately and failing a lot too.

I started training my Happiny and doing everything I could to make it friendly toward me, thinking that friendliness was what made it evolve into Chansey. I trained and trained and then finally realized I needed an item for it to evolve. I got it in my head that you used a Lucky Egg to make it evolve because, you know, Chansey's have eggs. Fail. It still wouldn't evolve with the Lucky Egg so I finally decided to look it up and to my dismay, it needed an Oval Stone to evolve. Did I have one? No. And getting one in Black 2 would be very difficult because you can only get them in dust clouds. Fail. So I decided to come back to that later.

The next pokemon that was in my PC box was a Shelmet so I started training it. And training it and training. I was wondering yet again why it wasn't evolving. Then I remembered you had to trade it with a Karrablast to get it to evolve and I couldn't find my other DS. Fail. So I decided again to come back later.

I put those two aside and decided to train an Oshawott and Pawniard. I also did some breeding and got myself a Wynaut which I need for my National Dex.

After this, I finally redeemed myself of the other two fails. I checked my Black and saw that I had an Oval Stone. Next, I caught a Karrablast and had it hold the Oval Stone. Having found my other DS, I used the Karrablast to trade with myself. I traded my Shelmet to Black and the Karrablast to Black 2. They both evolved (hallelujah!). I put the Oval Stone in my bag. I decided to keep my new Accelgor in my Black 2, so instead of trading it back to Black, I traded over an extra Riolu. In return for it, I got back my newly evolved Escavalier. Next I gave the Oval Stone to my Happiny and it evolved right away. It evolved into Blissey soon after.

And so my fails were completed.

B2 Unova Dex

Seen: 298
Obtained: 264

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I have been playing a lot lately and failing a lot too.

I started training my Happiny and doing everything I could to make it friendly toward me, thinking that friendliness was what made it evolve into Chansey. I trained and trained and then finally realized I needed an item for it to evolve. I got it in my head that you used a Lucky Egg to make it evolve because, you know, Chansey's have eggs. Fail. It still wouldn't evolve with the Lucky Egg so I finally decided to look it up and to my dismay, it needed an Oval Stone to evolve. Did I have one? No. And getting one in Black 2 would be very difficult because you can only get them in dust clouds. Fail. So I decided to come back to that later.

The next pokemon that was in my PC box was a Shelmet so I started training it. And training it and training. I was wondering yet again why it wasn't evolving. Then I remembered you had to trade it with a Karrablast to get it to evolve and I couldn't find my other DS. Fail. So I decided again to come back later.

I put those two aside and decided to train an Oshawott and Pawniard. I also did some breeding and got myself a Wynaut which I need for my National Dex.

After this, I finally redeemed myself of the other two fails. I checked my Black and saw that I had an Oval Stone. Next, I caught a Karrablast and had it hold the Oval Stone. Having found my other DS, I used the Karrablast to trade with myself. I traded my Shelmet to Black and the Karrablast to Black 2. They both evolved (hallelujah!). I put the Oval Stone in my bag. I decided to keep my new Accelgor in my Black 2, so instead of trading it back to Black, I traded over an extra Riolu. In return for it, I got back my newly evolved Escavalier. Next I gave the Oval Stone to my Happiny and it evolved right away. It evolved into Blissey soon after.

And so my fails were completed.

B2 Unova Dex

Seen: 298
Obtained: 264

You have B2, what a shame... I would've liked to trade with you for some exclusives if you had W2, since your goal is the same as mine (to complete the Pokédex).

In my game I've done a lot of things. I caught most legendaries, got everyone to L74, but I'm bored of my in-game team so I'm breeding some stuff to replace them. Currently in the process of catching Dittos with the right natures to help make things easier.

The most relevant fights I did were the Colress and Striaton battles. I paired with Chili and concentrated on killing Cress while Chili took care of Cilan. The Colress battle went smooth. IMO it's one of the coolest battles in the game, because of his strategy, but it's also interesting in that his ace Pokémon, Klinklang, is actually a good deal weaker that a few of his other Pokémon, namely Metagross and Magnezone.

The way I do the B2W2 postgame: I prefer to go to all unvisited routes first, to unlock the remaining cities. IMO the priority is to reach Nuvema Town since Cedric will give you the Super Rod, making things easier. On the way, I catch Lati@s. The Colress battle might be a little difficult if you're underleveled (I wasn't, to my surprise, since I haven't been using the Lucky Egg in a while). In Route 18 there's a female Veteran with a Salamence that's quite difficult if you're unprepared, and also another one with a Tyranitar which will hurt a lot if you don't have a Pokémon strong against it. It's also where you get the Magma Stone, thus unlocking Heatran. In Wellspring Cave you find Veteran Shaun, the strongest redshirt trainer in the game. He opens with Gyarados and his roster includes Snorlax and Excadrill. He might be as hard as Cynthia actually.

I have a small project for B2W2: make a team consisting of each generation only. I'll also post my monotype teams later on and I plan on them having Pokémon from all five generations too. The generation-specific teams are, right now, the following (will need to trade for some of them):

Kanto: Arcanine/Starmie/Gengar/Machamp/Dragonite/Nidoking (or Jolteon)
Johto: Houndoom/Tyranitar/Heracross/Kingdra/Ampharos (or Espeon)/Crobat (or Skarmory)
Hoenn: Camerupt/Salamence/Absol/Walrein/still choosing the rest
Sinnoh: Magmortar/Gallade/Honchkrow/Roserade/Mamoswine (or Rhyperior) (or Garchomp)/Luxray
Unova: Volcarona/Hydreigon/Excadrill/Eelektross/Braviary/Mienshao (or Seismitoad)

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
August 5, 2013

I was walking around Lacunosa Town, happy to have a new place to explore in Unova. All of a sudden, I heard a commotion coming from around the corner. I saw Hugh and his Samurott, and it looked like he was battling Team Plasma! Samurott was being attacked by a Cryogonal and a Golbat, so I decided to even the odds!

"Heracross, I choose you!" I yelled. Cryogonal was using Light Screen to protect against Samurott's attacks. "Quick, use Brick Break!"

Brick Break smashed Cryogonal's Light Screen, and knocked it out of the air!

"Not you again!" yelled the Team Plasma member who recalled Cryogonal. This wasn't just any Plasma Grunt; it was Zinzolin, one of the Seven Sages! I haven't seen him since Driftveil City. He sent out another Pokémon to battle us.

"Whoa, that's a Sneasel!" I exclaimed as I pulled out my Pokédex.

"Sneasel, the Sharp Claw Pokémon. Sneasel are smart and sneaky Pokémon. They make opponents flinch by suddenly showing the claws hidden in their paws. A pair may work together to steal eggs by having one lure the parents away."

"Golbat, use Acrobatics!" While I was distracted, the super-effective move struck my Heracross.

"No! Heracross, return!" I recalled my knocked out Pokémon. "You did a great job. Jolteon, you're up next! Use Thunder Fang on Golbat!"

Thunder Fang struck and caused Golbat to faint. The Plasma Grunt called it back and sent out his other Pokémon, a Garbodor! Thankfully, Jolteon and Samurott worked well together, and easily defeated both the Sneasel and the Garbodor.

"How can this happen?" cried the grunt.

"It doesn't matter," Zinzolin said calmly. "Let's retreat for now. We must continue our search!"

Zinzolin and the Team Plasma Grunt ran off, and Hugh took off after them. I wonder what they're looking for.

August 6, 2013

I finished training the team on Route 12 to the east of Lacunosa Town, and then rotated my team. I sent five Pokémon to Professor Juniper and had Glaceon, Azumarill, Metang, and Magmar sent over to me.

August 10, 2013

I crossed the rest of Route 12 and finally reached a place called Village Bridge. It was a quiet village that apparently developed around and under a large bridge that connected eastern and northern Unova. I was walking around a bit when I saw a bunch of people gathered on the bridge. They were looking over the edge, into the water. Some of the villagers said that from time to time they can hear soft singing coming from under the bridge. Of course, that just made me curious enough to investigate.

In the river under the bridge, I found plenty of Basculin, as well as some Marill and Azumarill. Just when I was about to give up, I saw another Pokémon surfacing, much larger than the others. Who's that Pokémon? Is it a Wailmer, maybe? Once I got closer I saw what it was. A Lapras! I sent out my Metang immediately to battle it. Metang used Zen Headbutt on it to weaken it a bit. Then I learned where the singing came from. Lapras used Perish Song! Darn it! That changed things a bit, because Perish Song would make if faint in a matter of minutes! I had to move quickly, so I tossed a Great Ball. It shook once, but no luck, Lapras popped right back out. I want to weaken it more, but there's no time. Go, Great Ball, one more time! It shook, and I caught a Lapras!

"Lapras, the Transport Pokémon. Lapras love crossing the sea with people and Pokémon on their backs. They are very intelligent and are able to understand human speech."

253. Lapras
Spr_5b_131.png

August 11, 2013

Excited to have added Lapras to my team, I did a significant amount of training with them on Route 12. Since it was raining, Lapras and Azumarill got a boost to their water-type attacks. Lapras also knows a powerful ice-type move, Ice Beam, and so I'm considering that Lapras may help out if I challenge the nearby Opelucid City Gym again. Once I gave the team a thorough workout, I had them treated at the Pokémon Center in Lacunosa Town, and then sent most of my Pokémon back to Professor Juniper. I kept Grimer and Lapras with me, and then took the last four Pokémon for this rotation: Staryu, Crobat, Seviper, and Baltoy. I then continued onto Route 11 to do some exploring.

August 12, 2013

While I was training on Route 11, I ran into a wild Virizion that leaped from one of the cliffs! I remember catching one in the Pinwheel Forest; I guess one lives up here as well. I battled it, and easily caught it in an Ultra Ball.

Not long after that, my Baltoy evolved into Claydol!

"Claydol, the Clay Doll Pokémon, and the evolved form of Baltoy. Claydol came into being as ancient clay figurines made over 20,000 years ago, that came to life when exposed to a mysterious ray of light."

254. Claydol
Spr_5b_344.png

I was nearing the Village of Dragons outside of Opelucid City, when I ran into a wild Gligar! I had Seviper weaken it a bit with a few Night Slash attacks. Thankfully, it kept using U-Turn, so it wasn't doing much damage back to my Pokémon. A few Poké Balls later, and I caught!

255. Gligar
Spr_5b_207_m.png

August 13, 2013

I finally reached the Village of Dragons. At the Pokémon Center there, I sent my Lapras to Professor Juniper and kept my newly caught Gligar with me. I returned to Route 11 to train it and the rest of my Pokémon team.

August 17, 2013

I finished up training the current group of Pokémon, and then started to think about challenging the Opelucid City Gym. Grimer's Ice Punch will come in handy, but I'll need at least one more ice-type. I decided to go with Piloswine and its Icicle Spear. That leaves one more. Since the Opelucid Gym Leader will likely use a Hydriegon, I figure having some bug or fighting backup would help. Heracross or Pinsir would fit that role perfectly. It was a tough decision, but I decided to go with Pinsir. So I took those three Pokémon out to Route 9 to do some training to prepare for the gym. One of the trainers I battled had a Drapion with them.

"Drapion, the Ogre Scorp Pokémon, and the evolved form of Skorupi. Drapion possess a sturdy build and take pride in their strength. Even though they can tear foes apart, they finish them off with a powerful poison."

Once I explored all of the familiar Route 9 and Shopping Mall Nine, I returned to Opelucid City to rest up. Tomorrow I challenge the Opelucid City Gym for my seventh badge!

August 18, 2013

When I arrived at the Opelucid Gym, I battled the various trainers there for practice as usual. The different thing though, was there were trainers there who wanted to battle using triple battles and rotation battles! It was a cool way to give all three of my Pokémon training against dragon-types. Also, after the triple battle, my Piloswine started to evolve! With Mamoswine on my team, I feel I definitely have the power to win that badge.

"Mamoswine, the Twin Tusk Pokémon, and the evolved form of Piloswine. Mamoswine disappeared when the temperature rose at the end of the ice age. A frozen one was dug up from soil dating back 10,000 years."

256. Mamoswine
Spr_5b_473_m.png

Years
Aug 22nd:

Man it's been so many days since my last journal that is because I made a slow progress to play the game i-e Only 1 hour each day of Playing that is. OK now I am ready as I lean on my PC to write the adventures I made. OK started from after defeating Clay. Got out, laughed at Clay to loss TM Bulldoze and not handling it to me which was my right.. Got out healed my team. Strted preparing for journey from Route 6 I think... Heard that there will be Lv 29 Audino and even a rare Unfezant in the grass but all went wrong as no grass shook when I passed through it. Let's forget that now.. Battled all the trainers there collecting tid bids here and there. Reached the Lab and the lab people asked for a Deerling without even saying Hello. Man as the time was running in Winter season, I was cold and the route was dull with snow falling from the Sky.Ah I forgot, I kicked Bianca's ass when I was leaving Driftveil city. Poor girl ! Should had strong team but it was below avarage for me. Also my Bagon evolved at that time into Shelgon. Enough babling, I reached Chargestone cave. Man that web was looking beautiful but that Clay came and destroyed it. It looked like he found the Bulldoze TM who he gave to me and then he ran away back. I saved my progress there and stepped inside the cave. Man how cool was those rocks were. Ah well what's this ! the shadow triad came and dragged me to N. After listening to his boring speech I journeyed furthur which included battling the Trainers and collecting the items. Here comes Profesor Juniper and Bianca. Wow what's that a Lucky Egg ! Cool !. Adding the comfort hurray for two Nuggets each , Thank you very much. OK where are those grunts.. Here they are let's battle them all. And wow I am tired now... Done ! Kicked there asses and N came again. Wow nuzlocked team, cool. I win !!Got out of the cave and Cedric juniper came with Lady Skyla. Healed my team, got out to reach Celestal Tower of course but first let's grab some items here and there in the city. The airport was amazing so I reacheed Route 7, Walked on the ledge as well on the land to clean up all the mess. At last reached the tower. Went inside and the camera rotation took my interest again here. Ah well reached top, rang the bell and went back to the city to beat Skyla. At that point I was very worried about her team as all of them were flying types and I did not have any poke who could counter her. My only hope was my Shelgon who still had that move Rock Tomb thanks to Elesa's Emolga. But when I entered the gym the cannon design took away my worries for a while as I got boomed here and there with the cannon. Also thanks to that Lucky Egg my Shelgon and Metang became quite strong after beating gym trainers and I felt quite confident. Oh well finally Skyla came into sight and after hoping for the best and saving 2 savestates and one in game save I talked with her to battle. The battle was quite fun and let me tell you guys My shelgon single handidly got all of her three pokes alone. Wow ! which meant I defeated her on my first try. Oh well ! got the badge as well as TM and I saved again afterwards. Here was my team after Skyla:

2nlux02.png

OffRoadSP

Years
Opelucid Gym Challenge
Vs Drayden

It appears that this time I will be battling Drayden for the Legend Badge instead of Iris as I did two years ago.

"Iris has moved on to pursue larger goals," stated Drayden. "However I shall be happy to be your opponent."

"This gym battle will be a three on three battle," came the usual notice by the judge. "Only the challenger may substitute Pokémon. The gym battle will be over when all of either side's Pokémon are unable to battle."

"My first Pokémon will be my Druddigon!" Drayden cried as his first Pokémon took the field.

"Hm, Druddigon, your standard Unova dragon-type," I said calmly. "Pinsir, maximize!"

"An interesting choice," Drayden commented.

"Ok, Pinsir, let's see what that training did," I commanded. "Use Swords Dance to power up!"

Drayden stood there with his arms folded. "Druddigon, attack with Crunch!"

Druddigon connected with a fierce attack while Pinsir was building its attack.

"Hang in there, Pinsir! Now that it's lured in, strike back with X-Scissor!" With Druddigon so close, X-Scissor landed a blow for intense damage, having been powered by Swords Dance. Druddigon stumbled back, but when trying to regain its footing, it collapsed!

"Druddigon is no longer able to battle," yelled the judge. "Pinsir wins!"

"Not bad at all," Drayden said as he recalled his Pokémon. "This battle will prove to be interesting. Now for my next Pokémon. Go!"

Drayden's second Pokémon appeared on the field. It was a Pokémon I hadn't considered.

"Whoa, that's a Flygon!" I yelled in astonishment, as I pulled out my Pokédex.

"Flygon, the Mystic Pokémon, and the evolved form of Vibrava. Flygon whip up sandstorms with powerful flaps of their wings. They are known as 'The Desert Spirit' because they hide in these sandstorms."

"Well, I may not have prepared for a Flygon specifically, but since it is part ground-type my strategy will still work perfectly," I commented as I raised a Poké Ball. "Pinsir, return and take rest, you did excellent out there. Ok, Mamoswine, maximize!"

My newly evolved Pokémon took the field opposite Flygon.

"An ice-type, a typical choice for this gym." Drayden was still calm. "It has power, but can it match my Flygon's speed? Flygon, use Earth Power!"

Drayden's Flygon took to the air, and then dove down with blinding speed, smashing into the ground and sending waves on energy at Mamoswine.

"We can handle your speed all right," I retorted. "Mamoswine, use Icy Wind!"

A blast of ice fired at Flygon as it tried to take to the air again. "Now, finish it with Icicle Spear!"

"Whatever move you choose, it fills me with the heat of battle!" Drayden yelled. "Flygon, dodge that attack!"

Flygon tried to obey Drayden's command, but the ice that was forming on Flygon's wings was slowing it down. The spears of ice that Mamoswine launched all hit the bull's eye, and Flygon fell to the ground.

"Flygon is unable to battle," came the judge's call. "Mamoswine wins!"

"Great job, Mamoswine!" I recalled it to its Poké Ball. "This is going too well. I'm pretty confident we're going to win!"

"Well done, Flygon," Drayden's Pokémon disappeared from the field. "My blood burns with even more fire at this age! I've still got some fight in me! Go, Haxorus!"

"So it's your strongest Pokémon's turn," I smiled as I took out a Great Ball. "Now it's my partner's turn as well. Grimer, maximize!"

"Hm, that is not something I would have expected, but let's see what this battle brings!" Drayden seemed to be getting more into the battle now. "Haxorus, use Dragon Dance!"

"Powering up your attack and speed, huh?" I knew I couldn't waste any time. "Grimer, you know what to do. Use Ice Punch!"

This time it was the opposite of the battle with Pinsir and Druddigon. While Haxorus powered up, Grimer connected with an Ice Punch. It was super-effective!

"I see," Drayden observed, "Your Grimer knows Ice Punch. Spectacular! Haxorus, Dragon Dance again, and dodge those attacks as you move!"

"We don't care how fast you move!" I spoke with confidence. "Grimer, after it!"

Grimer's fluid body was able to keep up with the fast moving dragon Pokémon! It connected with another Ice Punch! Haxorus was beginning to weaken!

"Allow us to show you the dangers of getting that close to your opponent!" Now it was Drayden's turn to sound confident. "Haxorus, use Assurance!"

"Grimer, dodge it!" But it was no use; Grimer had left itself open from the last Ice Punch and was knocked back from a double Dragon Dance powered up attack. Grimer slammed against the opposite wall, and when it globbed down to the ground, it was still standing strong!

"My Grimer has great defenses!" I said that arrogantly, but underneath even I was surprised on how well Grimer took that attack. "Looks like your Haxorus is pretty worn out though, so Grimer, let's finish this with one last Ice Punch!"

"Haxorus, intercept it with Dragon Tail!" The two Pokémon launched at each other from opposite end of the field, their respective power building, until they collided in the center! The energy crackled, and then exploded! When the dust cleared, Grimer was standing, but as for Haxorus…

"Haxorus is unable to continue the battle!" The judge raised his arm in my direction. "All of the gym leader's Pokémon are unable to battle. Grimer wins the round and Steve is the winner of the gym match!"

"Gri-Gri-Griiiimer!" My Pokémon cried in excitement as it bobbed up and down.

"Great job, Grimer!" I congratulated my Pokémon. "You really showed off all our hard training over the last year. I'm proud of you!" (A side note here is that Grimer was awarded its 50th level as a result of this battle!)

Drayden was helping Haxorus up, and Grimer and I walked over to them.

"Wonderful!" Drayden exclaimed. "I'm grateful we had this chance to battle. It reminded me that Pokémon battles are about working with others to meet our challenges together. Please accept this Legend Badge!"

And so, badge number seven from my second run through Unova! Only one more to go!

Legend_Badge.png

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Here are the bioweapons I'm gonna use to clear the Black Tower:

Yamatano the Hydreigon L72
Wildfire the Chandelure L70
Diggory the Excadrill L70
Nikola the Eelektross L70
Tempest the Braviary L70
Blackthorn the Scolipede L70

Even with an AR, building a team takes some time. These guys took about an hour or two. For all intents and purposes, the old team is retired and will be used as breeding fodder.

I've caught all legendaries except for the musketeers and lake trio. I decided to kill the musketeers and revive them by beating the E4, so that they come at a higher level. The captures went smooth, but I was disappointed with the N battle. All he has is Zekrom. It was almost too easy.

I also beat Cynthia. Garchomp was a pain in the ass, but Sasaki's Ice Beam killed it in a single shot so all is good. Cynthia is a *****, though, because she loves Pokémon with no weaknesses, and teaches them Double Team to add insult to injury. If Faraday couldn't kill Spiritomb in two hits, I'd be screwed.

There's still some stuff left to do in the main game. I wanted to cheat later but I was bored of my old guys and their EVs, IVs, etc. were less than ideal. Once XY come out, I hope Datel get their act together and release an AR for the 3DS, or maybe the guys at ProjectPokémon come up with something cool. Because playing Pokémon without hacking capabilities, as I explained in another thread, isn't very fun. You get a Pokémon with **** IVs like the Jellicent I had in an old playthrough, or my glorious Eelektross with 0 Speed IVs and a Speed hindering Nature, and things become ugly.

OffRoadSP

Years
August 19, 2013

Dream World 2: Numel, gained a level. Found nothing new.

Professor Fennel said that her current research with the Dream Mist and the Dream World is starting to wind down, so I'll only be able to access the Dream World with my Pokémon for a short while longer. That said, I am going to focus on finding the remaining Pokémon that I'd like to catch. I hope to at least complete my White Entralink, as I only need 6 more Pokémon there.

After retrieving my three Pokémon that battled at the gym yesterday from Nurse Joy, I congratulated them one more time, then sent Pinsir and Mamoswine to Professor Juniper. It's time for one final rotation of all the Pokémon I caught in my second Unova journey. I selected Sunflora, Skitty, Roselia, Skorupi, and Remoraid. Time to train them one last time and help them evolve… wait. Something occurred to me suddenly. Thankfully I realized I was about to make a grave mistake. I contacted the professor and switched out Skorupi for my Mantyke. Have to make sure I do things in the correct order!

August 20, 2013

Dream World: Stoutland. Found: nothing new; female Psyduck with the ability Swift Swim.
Dream World 2: Spoink. Found: Duosion that knows the move Trick.

I was in a double battle with my Mantyke and Remoraid. We were battling a duo of Ducklett. My Remoraid leapt out of the water and attached to Mantyke's wing, and Mantyke started to evolve! After it finished becoming a Mantine, Remoraid detached from its wing, and also started to evolve as it hit the water. It's now Octillery!

"Mantine, the Kite Pokémon, and the evolved form of Mantyke. Mantine elegantly swim in the sea. If they build up enough speed swimming, they can fly over 300 feet out of the water from the surface of the ocean. Remoraid tend to cling to their fins seeking food scraps."

"Octillery, the Jet Pokémon, and the evolved form of Remoraid. Octillery love to lurk inside holes in rocks. They sometimes spray ink on prey by sticking out only their mouths before attacking."

257. Mantine
Spr_5b_226.png

258. Octillery
Spr_5b_224_m.png

August 22, 2013

Dream World: Simisage. Found: nothing new; female Makuhita with the ability Sheer Force.

August 23, 2013

Dream World 2: Drifblim. Found: female Emolga with the ability Motor Drive.

August 24, 2013

Dream World: Simisear. Found: nothing new; female Mantine with the ability Water Veil.
Dream World 2: Shuppet. Found: female Duosion with the ability Regenerator.

I was training the team around Undella Town. It was a beautiful day; clear skies, no humidity, nice and warm with a gentle breeze (really, that's the weather today)! I decided it was time to offer a certain two Pokémon the option to evolve. I laid a Moon Stone and a Shiny Stone on the ground. My Skitty and my Roselia eagerly touched the respective stones, and both evolved! I already saw a Delcatty back in Castelia City, but my Roserade is the first I've seen in Unova, so I scanned it with my Pokédex.

"Roserade, the Bouquet Pokémon, and the evolved form of Roselia. Roserade use poison whips on their arms to poison, bind, and finish off prey that they lure with a sweet scent. Each of their hands contains different toxins, but both hands can jab with near-fatal power."

259. Delcatty
Spr_5b_301.png

260. Roserade
Spr_5b_407_m.png

August 30, 2013

One of my good friends just recently became a Pokémon trainer, and started his journey in Unova. I helped teach him the ropes by having a few Pokémon battles with him. At the end of the day, I was awarded with a new medal towards the Medal Rally!

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 82/107
New Medals:
Link Battle Amateur

August 31, 2013

Dream World: Zebstrika. Found: nothing new; a female Girafarig with the ability Sap Sipper.
Dream World 2: Wingull. Found: Emolga that knows Air Slash.

September 1, 2013

Dream World: Audino. Found: nothing new; Togepi that can use the move Lucky Chant.
Dream World 2: Lunatone. Found: nothing new.

I took my current team of Pokémon out for one last round of training this morning, and then said my good-byes. They all worked really hard, but it is now time for Sunflora, Delcatty, Roserade, Mantine, and Octillery to be retired. I sent them to Professor Juniper, and asked her to send the next set of five Pokémon to me. This time, it was Ampharos, Lopunny, Vespiquen, Skorupi, and Staryu.

I went to talk to Drayden about Team Plasma and what they might possibly be after. He said he had some thoughts, and told me a bit about the legends of Unova.

"It was two years ago when the two dragon Pokémon were awakened," began Drayden. "The white dragon Pokémon, Reshiram, sought what is true, with the desire to usher in a new world of goodness. And the black dragon Pokémon, Zekrom, pursued what is ideal, with the desire to usher in a new world of hope. Reshiram and Zekrom were once a single Pokémon."

"Ok, this much I remember from last time," I said.

"Yes, but let me explain why it split into two," the gym leader continued. "The single dragon Pokémon had helped the twin heroes bring a new region into being. But the twin heroes--the younger brother who sought ideals and the older brother who sought the truth--sundered the region in two as they fought to see which of them was right. In that desperate hour, the single dragon Pokémon split its body into a white Pokémon and a black Pokémon, even though ideals and truth don't need to be in opposition!"

Drayden paused a moment, and appeared deep in thought. I didn't verbalize it, but so far I remember that part of the story too.

Drayden finally spoke. "As the story goes, a third dragon Pokémon, Kyurem, also came into existence in that era."

My eyes widened. "Another legendary dragon Pokémon?"

"Yes," Drayden replied. "And there may be proof of this to be found in a treasure passed down in my family for generations: the DNA Splicers. Professor Juniper's research determined that the materials in the splicers date back to the same era as the materials used in building the Dragonspiral Tower."

"So is that what Team Plasma is after?" I asked. "Where is this relic now?"

"Oh, the DNA Splicers are stored very safely. I guard them because I don't know what kind of power might lie within them. But here's what's been bothering me… Could there be one more dragon Pokémon? Even if Kyurem really exists, we don't know what kind of Pokémon it is. For starters, the two Pokémon the ancient Pokémon split into are both overwhelmingly powerful. So if Kyurem exists, could it be just a husk, nothing but a shell that was left over?"

"So this ties into the legend I heard back in Lacunosa Town," I added. "Interesting."

Suddenly, we heard an explosion coming from outside! We ran out to see what the commotion was. Once outside, we looked up and saw a huge airship firing chucks of ice at Opelucid City. As they hit, large sections of the street and surrounding buildings froze in pillars of ice. The city was being encased in ice!

"We must stop this!" yelled Drayden. "Go, Haxorus! Use Dragon Tail to smash those ice pillars!"

Drayden's powerful Pokémon began beating on the ice.

"Let's help out, Grimer!" My Pokémon jumped towards a section of the ice. "Break it with Ice Punch!"

Grimer struck the ice, but it didn't even crack it.

"That's some strong ice!" I pulled out a Poké Ball and a Dream Ball. "Well, rock-type and steel-type moves are strong against ice, so go, Ampharos and Staryu! Use Power Gem and Gyro Ball!"

My Pokémon continued to attack, but the result was the same.

"I don't think that is going to work," came a familiar voice. Drayden and I looked over in the direction of the voice.

"Zinzolin!" I exclaimed.

"I remember you from N's castle two years ago," added Drayden.

Zinzolin appeared from the ice surrounded by Team Plasma grunts. He shivered as he addressed us. "It's bitter cold. I'm suffering, but I'm alive! It's what the essence of life feels like! It's proof of my existence! But that's enough of philosophy. Here are the facts for your admiration: This ice was specially created by Team Plasma's technology. As long as we have our secret weapon, you'll never be able to melt or break this ice!"

"Secret weapon?" My Pokémon surrounded me a though to protect me as I spoke.

Zinzolin seemed to ignore me. "Let me explain our purpose here. Drayden, hand over the DNA Splicers! Opelucid City is a city where the past and the future are entwined. Could there be a more perfect place for the splicers that connect the separated Pokémon?"

"If I had what you speak of, I wouldn't dare hand them over to you!" Drayden spoke as he stood his ground with Haxorus by his side.

"That's what I thought you'd say," Zinzolin replied. "At this point, I'd like to threaten you with another volley of ice, but we can't use it for a moment. My fellow Plasma members will search this city for them then."

"Foul villains!" Drayden yelled. Then he turned to me. "Steve, help me drive them from this city!"

"With pleasure!" I said as I sent out the rest of my Pokémon. We battled as many Team Plasma grunts as we could find. As we defeated them, they ran back to their ship. Finally, I came face to face with Zinzolin in front of the gym.

"Apparently you don't remember the lesson I taught you back in Lacunosa Town!" I sounded arrogant, but my Pokémon were getting pretty worn out from all the other battles.

And so we battled. It was not easy. He had an extra Cryogonal with him this time. And for his final Pokémon… aw, nuts, his Sneasel evolved!

"Weavile, the Sharp Claw Pokémon, and the evolved form of Sneasel. Weavile communicate by clawing signs into boulders and work together to surround enemies. Evolution made them even more devious."

Still, we were able to eventually drive off Team Plasma. They seemed to retreat to their Plasma Frigate and they took off. Once they were gone, Drayden rushed to the Opelucid Gym. When he emerged, he was holding a strange item.

"These are the DNA Splicers!" Drayden explained. "This is what they were after! We're really fortunate Team Plasma didn't get their hands on them! I don't know what their goal is, but I'm sure they're planning something wicked."

The surprises weren't over yet. Out of the shadows appeared the Shadow Triad! They snatched the DNA Splicers and disappeared back into the shadows. Drayden and I pursued them. I caught up with one of the triad, and battled him. Unfortunately, he did not have the DNA Splicers, and actually admitted that he was a diversion while the others got away.

Drayden and I were left unsure what to do. Just then, Cheren showed up out of the blue. He said that there is an area to the east that is experiencing extreme cold. He said that Hugh was already there investigating, and I said I would go and join him. Drayden said to head for Humilau City, which can be reached by taking the Marine Tube from Undella Town.

So, after letting my Pokémon recover at the Pokémon Center, I left Opelucid City and crossed Village Bridge, returning to Undella Town. The Marine Tube was awesome! This underwater tube was like a giant aquarium. I watched as Basculin and Frillish swam all around me as I walked through the tube. Eventually, I finally reached my destination, Humilau City. It was late by this point, so I stopped at the Pokémon Center to get some sleep for the night.

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
September 2, 2013

Dream World: Conkeldurr. Found: nothing new; Castform that knows Ominous Wind.
Dream World 2: Solrock. Found: female Pawniard with the ability Pressure.

I got to relax a bit on a lazy Labor Day, and got to explore Humilau City a bit. And interesting city that reminds me somewhat of Pacifidlog Town from back in Hoenn, the buildings are built on platforms over the water. The spirit of the city is very much like what I experienced when I was in Hawaii. Or, at least that's the only place I ever heard the expression "shoots" used the way they use it. I was noticing the wild Pokémon that was found in the water under the city, and I saw Corsola among the other Unova Pokémon! It took a little bit of time and patience, but I was able to finally find was that I managed to catch.

"Corsola, the Coral Pokémon. Corsola live in the clean seas of the south. They apparently can't live in polluted water, as their coral branches lose their color and deteriorate in dirty water."

261. Corsola
Spr_5b_222.png

Corsola got sent to the professor since I already had six Pokémon. I did also run into Hugh, who said he was planning on challenging the Pokémon gym here in the city. I decided I would do the same, so time to do some training so I can win my final badge. Even better, is that it's a gym that I did not challenge on my first journey through Unova!

September 3, 2013

I decided to do some training just to the west of Humilau City, which opens onto Route 22. It's exciting that even after two years there are still new areas for me to explore in Unova! The first Pokémon trainer I met on the route challenged me to a battle that was quite ironic. The two Pokémon he used were Starmie and Drapion, which was the evolved form of the two Pokémon I chose to battle with. It showed me that I still have a lot of training to do. However, meeting its evolved form must have inspired it, because not long after that, my Skorupi evolved into a Drapion!

262. Drapion
Spr_5b_452.png

My team was battling many wild Pokémon, and eventually I came across an unexpected surprise. I found a Pokémon that I don't think I've ever caught before. It was a wild Delibird! I couldn't pass up this opportunity, so I weakened it quickly, and managed to catch it after tossing a few Poké Balls. I really don't think I caught one before; maybe back when I travelled in the Orre Region, but even then I'm not 100% sure. Pretty cool either way!

"Delibird, the Delivery Pokémon. Delibird carry food rolled up in their tails all day long. When someone is lost in the mountains, they share that food."

263. Delibird
Spr_5b_225.png

Delibird was sent to storage for the moment. I continued training the rest of my team. Hugh won his battle against Gym Leader Marlon. I want to challenge the gym by the end of this week!

September 4, 2013

Dream World: Throh. Found: nothing new; female Beedrill with the ability Sniper.
Dream World 2: Absol. Found: nothing new.

Years
White 2

My name is Alex White and I've just started my pokemon journey with Snivy.
After being tutored by everyone, catching every wild pokemon, training with Alder I decided to take on Cheren an old friend of my older cousin Hillary White. Me and my team proceeded to storm through Cheren's gym. Azurill took down the gym trainers leaving Flaffy to beat Patrat and Servine versus Lillpup. Thundershock and Grass Mixer was all I needed to take down Cheren. Caught a shiny Riolu when I heard it was at the ranch I've already visited and now, me and my rival Huey are training in the dark grass before we meet the Virbank gym leader.

496.png
Level 19
180.png
Level 17
298.png
Level 15
447.png
Level 17
506.png
Pick Up Slave

OffRoadSP

Years
Nice luck there on the shiny Riolu, Pochama95! I, too, had a story I was saving for its own post...

September 5, 2013

Dream World: Sawk. Found: nothing new; female Ledyba with the ability Rattled.
Dream World 2: Tangela. Found: nothing new.

I'm traveling for work this week, so I'm in Kansas City. I'm excited because I've never been to Missouri, so this is another state I can check off my bucket list. After work, I did a significant amount of training with my team on Route 22 before heading to dinner. Why did I mention all that? Here's why.

10:10pm (Kansas City time)

I just got back to the hotel room after taking a drive to the state of Kansas for dinner with my friend who is also out here with me for work. I decided some Pokémon training was in order before going to sleep. So I rounded up my Pokémon and left for Route 22. The very first wild Pokémon encounter I had was a double battle between a little Mienfoo and a green-wing tipped Pelipper.

!!!!!

Holy Poké Balls!! It's a shiny Pelipper! I sent out Vespiquen and Staryu. First order of business: I have to get rid of that Mienfoo.

"Quick, Vespiquen, use Air Slash!" I commanded. One Air Slash later and it was just me, my Pokémon, and a special Pelipper hovering near us. I didn't want to even risk attacking it, so I tossed a Poké Ball.

"Poké Ball, go!" It rocked three times… but no luck! That was so close! I tried again; the ball rocked three times, and I thought I had it, but then out it popped again! It's taunting me, but I'm not giving up.

"Staryu, don't let it get away!" I screamed as my Staryu blocked the Pokémon from flying off. The third Poké Ball attempt failed completely, as Pelipper popped right out, and attacked with Brine!

"Staryu, block that attack!" Being a water-type, Staryu was able to absorb the attack with minimal damage.

"Great job! Now, come on, Poké Ball, let's make this one count!" The Poké Ball absorbed Pelipper, fell to the ground, rocked three times, and then… clicked!

Welcome to the family, my shiny new Pelipper!!

264. Pelipper
Spr_5b_279_s.png

I did one last thing before turning in for the night. Back at the Pokémon Center in Humilau City, I rewarded my Staryu for helping me catch Pelipper. I gave a Water Stone to Staryu, and it evolved into Starmie!

265. Starmie
Spr_5b_121.png

I gave my six Pokémon to Nurse Joy to treat, and sent Pelipper to Professor Juniper to take a look at. While I was talking to her, she told me about another new Pokémon to make its habitat in Southeastern Unova. She said while she was doing some research in Pinwheel Forest, she came upon some wild Yanma.

"About a year ago there was a report of a swarm of Yanma on Route 14 near Undella Town," Juniper explained. "But they haven't been seen that far north since. Apparently, they've migrated south and now make their home among the trees of Pinwheel Forest and Route 3."

"So, let me guess…" I started.

"Yes," she stated. "Doctor Fennel and her Musharna were walking with me along Route 3, and the Musharna used some of its Dream Mist on one of the Yanma that startled us. So you might want to look for it the next time you're in the Dream World!"

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
September 6, 2013

Dream World: Leavanny. Found: Chansey that can use Counter; female Pachirisu with the ability Volt Absorb. Only three Pokémon left to find in the Dream Park!
Dream World 2: Gligar. Found: Yanma that know Quick Attack. So this is the Yanma that Professor Juniper found on Route 3! I'll have to stop by the Entralink later to catch it.

So this afternoon, I decided to train at the Humilau Gym for my upcoming gym battle. The problem with a water-type gym is that there are so many water Pokémon that the gym leader might use, especially being that many water-type species make their home in this northeastern corner of Unova. It makes it hard to devise a strategy and to choose which Pokémon to train for the battle. So I decided to go in with all six of my Pokémon and decide later who will face Marlon.

I battled several trainers in the gym, and boy my fears were right. These folks all had high-level, fully evolved water-type Pokémon in their arsenals, including a few I had yet to see in Unova!

"Walrein, the Ice Break Pokémon, and the evolved form of Sealeo. Walrein shatter ice with their large, prized tusks. Not only does their thick blubber keep them warm, it also protects them from attacks."

"Wailord, the Float Whale Pokémon, and the evolved form of Wailmer. Wailord are the biggest of all Pokémon known currently. They can dive to a depth of almost 10,000 feet on only one breath. They can sometimes knock out opponents with the shock created by breaching and crashing its big body onto water."

After spending a large amount of time battling against all the different Pokémon, I headed back to the Pokémon Center to decide which three Pokémon were coming with me to challenge Marlon.

September 7, 2013

Dream World: Scolipede. Found: Plusle that knows Signal Beam; female Eevee with the ability Anticipation. Finding Plusle leaves only two more Pokémon left to find in the Dream Park, and four more to find in the Dream World overall!

I decided to go into the gym with Vespiquen, Starmie, and Grimer. They have a good mix of types that will hopefully allow me to handle whatever Marlon uses to battle me with!

Humilau Gym Challenge
Vs Marlon

I entered the Pokémon gym, but the Gym Leader was nowhere to be found. I sat down on the battlefield, figuring I would wait a bit. Suddenly, he leaped out of the water near the battlefield.

"Sup!" Marlon called over to me. "Here already, huh?"

"Hi, Marlon!" I introduced myself. "My name is Steve, and I'd like to challenge you for a gym badge!"

"I was just swimmin' with my Pokémon, but I'm ready for a battle with a strong trainer!" Marlon explained. "Shoots! Let's start!"

One of the Ace Trainers took position in the judge's area. "This official gym battle between Steve, the challenger, and Marlon, the Gym Leader, will now begin! Each side will use three Pokémon, and the battle will be over when all three of one side's Pokémon are unable to continue. Only the challenger may substitute Pokémon."

"This water field is going to be tricky," I observed. "So I'm going to start with someone who can fly over it! Vespiquen, maximize!"

"Awesome choice, dude!" Marlon sent out his first Pokémon. "Carracosta, hang loose!"

"A Carracosta??" This isn't good; I'm not sure is any of my Pokémon can handle this evolved prehistoric Pokémon. But it wasn't going to stop me from trying. "Ok, Vespiquen, use Attack Order!"

A swarm of bees descended on Carracosta.

"Carracosta, deflect it with Smack Down!" Marlon gave his first command. A large rock swatted away the bees and then crashed into Vespiquen, causing massive damage! It fell from the air onto the water, struggling to fly back up.

"No, Vespiquen!" I should have known better; rock-type attacks are super-effective against both bug and flying-types. "Vespiquen, return for now! Thank you, take a rest for now."

"Dude, you gotta get more into this!" Marlon yelled over.

"I plan on it!" I responded. "Grimer, you're up, maximize!"

"Whoa, cool color on the Grimer, man!" Marlon complimented. "Still, I'm not goin' easy on it. Carracosta, use Smack Down again!"

The Smack Down hit Grimer and caught it off guard.

"Now, quick, follow it up using Crunch!" Carracosta landed a strong Crunch attack, lowering Grimer's defense significantly!

"Gimer, get out of there!" I cried. "Use Dig!"

Grimer ducked out of Carracosta's grip and dug under the platform Carracosta was on.

"You shouldn't give us a break like that," said Marlon. "Carracosta, use Shell Smash!"

Great. That's going to increase its attack at the cost of some defense. Maybe I can use that as an opening though. Grimer came bursting out of the battlefield and struck Carracosta. The attack did massive damage, but Carracosta was still standing!

"Quick, while its defense is down, use Gunk Shot!" I yelled.

"Carracosta, intercept that with Crunch." Marlon sounded way to calm. I'm making this too easy for him!

Grimer connected with Gunk Shot, and it also poisoned Carracosta! But, Carracosta connected with a powered-up Crunch as well. Both Pokémon recoiled back, but it was only Grimer who fell.

"Grimer is unable to battle. Carracosta wins!"

"Grimer, return," I recalled my Pokémon. "Thanks, buddy. You did a great job out there."

I'm not left with many options. I have to take a chance. "Vespiquen, you're up again! Use Attack Order!"

"No way!" Marlon was chuckling a bit. "Carracosta, finish it with Smack Down!"

Before Vespiquen could get an attack off, it got hit with another Smack Down.

"Vespiquen is unable to battle. Carracosta wins again!"

"Vespiquen, return!" I'm down to my last Pokémon. Marlon still has two others he hasn't had to use yet! But Carracosta seems worn out, so I should be able to defeat it!

"A water-type for a water battle," I said as I pulled out my last Poké Ball. "Starmie, maximize!"

"Not a problem," said Marlon. "Carracosta, use Crunch!"

"Starmie, dodge and use Brine!" Starmie was much faster than Carracosta, so Brine hit, and Carracosta finally fell!

"Carracosta is unable to battle," came the judge's call. "Starmie wins!"

"Carracosta, return and chill out," Marlon still sounded calm. "Jellicent, hang loose!"

Well, this couldn't be worse. Though they're both water-types, ghost-type Jellicent definitely has the type advantage over psychic-type Starmie.

"Quick, Starmie, use Power Gem!" Power Gem was really the only viable attack I could use. It hit Jellicent, but something strange was happening. "Starmie, what's wrong?"

"That would be Jellicent's Cursed Body ability," Marlon explained. Crap. I didn't even think about that. Now the only attack I can use is Brine, which will do nothing with Jellicent's high special defense.

"Jellicent, use Ominous Wind!" As expected, the ghost-type move was super-effective, doing major damage.

"Quick, Starmie, use Brine!"

"Use Ominous Wind again, Jellicent!"

The two attacks collided, but the result can be easily predicted.

"Starmie is unable to battle. The winner of this gym match is the Gym Leader, Marlon!"

And so I lost. I rushed back to the Pokémon Center, and gave my three Poké Balls to Nurse Joy. She gave me back the other three Poké Balls she was caring for while I was at the gym. Then I thought, why not try again with my other three Pokémon? Couldn't hurt!

Later in the day I returned to the Humilau Gym, and Marlon was more than happy to have a rematch.

"You seem pumped up!" Marlon said excitedly. "I'll totally challenge you again!"

We took our places on the battlefield. Marlon led off with his Carracosta again, and it looked fully recovered and ready to go.

"This time, I'm not playing around; I want to take out that Carracosta quickly!" I threw my first Poké Ball. "Ampharos, maximize!"

"An electric-type, that's more usual to what I see here!" Marlon commented.

"Ampharos, quick, Discharge, let's go!" Electricity filled the area.

"Carracosta, use Scald!" But Carracosta wasn't moving. It was paralyzed from the Discharge!

"Yes!" I yelled. "Finally some luck on my side. Ampharos, Power Gem!"

A barrage of gems pelted Carracosta. "Now, finish it with Discharge!"

The electric attack blasted the stunned turtle Pokémon, and it fell!

"Carracosta is unable to battle," called the judge. "Ampharos wins!"

"Ok, now that's a better start!" I exclaimed with a smile. "Ampharos, great job, but return for now and take a rest."

"Carracosta, return," Marlon recalled his Pokémon, then looked over to me. "Dude, you're definitely more into this time! But try this on for size! And by size, I mean…"

Marlon tossed his Poké Ball into the air. Suddenly, a huge shadow filled the water field. Oh. Cripes.

"A Wailord?!" (Seriously, how does this work? You ever notice Wailord has never been in a battle in the anime? I mean, how would this thing even fit *any* battlefield? Hilarious! Ok, here I go trying to make this somewhat realistic…)

"Lopunny, maximize!" I sent out my next Pokémon. (Oh, come on, tell me this match up doesn't make it funnier.)

"Time to show them why David beat Goliath," I said. "Use Jump Kick!"

Lopunny leapt in the air, and kicked the giant whale Pokémon.

"Wailord, use Scald!" Wailord blasted the hot water from its spout, raining down on the field and Lopunny.

"Hang in there, Lopunny! Jump Kick again!" My Pokémon landed another kick, as Wailord blasted it back with another Scald.

"You ok, Lopunny?" I was concerned about the burn effect from Scald, but so far, so good. "Awesome, then Jump Kick it again!"

Another kick connected with the large Pokémon, and the attacks are doing steady damage to Wailord.

"Now check this out," said Marlon with his usual laid-back tone. "Wailord, use Bounce!"

(Aw, come on. This isn't even following the most basic laws of physics now…)

Suddenly, Wailord hurled itself out of the water, high into the air, with a power that I think might even make Arceus stare in awe.

"My Lopunny can handle it!" I said, not noticing the fearful and worried look on my Pokémon's face. "Lopunny, intercept it with Dizzy Punch!"

My Lopunny shot me a look that said, "You're kidding me, right?" but I took no notice. With a sigh, Lopunny used its nimble legs to jump in the air at the diving Wailord, and it closed in, gave it a Dizzy Punch in its underside! Both Pokémon came crashing down on the water! When they surfaced, the judge made his call.

"Both Pokémon are unable to battle!"

"You totally rocked that!" Marlon exclaimed as we both recalled our Pokémon. "You're raising some wicked Pokémon! You got this trainer thing down! Well, you know who my last Pokémon is. Jellicent, hang loose!"

"Yep, and my last Pokémon is a perfect match up for it!" I said with confidence. "Drapion, maximize!"

This time, I've got the type advantage with a dark and poison-type.

"Ok, Drapion, power up using Hone Claws!" Jellicent has high defenses, so I want pure power here.

"Jellicent, turn up the heat with your Scald attack!" Jellicent blasted the jet of hot water at my Drapion. It was able to handle the damage, but my luck turned a bit. Drapion was burned!

"Ok, Marlon," I said. "I'm going all in. Drapion, use Night Slash!"

Marlon calmly commanded his Jellicent to dodge it, but Drapion closed in and landed a powerful Night Slash that sent Jellicent skidding across the water to the other side of the battlefield!

"Yes! Just what I was hoping for!" I yelled excitedly. "That super-effective, critical hit was powered up courtesy of my Drapion's special ability of Sniper!"

"Jellicent is unable to battle," the judge called. "Drapion wins! This gym battle victory goes to the challenger, Steve!"

"Nice job, Drapion!" I yelled over to my Pokémon.

"Jellicent, awesome battling," Marlon said as he returned his Pokémon to its Poké Ball.

We walked to the entrance of the gym. "You don't just look strong, you're strong fo' reals!"

"Thanks, Marlon," I replied. "It was fun getting to battle a gym leader I never faced before!"

"I was swept away, too!" He reached out his hand. "Here's the Wave Badge! Shoots! I'm off then! Good luck in the rest of your journey!"

Finally, my eighth and final badge in Unova, the new Wave Badge!

Wave_Badge.png

After winning my badge, I did a little more training with the current team, then sent Ampharos, Lopunny, Vespiquen, Drapion, and Starmie to Professor Juniper for retirement. I then went to the Entralink Forest where I found the Yanma I befriended in the Dream World earlier.

"Yanma, the Clear Wing Pokémon. Yanma can hover in one spot by flapping their wings at high speed. They can fly freely through the air, and even sudden stops are no problem. They flit about to guard their territory."

266. Yanma
Spr_5b_193.png

Dream World 2: Shuckle. Found: Krookodile that knows Mean Look.

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
September 8, 2013

Dream World: Whimsicott. Found: nothing new; female Barboach with the ability Hydration.

I sent Yanma to Professor Juniper to take a look at, and had her send the next five Pokémon in my rotation. Golduck, Clefairy, Heracross, Skarmory, and my recently caught Corsola were all added to my team. I got to do a little training with them on Route 22. I did run into Hugh in Humilau City though, and he said he wants to go after Team Plasma. I told him I'd help, and keep an eye out around here, because I want to stay nearby and train the rest of my Pokémon.

Dream World 2: Octillery. Found: Karrablast that can use Bug Bite.

Late that evening, as my Pokémon were relaxing on the beaches of Humilau City, my Clefairy was staring up at the moon. I figured now was as good a time as any, so I gave it the Moon Stone I was keeping for it. It gladly took it, and evolved into Clefable!

"Clefable, the Fairy Pokémon, and the evolved form of Clefairy. Clefable are very wary and rarely show themselves to people. Their ears are sensitive enough to hear a pin drop from over a mile away, so they're usually found in quiet places."

267. Clefable
Spr_5b_036.png

September 9, 2013

Dream World: Lilligant. Found: nothing new; Zangoose that can use Double Hit.
Dream World 2: Wailmer. Found: nothing new.

I did significant training with my team of Pokémon on Route 22. I finished up just after midnight, and then said my good-byes to Golduck, Clefable, Heracross, Skarmory, and Corsola, as I sent them to Professor Juniper for retirement.

September 10, 2013

The next set of Pokémon to come with me consists of Azumarill, Vaporeon, Pinsir, Numel, and Wailmer. I have a busy week, but I'll try to find time to train in between other things.

September 11, 2013

Dream World: Darmanitan. Found: nothing new; female Hoothoot with the ability Tinted Lens.
Dream World 2: Seel. Found: nothing new.

September 12, 2013

Dream World: Maractus. Found: nothing new; female Spheal with the ability Oblivious.
Dream World 2: Corphish. Found: female Alomomola with the ability Regenerator.

September 13, 2013

Dream World: Garbodor. Found: nothing new; Seaking that can use Sleep Talk.
Dream World 2: Carnivine. Found: Scolipede that can use Toxic Spikes.

While I was training my team, my Numel and Wailmer evolved into Camerupt and Wailord!

268. Camerupt
Spr_5b_323_m.png

269. Wailord
Spr_5b_321.png

September 14, 2013

Dream World: Cinccino. Found: nothing new; Cherubi that knows Heal Pulse.
Dream World 2: Sunflora. Found: Shelmet that knows Encore.

My 35th birthday! Where has the time gone?? I went to eat dinner with some friends who I haven't seen in a while, with the plan being to come back to my place for some board games. Except when I got home, I had a surprise party waiting for me! My place was all decked out with Pokémon decorations, and one of my more creative friends even baked and designed me a Pokéball birthday cake! And even some handmade Pokémon cupcakes to go with it! It was an amazing day. Best. Birthday. Ever.

September 15, 2013

Dream World: Sawsbuck. Found: nothing new; female Seaking with the ability Lightningrod.
Dream World 2: Ampharos. Found: Cottonee that knows Encore.

September 16, 2013

Dream World: Amoongus. Found: nothing new; female Pinsir with the ability Moxie.
Dream World 2: Golduck. Found: Petilil that knows Sweet Scent.

September 17, 2013

I finally finished training the current team, and sent them to the professor for retirement. The next five Pokémon got sent to me: Lucario, Jolteon, Floatzel, Spoink, and Lapras.

Dream World: Galvantula. Found: nothing new; female Hippopotas with the ability Sand Force.
Dream World 2: Azumarill. Found: female Tirtouga with the ability Swift Swim.

September 18, 2013

Dream World: Eelektross. Found: nothing new; female Snorlax with the ability Gluttony.
Dream World 2: Weezing. Found: nothing. Nothing at all. Are you kidding me??? Dozens of Pokémon left to catch, and I find nothing. I'm really glad I'm close to being done with the Dream World, because it is more frustrating than fun.

I went to Route 22 to train my Pokémon and to also explore a little further west. On top of one of the hills, I found Terrakion! As approached it, I suddenly heard a voice from behind me.

"It's very interesting that Terrakion appeared before you!" It was Colress! What was he doing here? I haven't seen him since I was in Driftveil City.

"It's been a long time," Colress said as he came up next to me. "Terrakion is one of the three Pokémon who protected Pokémon from the flames of human conflict! It seems likely that Terrakion has picked up the scent of danger that emanates from Team Plasma. It's probably seeking a Pokémon trainer who has the strength to stand up to them."

"Well, I do plan to stop them, if I can," I stated.

"I see," Colress seemed lost in thought for a moment. "If that's the case, you must have the power to protect your own Pokémon! Being protected by Pokémon alone doesn't make you a Trainer! It's because Trainers are strong, because they care about their Pokémon, that these Pokémon can also be strong!"

What the heck is he babbling on about? He then turned to walk away.

"Now that I think about it, you might want to check out the Seaside Cave on Route 21." And with that comment, he left.

I turned my attention to Terrakion. I had Lucario battle it, and weaken it using Force Palm, which also paralyzed Terrakion! Several Ultra Balls later, and I was able to catch it. So I caught the legendary trio of Unova again. There must be danger. I know I want to finish my Pokédex, but I also need to find Team Plasma!

Not too long after that, my Spoink evolved into Grumpig!

270. Grumpig
Spr_5b_326.png

September 19, 2013

I was talking to Professor Juniper at the Pokémon Center. She was calling me from Icirrus City. She said that her and doctor Fennel traveled north to find out what was going on with Team Plasma and the ice covering Opelucid City and the surrounding areas. She also told me that they found that wild Croagunk had begun to appear in the area around Icirrus City! There was one in particular that attacked them using Gunk Shot. Musharna defended them easily, being a great type match-up against a Croagunk, but it also used Dream Mist on it. So…

Dream World: Accelgor. Found: nothing new; female Pineco with the ability Overcoat.
Dream World 2: Growlithe. Found: Croagunk that can use Gunk Shot! I will have to stop by the Entralink later to catch the newly discovered Pokémon in Unova.

OffRoadSP

Years
September 20, 2013

First thing I did was head to the Entralink Forest to catch the Croagunk I found in the Dream World!

"Croagunk, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon. Croagunk rarely fight fairly, but that is strictly to ensure survival. Inflating their poison sacs, they fill the area with an odd sound and hit flinching opponents with poison jabs. They are also popular as mascots."

271. Croagunk
Spr_5b_453_m.png

I then did a lot of training with my current team on Route 22, and by the end of the night, had finished training all of them. I sent the five Pokémon back to storage after resting them at the Pokémon Center.

Dream World: Mienshao. Found: nothing new; Clamperl that can use Aqua Ring.
Dream World 2: Magmar. Found: Heatmor that can use Giga Drain.

September 21, 2013

The next team of five that I took out for training consisted of Dunsparce, Flareon, Castform, Drifblim, and Spheal.

I did a lot of training with this team during the day; so much so that my Spheal evolved into Sealeo in the morning, and then again into Walrein later in the day!

272. Sealeo
Spr_5b_364.png

273. Walrein
Spr_5b_365.png

September 22, 2013

Dream World: Bouffalant. Found: Kricketot that knows Endeavor! This leaves just one more Pokémon to find in the Dream Park! But time is running out. We also befriended a female Meditite with the ability Telepathy.
Dream World 2: Electabuzz. Found: Petilil that knows Charm.

I finished up training my current Pokémon. Then I rotated my team and had another five Pokémon sent to me: Weezing, Espeon, Lairon, Shuppet, and Altaria.

During some late night training at the Nimbasa City Sports Domes, my Shuppet evolved into Banette!

274. Banette
Spr_5b_354.png

Then, when I returned to the Pokémon Center, I was awarded a medal towards the Medal Rally. Apparently, Banette was the last ghost-type Pokémon I needed to obtain in the Unova region! I also received 16 Hint Medals, which obviously are for when I finish obtaining each of the other types of Pokémon in Unova.

Medal Rally: Rookie Rank 83/124
New Medals:
Ghost-type Catcher

Uzamaki Nagato

Pokemon Master
Years
Looks like it's Day 1 of my Pokemon journey.

I'm playing Pokemon Black, and my current team is as follows:

Oshawott (Lv. 14) - Male
Lillipup (Lv. 14) - Male
Patrat (Lv. 4) - Male
Pansear (Lv. 10) - Female

I've also just beaten Cilan, with a bit of difficulty. That Pansage's Cheer Up + Vine Whip combo did a number on my Oshawott, but thankfully the berry it was holding, plus a Focus Energy + Tail Whip + Tackle combo also did quite a lot of damage to it - softening it up for my Lillipup's Bite, which finished the pesky monkey off. This is the first time I've ever used Lillipup in a game, and believe me, he is very good. I've never really played much with Tepig or Snivy - not only is Oshawott just simply a much better choice than either of those two, there is also a dearth of good Water-types in Unova.

In contrast, there are plenty of good Fire and Grass-types. For Fire, you've got Darumaka and Pansear. When it comes to Grass-types, you've got Petilil, Deerling and Ferroseed. As for Water-types, the only ones I remember off the top of my head are Carracosta (don't know much about him), Jellicent (whose Sp. Atk isn't all that high) and Basculin (who sucks). Too bad Keldeo can't be obtained in the game by legal means, otherwise Oshawott wouldn't have been such a necessity. Not that I don't like Oshawott, it's just that he's the go-to starter in all cases. :)

Decent attack and speed, combined with a really nifty ability in Pickup, that helps me gain free items from time to time. I've gotten a Great Ball, a Full Heal (or two), a regular Potion (IIRC), an Escape Rope, a Repel and a Super Potion from him so far. So far none of my Pokemon have ever been knocked out in a fight, which is pretty good. I'm intending to keep this unbeaten streak going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back