• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music "Lover" | Taylor Swift

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
'Lover' releases on August 23rd!

Taylor_Swift_-_Lover.png

---------

9d2yv4wbuhu21.jpg

lead single from TS7 drops in four hours and this billboard accidentally confirmed the song will be called ME! featuring Brendan Urie from P!ATD

get keeeeeeen what year is it tbh

hating on things for the sake of it is shitty so if you're just coming to this thread to hate on tswift then don't lol

Last edited:
Years
I DIDN'T KNOW there was a new thing
I am now

Hype
Hddofjf so many good things coming :'))))

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
first impressions are that it feels dated back to 2014 or something
dunno whether it'll grow on me but it feels like a p!nk album cut that taylor can do better than

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I kind of really like it!!! I'm expecting it'll follow the same formula of a TS lead in that it definitely isn't as good as the rest of the album however... but Urie being involved makes me very happy (told you so josh x)

Charlie Brown

Years
but Urie being involved makes me very happy (told you so josh x)

hahaha after swifties....... hyped an entire album out of posts of 7 palm trees and 5 holes in a fence...... and were then disappointed when no album dropped on a countdown we had fabricated ourselves........ I was hesitant to believe anything :P

--

Lovelovelvoevleoveloveeeeee this song. It's so fun and happy, you can really feel how happy she is which is great. Love having Brendon Urie on this song, great duet. REALLY living my 2009 dream rn I swear. The music video is heaps of fun too, I love the french and the "in front of our kids?!?" (pans to cats) and her dresses and Brendon's suits and ajsdhf

Taylor's lead singles always (and she's said this a few times before) are chosen to catch people's attention, and to get the public warmed up to hearing more of her music, and used to usher in a new sound. e.g. Shake It Off going full pop, Look What You Made Me Do leaving people like wtf, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together being much more poppy than Speak Now... they do well on radio but are normally not a good representation of the rest of her album. So I'm not worried @ the lack of lyrical prowess on this single bc I know that's not its job and that the rest of the album will deliver, as the previous ones have.

THAT SAID, spelling is fun

Also -- I'm so ready for the album to have a Dixie Chicks duet:
- in one of her articles for Elle magazine, Taylor specifically mentioned a Panic! song and a Dixie Chicks song as those that transport her to memories. And now that she's dueted with Brendon......
- in the mv among all the photos of cool chicks there's a photo which definitely resembles the Dixie Chicks.....

which mades me believe we're going to get a more country album which I am SO here for

Also while i continue with the word vomit, I was really getting disco vibes from her insta feed the last 2 months, just didn't expect those disco vibes would lead to panic! at the disco heh

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
This song is so fun and cute!! It's not her best song, but her lead singles are never really good. I remember not everyone like Shake It Off when it came out or Look What You Made Me Do, but both 1989 and Reputation ended up being two of the best albums. I think some people need to let it grow on them.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
It's decent (I hate the inclusion of Brendon though). Sadly to me the song itself has been overshadowed by all of the desperate antics used by Taylor's label and her fans to get the song to #1 on the BB100, which is even more amusing since OTR might block it regardless of all the gimmicks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
/late

song is OK but video is great.

also love me some Brendan Urie.

Years
I find the song pretty boring. Even ignoring my flat dislike of almost everything Taylor Swift releases, the whole way through it just sounds like Brendan was phoning it in.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i'm not a big taylor fan lol i know that's not the way you want this post to start but like i just have to make that preface. this song? just kind of happened? like it's already slipping on the charts and it's not BIG and boisterous for a lead single off an upcoming album, especially for taylor. i know i shouldn't compare and this is probably just a precursor for what's yet to come, but it just doesn't have the oomph and personality her other lead singles have. whether you enjoy her music or not, you can't deny that her singles have people talking. i haven't heard a damn thing about this one. just kind of surprising to have a taylor song go largely under the radar.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
i think its safe to say it was kinda just a flop. all the failed marketing gimmicks aside, its just not a very good song. it sounds outdated and i remember someone saying it sounds overproduced and undercooked at the same which ya is definitely how id describe it. the lyrics are literally so bad lol (sPeLlInG iS fUn KiDs!!!!!!), the hook is lazy and is barely there. it sounds like no one really tried cause she thought itd reach #1 anyways, and look how that went 🍵🍵🍵

Years
I LOVE Taylor Swift very much and I must say I was completely disappointed by this single. It sounds like the theme song for some happy-go-lucky cartoon, it's peculiar in all the wrong ways. I just can't take it seriously.

I am very excited for her album, though! I ADORED Reputation so I have high hopes!

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

Years
You Need To Calm Down is such a bop and omg what an iconic mv

A few thoughts:
  • I do wish the cameos were a bit longer but omg so many of them!!! So good
  • Drinking tea with the fab five was brilliant haha
  • Ellen getting a tattoo of 'Cruel Summer', surely another single title
  • Drag queens as pop queens was pretty clever! Pop queens confirmed to be Ari, Lady Gaga, Adele, Cardi, Taylor, Beyonce, Katy and Nicki. Sorry Rihanna rip
  • THE KATY CAMEO i'm dead. we all saw it coming but ashjdkfhaksjdf so wholesome, I'm so glad they've made up

And because I forgot to update the thread last week, let's repurpose this thread to be a hype thread for Taylor's 7th studio album, Lover, coming out on August 23rd.

Taylor_Swift_-_Lover.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Very excited for this album!!! But that's basically me every album since 1989 lmao. I wonder if there will actually be a Katy collab there? After all, there's 18 standard edition songs?! So surely so. This is her Roman Reloaded.

Charlie Brown

Years
Less than 24 hours until release and sooooo keen

The pre-release tracks have only gotten better and better.

"The Archer" was oof so vulnerable, probably one of her most vulnerable songs. That ending just makes you want more and I reckon it's gonna connect so well with the next song on the album. I really dig the kind of "unfinished" vibe of it, it feels very apt for the song given its content. She's 'getting ready for combat' and doesn't have time to polish things because she's just gotta get ready to fight and then -- the song ends

"Lover" (title track) is suuuuuch a good tune. It's so great that Taylor can finally write about the love she's always wanted to have. Such a gorgeous tune with probably one of her best bridges ever which is def saying something I reckon. I can't wait for the mv for this to drop in a few hours!! In the secret message of 'Love Story' Taylor wrote that she hoped she'd have a love like this -- I think it's clear that she's finally got that and alskdhf

Sooooo keen for the full album in a few hours!! It'll be tough to sell upwards of 1m copies in the US again especially since it's going straight on streaming platforms this time, but I reckon she can do it.

(PLUS as an aside -- she said she'll be re-recording her songs from her first 5 albums from Nov 2020 WEWWWWW)

Years

ok but this music video was so cute!!!!!!

I'm listening to the album in full right now (i listened to maybe half last night before i had to go to sleep) and i really love it! will be deciding on favorite track after listening to it a few times.

Back