• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Charlie Fitzpatrick
Academy Grounds -> Pokémon Center (ER)

Charlie followed the boy, with Jaws walking behind him carrying the injured Aaron. The boy who was leading them to the Pokémon Center spoke about fixing a balloon, which the counselor ignored for the time being. His priority was to get the kid that would be staying at his beach house treated, and make sure that he would recover. Then, once the kid was under a doctor's care, he would go ahead and ask the other two about the problem.

That reminded him, he still hadn't introduced himself to them yet! How rude of him... Anyway, as soon as they found themselves before the red-roofed building that everyone called Pokémon Center, he spoke. "Thank you, kids. I'll take it from here." he said, with Jaws next to him, "Come on, Jaws, let's go inside."

Jaws nodded and walked inside, the door opening for him. However, before going in, Charlie said one more thing to the two students.

"Oh, and by the way, I'd like to have a word with you two after this boy is getting treated, is that okay?"

Then, as he walked inside, he added, "I'm Charlie Fitzpartick, the new counselor here. Feel free to drop by my office later."

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Natural Harmonia Gropius

It was as he feared. That attack had damaged her hearing. Hopefully it wouldn't be permanent and make the girl walk around with a hearing aide for the rest of her life. He walked over to his desk, picked up a piece of paper and and a pencil, wrote a message down, and held the message in front of Olivia for her to read.

Call Buneary back to the Pokeball. I'm calling a nurse down here to come get you. Can you stand?

N pulled out his X Transeiver and dialed the number for the Nurse. "Hello? This is N in Battle room 305. One of the students was hit by a hyper voice from her own pokemon. Her hearing is damaged and she has some energy damage as well. May as well bring a stretcher."

Eventually a Nurse along with two Chanseys with a stretcher arrived for Olivia to help carry her and her buneary (depending on whether or not Olivia called her pokemon back to her pokeball or not) off to the Nurse's office.

N stood there a few seconds silently as he looked at the rest of the class after Olivia left. He no longer had the same joy and optimism he had earlier. He was very serious, melancholy, and even sad. "I hope you all learned a lesson from what we just witness happened to that poor girl. It's very dangerous when a human trainer and a pokemon can't communicate well or cooperate with each other. Either side could get hurt, not just in a pokemon battle, but even while training or even under the most normal of circumstances. Both Pokemon and humans rely on each other in more ways than you can possibly imagine. When a bond is in danger of breaking, such an incident like what we just saw could occur."

He let out a sigh and looked back at everyone. "How about we try this again. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of what just occurred."

He reached his hand up and pointed his finger to the class as he searched through the remaining less than a dozen students in the class room. Eventually he stopped on Lincoln. "You. Please come up to the front of the class."

Takumi Ryuuhiko

Takumi looked at Elizabeth with a very subtle hint of surprise on his face. He calmly replied to her, "I must admit, that is a rather interesting question you've chosen to ask me. Why do you wish to know?"

His psychic abilities didn't work on her mind, that much he knew. This made her one of the few people Takumi could talk with that could ever give Takumi the idea that he was talking with another human being on equal terms and without having a special psychic gift that made him unique to others, even sense a person's intent if he wanted to, and help him better identify where the conversation would be going.

The thing was though, just how was it possible for her mind to block out his powers? She didn't seem to him like a more powerful Psychic trainer. Was it some kind of magic or Alchemy or charm that made it possible for her to block off people from entering her mind?

And even then, Takumi realized that it may also be possible that whatever she was doing to block him out could've been also used to look into him. To see his desires and the burden he's been carrying for years.

Whether she replied to his question or not, he still would at least reply to her question.

"I am out to correct the horrible wrongs of a select few cowardly fools I've had to deal with in my life. To keep them from being able to repeat the same dishonor and pain they gave me from being applied to another one with my...unique qualities. The first step to doing so, however, will require myself and my pokemon allies to become strong enough to clear the Lugia Dorm of the ghost pokemon that haunted it years ago, and to reinstate the Lugia Dorm. I will do what the headmaster of this academy couldn't do. After that, I will face my true enemies."

That was not the whole story, let alone should it even answer what caused him to think or act this way. But it was still a good enough explanation to him.

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
James "Jay"Rybak

While walking to Oak Town, I noticed another trainer who seems to be walking to Oak Town too. What was noticeable about the other trainer was he was wearing mostly red clothes, holding an egg, and a bonsly was following him. The other traveler seemed to be about a year or two younger than me. I think I may have seen a glimpse of him while I was on the boat to Oak Island. Maybe this could be my chance to make some new friends. I've always had trouble making new friends because I worry a lot too much about what if other people hate me or maybe what if they don't want to be friends with me. I often worry a lot when making new friends. I'm just too timid. Maybe I should try asking him to be my friend? I hope this works.

So, I approach the young boy nervously and said, "Err…hi…my full name is James Preston Rybak, but my nickname is Jay. It's nice to meet you.I-I...am wondering if you would like to be friends with me?" I hope I don't sound too random or cliché.

Samuel-Pidgey

While following my trainer to a nearby town, I saw another trainer. The other trainer was carrying an egg, wearing clothes of the colorization of red, and a bonsly was following him. My trainer approached the other trainer and seems to be trying to start a conversation with him. While my trainer was talking to the other trainer, Emil introduced herself to the bonsly,"Hi, my name is Emil the swablu. My friends here are Nalafari the starly, Samuel the pidgey, and my trainer, James, but most people call him Jay. I-----"

Nalafari interrupted Emil and told the bonsly, "Hey guys! The name's Nalafari, and I'm the fastest flier in Cherrygrove City. I'm also the strongest pokemon on my team, and I'm the best----"

I took my right wing and covered Nalafari's beak. Nalafari was trying to speak but instead the vocalization sounded like mmf mfff mmff muhemff mff. I spoke to the bonsly,"I have sincere apologies for you due to my friend here. He has the temptation to brag about himself."

I released my wing from Nalafari's beak and Nalafari started to talk again, "Samuel! Don't be rashing on me. You always----"I coveredNalafari's beak again before Nalafari begins the usage of improper language directed at me. Nalafari muffled,"Mmmff mmf MMFFF EMFF MMF."

I told the bonsly,"Please do not be concerned about my dear friend here. He is a quite a bit rambunctious fellow currently."

Nalafari-Starly

Oh yeah! Boo yeah! Uh huh! I'm so totally prepared to get to the town, so we could get to the academy after. Well, until Jay walked to another trainer, and started talking to him. Emil was introducing herself,Samuel, and me to the other trainer's bonsly," Hi, my name is Emil the swablu.My friends here are Nalafari the starly, Samuel the pidgey, and blah, blah,blah…."

This is my chance, my chance to tell others about how awesome I am. So I told the bonsly," Hey guys! It's great to meet you! The name's Nalafari, and I'm the fastest flier in Cherrygrove City. I'm also the strongest pokemon on my team, and I'm the best----". Samuel covered my beak. I tried to talk,but my voice came out as muffles. Well, I least I got to say I'm one of the fastest fliers at my hometown.

Samuel told the bonsly," I have sincere apologies for you due to my friend here. He has the temptation to brag about himself."

Dang it, Samuel is rashing on me. Oh shoot, this is annoying.It seemed like forever until Samuel takes his wing off my beak. I continued," Samuel!Don't be rashing on me. You always----. "My beak was covered again. I tried to talk again, but it only came out as muffles again.

I heard Samuel say to the bonsly," Please do not be concerned about my dear friend here. He is a quite a bit rambunctious fellow currently."

Emil-Swablu

Jay noticed another trainer, and started to talk to the other trainer. I took this as a chance to make new friends and help others along the way. I started to introduce my team to the other trainer's bonsly," Hi, my name is Emil the swablu. My friends here are Nalafari the starly, Samuel the pidgey,and my trainer, James, but most people call him Jay. I-----"

Nalafari interrupted me," Hey guys! The name's Nalafari, and I'm the fastest flier in Cherrygrove City. I'm also the strongest pokemon on my team, and I'm the best----".

Sam covered Nals's beak with his wing, and told the bonsly,"I have sincere apologies for you due to my friend here. He has the temptation to brag about himself."

Oh dear, Nalafari interrupted me again, but I didn't mind. I'm used to it. Even though Nalafari is arrogant, he's still always loyal to the team and helps us a lot, and is friendly most of the time. I just wish Nals is a lot less egotistic. Not including his big ego, Nals is pretty much fun-loving and friendly. Well, maybe except for being a prankster.

Samuel released his wing from Nals's beak. Nalafari looked angry with his cheeks puffing out. Nals yelled at Sam, "Samuel! Don't be rashing on me. You always----" Samuel used his wing to cover Nals's beak again.

Sam told the bonsly," Please do not be concerned about my dear friend here. He is a quite a bit rambunctious fellow currently."

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

While Tristen was interacting with the wild Aipom, Croagunk had finished his warmups. Grabbing a rock, he carved a small target onto a nearby tree and stepped away from it for a few yards. Using poison sting, he began to aim at the target, and with each successful hit, he moved farther back. He threw each "dart" with precision and strength, and whenever he missed, he began doing pushups. There was never an excuse for Gabriel--he sought perfection, and though it slowed him down at times, he knew he would come out on top in the end.

Over time, he began to increase the number of darts he threw at one time, and in order for her to consider a hit a success, all darts had to hit the target. He got halfway across the clearing before coming back closer to the target.

Next, he began picking up small rocks and used them as projectiles. He wanted to be able to use whatever was around him as ammunition in case anything ever happened. Making sure to be thorough, he threw with both arms, making sure than none was superior over the other so he did not have to rely on only one.

Meanwhile, Skarmory began to move towards the directed area by Tristen. The wild Aipom began to face him on the other side of the clearing. Mediating, the white-haired girl made sure the area was clear before starting the match. "Are you two ready?"

The Aipom jumped up and down in excitement, and Skarmory simply nodded in return.

"Begin!"

Skarmory launched himself towards the monkey pokemon before executing a fast Air Cutter. The sharp air hit Aipom square in the face before he could recover and counter with a quick fury swipes. His small claws simply glanced off of Skarmory's armor. Taking this to his advantage, Skarmory backed up and executed Agility, surrounding the Aipom.

Angry, the Aipom began attacking random space, attempting to keep up with Skarmory. His lands did hit, but because of the speed, they didn't do much but waste energy for the small pokemon.

On top of Agility, Skarmory decided to add on sand-attack to further confuse the wild pokemon. As a result, Aipom got provoked into using Swift, dashing around the field while launching his attack in all direction, desperate to land a hit on Skarmory.

His actions were rewarded when Skarmory got hit by several of his attacks.

Tristen stood to the side, watching Skarmory's interesting modes of self-command. His fighting style was clever, but flawed. We need to work on avoiding a drawn-out battle. We can't afford to be wasting our time.

The sound of Aipom's Swift echoed throughout the clearing.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Orange
On the way to Oak Town, Orange was approched by another trainer. He was scared for a second, because if he asked for a battle, he couldn't refuse. Luckily he said,"Err...hi... my full name is James Preston Rybak, but my nickname is Jay. It's nice to meet you. I-I...am wondering if you would like to be friends with me?" Well, Orange thought of this guy as nice, so he says,"Well hello there! Nice to meet you. I'm Orange Henry. I am from New Bark Town, Jhoto. And this is Bonsi and Eggy." Suddenly, Bonsi uses Fake Tears. "I'm sorry, Bonsi doesn't do well with strangers. So I assume you are going to the academy? I'm gonna follow you, 'cause I'm terrible with directions, how 'bout you?"

Bonsi
As Jay approches, Bonsi is thinking, "Oh no, I'm going to have to battle. I'm only level 12, I'm gonna lose... Oh no... Oh no..." Then, the trainer approaches, but does not seem to want to cause harm. He has three Flying pokemon, two of them seem to have opposing personality. They introduce them selves. The Swablu's name is Emil, the Pidgey's Samuel, and the Starly,"Who is very rambunctious," Bonsi thinks, is named Nalafari. They were all talking at once, so much that Bonsi felt the need to "WAAAA!" Orange apologises to the trainer for Bonsi's crying, saying Bonsi doesn't take too well with strangers. "Yes I do, I just have a hard time when lots is going on..." Bonsi thinks.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal
Vel came back to teal soon after, he didn't see Tristen though, "Guess she isn't coming huh girl." He yawned, "Well I guess food for just us is just as good. Let's get to the cafeteria." He stood up from the position he had been relaxed in for so long and zipped up his pack. "You must be tired from all that running why don't you get in your ball, you too ponyta." He put both of them in their ball. "So Kira what do you want to eat before my dust on the mountain." He meant it as a joke but Kira took it as an insult.

"Just you watch you jerk, I'm going to get to the top so fast not even gravity can keep up with me."

Teal laughed, "But that isn't exactly how gravity works, you can't outrun it." Kira just ignored him and began walking toward campus.

Teal talked to Seth, "You know, it hasn't been long since we got to this school and it feels like I'm more alive here than on my old island." He couldn't remember the name of the island, but it didn't cross his mind.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth was watching Scyther jog with his log when Vel scampered back into the clearing. He didnt see Tristen, so he assumed that they would be starting.

"Okay guys! Time's up! Time to come eat!" He yelled, and heard a few thuds. His pokemon were soon walking with him as he approached Teal.

"You know, it hasn't been long since we got to this school and it feels like I'm more alive here than on my old island." Teal said. Seth nodded in agreement.

"Same here. Then again, i didnt really have a home before now. Sure, I still lived on Mossdeep, but I was always moving. there never was any one place that I could call home." He said as they walked back to the academy.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Aipom fell to the ground exhausted after all of his fast and hard movements bouncing the logs back, as did Heracross. Lucas ran over to his tired and worn out Pokemon. 'Guys!! Are you okay?' He panicked as his Pokemon were just all trained out. 'Aww it's okay guys, that training style seemed too intense. I'm sorry!' Aipom and Heracross got up and nodded at Lucas to say No don't be sorry it was fun! Lucas smiled. He turned his head to see Seth and the others making their way through the forest. Not wanting to get lost again he returned Heracross to his Pokeball and carried Aipom on his shoulder. He ran over to them to keep up the pace.

Years
(Been ages since I have posted. Very sorry to all!)

The boy seemed very shy in his response and Ryan understood how he must be feeling, when the girl had left them however he seemed to ease up a little but had a look of guilt on his face as if he felt responsible for making her leave.
"Ah," Said Ryan. "No matter, no need for an apology about it." He smiled at Kenshin. "Well that was a very important job that your mother had, perhaps you could talk to her about the Lugia song and see what she knows about it. Could be very useful for later on!"
After Kenshin said about his father, Ryan nodded, quite slowly gazing off at the opposite wall with his hands under his chin pointed upwards.
"Hmm... Did your father complete the challenges? The boy that did it the year I went only got to the one, I can't remember which, but he got there then gave up and carried on in his journey." Ryan laughed as he remembered the time.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn walked along the beach, taking in the scenery. Zapper flew overhead, gliding over the water, as Sting walked on the dry side. Cactuar, meanwhile, kept hopping and skipping over the small waves that reached the shoreline. He realized, though, that he hadn't eaten at all that day. He stopped walking and turned towards the buildings again, debating on whether or not he should get something to eat.

Shawn turned to his pokemon. "Alright, you guys," he declared. "Let's go to the cafeteria. I'm getting really hungry." All three nodded in agreement as they headed inside to the cafeteria. Zapper landed gracefully on his shoulder before entering the room. Shawn decided to recall Sting and Cactuar to their pokeballs, in case something happens. He wasn't sure what would happen, but better safe than sorry.

Shawn waits patiently for his food, the line slowly moving. He looks around at the cafeteria, surprised at how many students are here. Finally, he gets to the front of the line and receives his tray. He winds up getting a turkey sandwich, barbecue potato chips, a bowl of applesauce, and a bottle of orange juice. He pays for the meal and finds an available table by himself. He sits down to relax and eat.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
James "Jay"Rybak

The young boy in front of me introduced himself,"Well hello there! Nice to meet you. I'm Orange Henry. I am from New Bark Town, Jhoto. And this is Bonsi and Eggy." While Orange introduced his Pokemon, he did not mention which of the two Pokemon were Bonsi and Eggy. Assuming by the names, the young boy's Bonsly is most likely Bonsi, and the egg is Eggy. It was easy to figure it out by using context clues as Orange had most likely chosen a name that is similar the Pokemon's species or state.

My Pokemon seemed to be chattering about something. Suddenly,there was silence between my Pokemon. Out of the blue, a cry could be heard among the silence. I noticed that the bonsly had started crying. I wondered if the Bonsly wept due to its emotions, or did he cry due to excess water in his body? Then, I saw my Swablu trying to comfort the Bonsly.My Pidgey seemed to be nervous, while my Starly was frozen in place as if in shock.

"I'm sorry; Bonsi doesn't do well with strangers. So I assume you are going to the academy? I'm gonna follow you, 'cause I'm terrible with directions, how 'bout you?"The young trainer spoke in the midst of the situation of the crying Bonsly.

Orange Henry seemed to be quite a peculiar name. Who would name their child after a color? Nevertheless, I put that topic aside. From what I observed, Orange seems to want to follow me, and he may or may not have a sense of direction. I have not determined his personality yet, but I would be observing his personality later. I prefer to identify the identity of a person's personality to try to understand people.

I honestly felt giddy and happy that I made a new friend. I felt so excited, yet so anxious at the same time that I've met a new person who has the possibility to become my friend. And so I answered Orange," Y-yes, I am t-traveling to the academy, b-but first, I must buy three P-pokeballs in order to keep my Pokemon safe from o-others who wish to capture them. W-we would most likely find a map of Oak Island in one of the stores in Oak Town."

Emil-Swablu

I saw the scene before my eyes. Nals and Sam made the Bonsly cry with their argument. I flew to the Bonsly. I used my cotton-like wings to wipe the Bonsly's tears, and I tried to comfort the Bonsly, "Sssshhh, sssshhhh,it's alright little one...don't cry, don't cry. Emi is here, nothing bad will happen. The happy fairy shall make you happy again."I then snuggled the Bonsly to soothe the crying Bonsly.

Samuel-Pidgey

I just stood there, unsure what to do about the crying Bonsly and my friends. I wanted to go up to the Bonsly to comfort him, but I had something else in mind. If I were to go to the Bonsly, Nalafari might be left alone and start planning his shenanigans. If I were to go scold Nalafari,Emil would most likely be angered that I did not help comfort the Bonsly. This is a dilemma, a difficult puzzle to solve. I felt like I was at a crossroad with only two choices of which road I could have chosen with the pressure of a Wailord atop me, squishing me. This might be a puzzle that I may not have the strategy to solve. It was like as if I was lost at a sea without a thought of what to do.

Nalafari-Starly

Emil…my lil' sis…I shouldn't have caused the Bonsly to cry. Emil might be angry at me. Knowing her, I knew that once you get Emil angry, you might regret making her angry.She doesn't get angry often, but she does have a furious temper once you get Emil angered. I shivered a bit; I would probably get "The Stare of Doom" from Emil. I seriously regret this. Okay now, happy thoughts...happy thoughts…happy thoughts…DANG IT, FORGET ABOUT THOSE HAPPY THOUGHTS, I'M DOOMED.

Last edited:

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Orange
It seems to Orange that this person has no pokeballs, which is strange for a tainer. Well, if he needs money, that's something I can't give. Thinks Orange. "Well, do you have money, 'cause I have none. I would give you some, but I'm broke. We should get a move on if we are gonna make it before dark."
Bonsi
Bonsi is thinking about how nice the Swablu is when he stutters, "I... I just get... Overwhelmed somtimes. I.... I'm sorry..."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru was having a grand old time making a fool of himself. He was doing somersaults, hand springs, and swan dives. Somehow he hadn't fallen and broken his neck, so he was content to just keep doing what he was doing. He leapt backwards and did a backwards somersault and grinned. Haru did mulitple somersaults and landed right in front of his girlfriend and her cousin, and then sat down between them. "So yeah..." He didn't know what to say, but he was tired. He wrapped his arm around Holly and layed down.

Void wasn't sure what to say. Ever since they arrived on this island, things have been the opposite of how they usually are. Haru actually has a girlfriend, they actually won a battle, and Haru was actually being graceful. The other four pokemon were laughing at Void's doubt. "You have to be nice to the guy everyone once and a while." Torch was laughing his head off.

Years
Holly watched Haru and laughed. She smiled when he sat down next to her. She heard Kayla yawn and looked at her. "Are you really going to sleep now?" Kayla yawned again and nodded. "Yeah... This time I really am tired." She whistled to call Yuri over. The Lillipup yawned and walked over to her trainer. She curled up into a ball and went back to sleep. Kayla yawned again and hugged Yuri, laying down to go to sleep. Holly watched her for a second and laughed when she heard Kayla snore.

Primrose walked around bored. She looked at Rosemary and sighed when she saw her asleep next to Daisy. "I guess everybody's going to sleep now..." She looked around and smiled when she saw Jasmine. She ran up to her and giggled. "Hey there, Miss Grumpy Pants! Do you want to do something fun?" Jasmine looked at the Pichu and frowned. "Don't call me that! And no, I don't want to do anything... At least not with you." Primrose frowned and walked away from her. "You're no fun."

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Academy Hallways

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Kiyoko transformed back to his normal form & curled up beside Valorie. I was still a little shocked from Kiyoko's secret. Still, Zorua's can transform as they please. This one does a good job hiding his tail. Now, I had to figure out something about this.

Valorie explained that she battled this boy out of self-defense. This Rocket spy, I finally get to see one in person. Still, I didn't get carried away. "So, you thought it was okay to attack a student just for her Zorua? I guess Team Rocket are still the same, evil inside & out," I said coldly at the Rocket spy, glaring intimidately into his eyes. Just seeing those attack without a fair fight just sickens me, especially if they try to steal.

Mistress still couldn't wrap this whole situation around her mind. She only looked at Kiyoko. She smirked knowing she was stronger than him. Can't she think of anyone but herself?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru grinned when he saw Kayla fall asleep and start to grin. "She's something else." He laughed softly and leaned over to peck Holly on the cheek. "So it's just us..." He paused to think what he was going to say. I can't do anything embaressing. I won't mess this one up. "So...what do you want to do? I'm good with anything." He looked at Holly and smiled.

Void smiled. "Hey, do you wanna go adventuring with us? It'll be fun!" The Munchlax ran up to Primrose. He grinned and looked to the other pokemon. "What do you guys say?" Torch nodded silently, Twitch sighed and hesitated. "Sounds ok." Dutchess would've clapped her hands in happiness if she had any. "Oh goody! The more the marrier, as I always say! Do come with us!"

Years
Holly looked up at Haru and smiled. "First, we should wait for Kayla to wake up. She'll hate it if we don't do anything without her. Then maybe we could go for a walk or something..." She felt Lumina move and looked down at her. The Litwick had woken up. Holly giggled and patted Lumina on the head. "Hi there, sleepyhead!" Lumina yawned and looked at Holly. She looked around and hopped over to the other pokemon. Holly smiled again and leaned against Haru.

Primrose smiled and looked at Void. "Yay! Let's go!" She poked Rosemary and giggled. Rosemary woke up and looked at Primrose. "What is it, Prim?" She yawned and stretched. Primrose giggled and led Rosemary over to the other pokemon. "We're going on an adventure!" She turned and laughed when she saw Lumina try to come with them. "Me too! I wanna go!" Molly sighed and floated over to the other pokemon. "Sorry about her. I guess we're both going. She won't take no for an answer."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru smiled. "You are right. We should." He smiled when Holly leaned against him. He was rubbing her arm. "She seems to be the kind of person that would do that." He laughed and gave Holly a kiss on the nose. She doesn't hate me! This is the longest I've ever talked to a girl without her hitting me! He was hoping that his hands wouldn't get sweaty and clammy, as usual. He looked around and noticed that the majority of the gathered pokemon were leaving. He whispered to Holly. "I think they're going on an adventure. Are you ok with that? If anything happens, Torch and Twitch will guard them."

Void laughed. "Let's go then!" He started to march in a soldier like fashion. Dutchess was the first to fall in line, then Torch. Twitch finally joined after a minute of hesitation. Void was grinning from ear to ear. This was going to be their first adventure as a group on this island...with the exception of Geronimo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Geronimo was out in the middle of the deep forest. He was battling a Heracross, and they were crossing Fury Cutters and Slashes. "You are no match for me, puny beetle!" The Scyther insulted. "Bite me, you vile insect!" The Heracross countered. Geronimo then got a lucky Slash on the beetle, sending it staggering, then took advantage of the stunning move and finished it with a Wing Attack. "That will teach you to call me 'insect.'" He spat on the Heracross and walked off into the forest.

Years
Holly looked up at Haru and smiled. She looked at the pokemon and frowned when she saw that Lumina was going with them. She looked at Molly confused. Molly looked back at her and smiled. She looked at Lumina and then at Holly. She nodded and followed the other pokemon. Holly sighed a little and looked at Daisy. "Aren't you going?" Daisy looked at her and shook her head. Holly looked up at Haru and nodded. "Yeah... If Lumina gets into trouble, Molly will protect her."

Primrose smiled and looked at Jasmine. "Are you sure you don't want to go?" Jasmine looked at her and nodded. "Yes, I'm sure. Now go get lost in the forest or whatever it is you're doing." Primrose frowned and followed the other pokemon, with Rosemary following her. Molly and Lumina went after them. Lumina giggled and marched to the front of the line. Molly sighed and followed her. "Now don't cause any trouble, Lumina..." Lumina looked at Molly and giggled some more.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Gabriel had moved on from his target practice to perfecting his move Earthquake. He wanted to be able to control the varying power of his attack instead of leaving his move to chance with too much variability. Magnitude 10--that was his goal for each successive strike.

Using his whole body, the small croagunk threw himself at the ground and began to use Earthquake, warming himself up to the feeling of the ground shaking. His first move was weak, with only a magnitude of 2, but that was expected. He hasn't had the chance to use it in battle very often.

Again and again he used Earthquake, and with each use, the magnitude went higher. He began to plateau at magnitude 8, but by that time, the earth around him was completely churned. Huffing, the small frog took this opportunity to increase agility. He proceeded to navigate his way across the destroyed turf as fast as he could without falling, improving his coordination and reaction time.

Back on the other end of the field, Aipom had tired of using Swift at a constant rate. Skarmory had succeeded in stalling him long enough to exhaust him of his most useful move. Taking this opportunity, the steel bird used Feint, catching the small monkey off guard and landing a solid blow on his chest.

The Aipom called out in surprise when the Skarmory appeared out of the dust. He quickly recovered, only to panic when Tristen's pokemon appeared once again, using Swift against him. Out of sheer luck, the small monkey dodged the attack, but the desperation in its eyes was clear.

Tristen stood a distance from the field, her arms folded across her chest. I have a feeling this Aipom has never actually battled before. The poor thing is flailing its way around. Even so... She shifted her weight to her other leg. The white-haired girl was impressed by the way Skarmory handled itself in battle on its own, but she was also admittedly disappointed. The way she saw it, his combinations lacked originality and thus carried a sense of predictability. That's what we'll work on next. We'll focus on combination work.

Suddenly, Skarmory threw himself at the Aipom and grabbed it roughly by the tail. Shooting into the air, Skarmory took the monkey sky high, planning on using Sky Drop as the final blow to the wild pokemon. What he didn't expect however, was how flexible the Aipom was.

The Aipom had struggled enough to wriggle out of Skarmory's grip--but not before getting up decently high in the sky. He fell from the altitude and landed with a small thump on the ground, dizzy from the height and impact.

Quickly, the Skarmory dove for the ground, planning on recovering his attack and reattempting Sky Drop. However, the Aipom had had enough. He dashed desperately towards the forest, abandoning the battle. Instinctively, the steel bird began to follow the Aipom towards the mass of trees, but stopped when Tristen called out, "Keep your head, Skarmory."

He stopped abruptly in midair and looked back as his trainer. Tristen was walking towards him, flipping her hair away from her face. "The Aipom's had enough. You did well--just don't rely so heavily on instinct next time." She knocked gently on his head. "Think about what you're doing. Don't just throw around your weight."

The Skarmory landed next to her and looked in the direction the wild pokemon had taken off. He was frustrated that the battle had ended so quickly, and he promised to himself that, should they meet again, he wouldn't let his opponent get away.

Back