• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you playing B2W2 on 3DS?

You play B2W2 on...

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 112 63.3%
  • Both

Votes: 27 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Yesterday I thought of playing White 2 on my 3DS, since it could be more comfortable for me not to be switching between both consoles (DS and 3DS) every time I wanted to play a DS or 3DS game... as soon as I started White 2, I remembered why I wasn't playing any DS game on it... yes, they look quite bad and I can't stand it.

So, I'm wondering, do you play B2/W2 on your 3DS? Or you prefer doing it on DS/DSi because of the bad look of the games on 3DS?

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I'm playing White 2 on my 3DS mainly because of the Dream Radar and because I got rid of my DS after getting my 3DS.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
I started playing it on the 3ds but now I've switched back to the DSi.

I actually don't mind the way DS games look on the 3DS. I think it's fine.

But, it does bother me that DS games block the StreetPass function on the 3DS. I was recently in Japan and I wanted to leave the 3DS AND Pokemon White 2 sharing data with passers-by so I had to leave both running.

I've also found that sometimes when I put White 2 into the 3DS, sometimes the cartridge doesn't register. It doesn't seem to "fit" the 3DS properly. Anybody else had this?

My personal opinion is that Black and White 2 are really started to show how dated the current Pokemon engine is. Even my wife asked, since this is the latest game in the series, why do the Pokemon in the foreground of the battle look so rubbish. Everything the game is trying to do with zooming images, medals (i.e. trophies) and data sharing needs to step up and embrace the features of the 3DS. That's what it's there for.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm playing on the 3DS because it's all I have
But in all fairness, it's like the GBA quality on a DS. Looks good, but it's not the same.

When I get Dream Radar, that'll be my reason.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I play it on my 3DS XL, and sometimes I'm okay with the distorted resolution but most of the time I do the Start + Select trick when the game boots up to have the correct resolution.

I only use my DS Lite when I'm trading Pokemon, but I kind of want another one or a DSi because my Lite has a broken hinge and is pretty uncomfortable to play.

I'm seriously considering this one. uwu

41Y2aAXlgLL.jpg

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I play it on my 3DS XL, and sometimes I'm okay with the distorted resolution but most of the time I do the Start + Select trick when the game boots up to have the correct resolution.

I only use my DS Lite when I'm trading Pokemon, but I kind of want another one or a DSi because my Lite has a broken hinge and is pretty uncomfortable to play.

I'm seriously considering this one. uwu

41Y2aAXlgLL.jpg

You do know you can trade between a 3DS/DS/i
Right?

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
I think it looks horrible, no matter what handeld you use...
I used to play White on my DSi, then sold it, and months after I got a 3DS. I guess I forgot if it was any better, but in my perspective, they both look awful when they zoom in your pokemon...
I just tried the Start + Select trick that someone mentioned, but it just makes them tiny, yet, still horrible :p

My point is, GameFreak really *really* needs to step up with this zooming thing. All other sprites and stuff are fine IMO, specially on Black 2, all but the zoom.

`Brianna

Mahamagiha, my friends!
Years
I think it looks horrible, no matter what handeld you use...
I used to play White on my DSi, then sold it, and months after I got a 3DS. I guess I forgot if it was any better, but in my perspective, they both look awful when they zoom in your pokemon...
I just tried the Start + Select trick that someone mentioned, but it just makes them tiny, yet, still horrible :p

My point is, GameFreak really *really* needs to step up with this zooming thing. All other sprites and stuff are fine IMO, specially on Black 2, all but the zoom.

What is this start and select thing you speak of? What does it do? I am curious. :P

I mostly play it on my 3ds because it's more comfortable that my Dsi and DS lite. I sometimes switch, though, when my 3ds isn't charged and vice versa.

Years
When I get Black 2, I will be playing it on my Ice Blue DS Lite that I have used with all other Pokemon games.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
I started on the 3DS, switched to the DSi, and finally ended up on my new 3DS XL after getting it for my birthday.

Years
I actually decided on selling my DSi to a friend once I purchased my 3DS and playing White 2 on my 3DS is my only option at the moment. It does look a little different, but it doesn't bother me too much.

I've been thinking about buying another DSi (or even a DS Lite), so I'd be able to trade between my games whenever I need to, without having to use somebody else's DS. I keep deciding against it because I know that the games will eventually move to the 3DS, and the DS would then be useless to me.

And Dream Radar, for the win!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
You do know you can trade between a 3DS/DS/i
Right?

Yeah, I said I trade between my Lite and 3DS but want a new Lite because my current one is funky to play on from the broken hinge.

The 3DS XL does have a slightly longer battery life, but the previous DS systems still trump the 3DS systems as far as battery goes by a longshot. Makes it nicer to play games for long periods of time like on road trips and such.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I use my DSi! I have a 3DS, but I don't like the way DS games look on it. They look all weird, and then when you hold select to make it proportional it goes so small! So yeah, that is why is use my DSi!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Right now I am using my DSiXL. I plan on getting the 3ds xl sooner or layer,but I just don't feel like wasteing money for a new DS when I just got the IXL 2 years ago after having the first DS they came out with sense then.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I think I'm the only one here who played it on an emulator on my computer. :P The main reason of this being my DS Lite is at home and I'm not at home now. And the emulator works just as fine, but without WiFi connection. And it makes my computer throw fits, make loud angry whirring noises and crash all my open applications. Yeah. I should change my computer soon. But that's out of topic lol. ><

I want a new DS! Anything. 3DS or DSi. It would make me so very happy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I first booted it up on 3DS and I don't care for how blurry it looks at all. It looks much better on my DSi, which is what I'm using. I only put the cartridge into my 3DS when I need to transfer something from Dream Radar.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
What is this start and select thing you speak of? What does it do? I am curious. :P

I mostly play it on my 3ds because it's more comfortable that my Dsi and DS lite. I sometimes switch, though, when my 3ds isn't charged and vice versa.

It changes between "full resolution" and "original" or something of that sort... But it looks way too small when you play it that way, and the distortion "fix" is minimal. If anything, just the overworld looks sharper, but the battle looks not-so-good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back