• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriting Tutorials - Pokemon and Trainer

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I haven't added colou, shading or even facial details so before I do, your opinion on it.

The legs are curved a bit too much, and the hind legs seem to short compared to how low that part of the body is... you should make the pelvic area just a bit smaller, rather than make the legs longer, though.

edit: Wow, this post is the one hundredth in this thread! When did the number of replies get so high?

Last edited:

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
Hey Chesu I finished my sprite. I changed it completly (well, only a bit) and I cheated a little bit by using other Pokemons parts. (see if you can guess which ones!!) ;)
Anyway, how do you think it looks?
I've also added some tiles I made there too. They're kind of sucky cause its my first try at making them. i can't remember why Sandslash and Shaymin are there for but anyway...

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Looks like you used Shaymin and Sandslash as color references.

There are a few problems with your sprite... it really needs to be smoothed out around the edges, looks flat so needs more shading, and one of the arms is a lot bigger than the other.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Here's another trace-over I made that I think turned out pretty nicely:
ferreon6958474561-iaza.gif
Credit to Ashurasonic for the Concept Art. And yes I was given permission to use it.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Looks good! You should post the original image alongside, or at least link to it, for comparison. :D

While I'm here, I'd just like to apologize to... whoever it is that's been waiting for the backsprite tutorials. I have the first one a little more than halfway done, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on it lately. I hope to have it finished before too much longer.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Oh well I can't wait to see it! And also if you think it's necessary, a tutorial on a more advanced way of spriting with geometry or another technique would be nice.

GameFreak Executive

Born to be the very best...
Years
tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vjvdp3&s=5

Well, that was my very first result, using your amazing tutorial, but please, tell me what I could do to make it better.

It didn't turn out how I invisioned it at all. x)

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
You should round and touch up all of the outlines... and try using the the color palettes of existing Pokemon, it will make your sprite look more natural. I like the face!

Pokefreak437

is looking for sig. tutorials.
Years
Dude this tutorial helped a lot. I made a custom trainer and almagation (animated), but I'm new to the site and don't have enough posts to put up a URL >.>

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
You actually have the option to attach images stored on your computer to your post. Just press the Post Reply button under my post, and the Attach Files field will be in the Additional Options in the table below the text field.

Pokefreak437

is looking for sig. tutorials.
Years
My Fakemon (s)

Three Starter Pokemon I made. The Pig had a Cyndaquil's head (heavily edited) and Nuzleaf's Leaf as a tail. Stantler's legs. The bird Water thing is completely scratched. Try to guess what I did for the snake :O

Last edited:
Back