• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RU Team

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
So, I'm extremely new to the metagame. Completely fresh almost. I've been tampering with teams and whatnot but I of course still have my issues. I've found my favorite tier to be RU, and would really love some help/advice/rating of my current team.
If any suggestions include replacing members of it (which I'm completely open to), I ask that you keep Nidoqueen, though. <3 She's my fave in the entire tier, and I'm not particularly set in stone on her current move set, so any changes or suggestions there are more than welcomed, I just want her to stay.
Anywho, here's my team:

031.gif

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Sheerforce
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest
- Earthpower
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

310.gif

Manetric @ Choice Specs
Lightningrod
4 Def/252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- HP - Grass
- Volt Switch

480.gif

Uxie @ Leftovers
Levitate
252 HP/ 160 Def/ 96 Spe
Bold
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Yawn
- U-turn

475.gif

Gallade @ Lum Berry
Justified
200 HP/ 252 Atk/ 52 Spe
Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Sneak

615.gif

Cryogonal @ Icicle plate
Levitate
64 HP/ 252 SpD/ 192 Spe
Timid
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- HP - Fire

442.gif

Spiritomb @ Blackglasses
Pressure
248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 SpD
Adamant
- Will-O-Wisp
- Suckerpunch
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It seems that you're using a bulky spread on Gallade; Drain Punch is the better option over Close Combat because the defense drops are detriments on bulky 'mons (except for Hitmontop, but that's another story). CC is better suited on offensive Gallade, IMO.

Also for Spiritomb, why aren't you investing in Attack if it's Adamant? EV spread should be 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It seems that you're using a bulky spread on Gallade; Drain Punch is the better option over Close Combat because the defense drops are detriments on bulky 'mons (except for Hitmontop, but that's another story). CC is better suited on offensive Gallade, IMO.

Also for Spiritomb, why aren't you investing in Attack if it's Adamant? EV spread should be 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef.

Omg, I actually have it with Drain Punch, but my stupid brain processed it as Close Combat. xD

And to be completely honest, I just saw some Pokemon sets I thought might work together and threw them in a team. :c
Which explains the Spiritomb.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've faced your team before, sooo mind if I give some suggestions? :3

You don't need Stealth Rock on Nidoqueen if you have Stealth Rock on Uxie. :[ Uxie seems to be your go-to pokemon for Stealth Rock anyway, soooo how about you try Ice Beam instead? Ice Beam hits Dragon-types very hard, OHKOing max HP Druddigon after Stealth Rock, Altaria and Fraxure unconditionally, and 2HKOing Dragonair. Or, you can try Sludge Wave, in which it sort of eases prediction, as in, you can follow up with a coverage move to 2HKO something. For example, Slowking can be 2HKOed with a combination of Sludge Wave and Thunderbolt.

Now, you seem to be in favor for all out attacking for this team. Why not try something like.. Dual Screens, or utilizing Spikes? That way, you can add pressure for your opponent, as you continue your offensive pivots.

Hope that helps. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It does help, a lot.
I have such a hard time with Dragon types, so I think I may go with Ice Beam and see from there. c:
And I may even switch it every now and then for a Sludge Wave and see which I like the most, but I didn't even consider those two, honestly, so thank you! c:
What Pokemon would you recommend if I were to use a Dual Screen or Spikes method? o3o

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, Uxie and Mesprit do a good job of setting up Dual Screens. :3 They can even use SR and U-turn to your first offensive pivot. For Spikes, you can try Ferroseed, because thanks to Eviolite and its excellent typing, Ferroseed is a fantastic team supporter. It can tank those Water, Electric, and Grass type attacks - especially water attacks for your Nidoqueen.

Some suggestions for ya. ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
031.gif

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Sheerforce
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest
- Earthpower
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

199.gif

Slowking @ Leftovers
Regenerator
248 HP/144 Def/ 116 SpD
Calm
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

480.gif

Uxie @ Light Clay
Levitate
252 HP/ 160 Def/ 96 Spe
Bold
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- U-turn

597.gif

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Iron Barbs
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Def
Impish
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Seed Bomb
- Protect

615.gif

Cryogonal @ Icicle plate
Levitate
64 HP/ 252 SpD/ 192 Spe
Timid
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- HP - Fire

442.gif

Spiritomb @ Blackglasses
Pressure
248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 SpD
Adamant
- Will-O-Wisp
- Suckerpunch
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Ok, so made some alterations to my team now. c:
Anything else anyone can think of to help with?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You miiiight want to watch out for LO Magmortar - It has the power of OHKOing - 2HKOing your party after stealth rock, unless you have screens up. But to be fair, not much things in RU can legitimately "counter" Magmortar anyway.

What you can try to do, have your Uxie use 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Jolly Nature, so that you can set up a Light Screen before Magmortar attacks. Plus, having more speed on Uxie would decrease it's chances on being taunted on the first turn by slower users.

And you know what - with your screens, I'd try something that can set-up, you know? Powerful offensive Pokemon such as Swords Dance Gallade, Belly Drum Linoone, and Shift Gear Klinklang pair very well with Uxie! Plus, they have good synergy together.

Hope this helps~ ^^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It also seems to me that you're using offensive Cryogonal, so it's better to max out its Special Attack rather than Special Defense.

And like Doronjo said, Dual Screen Uxie needs speed more than defenses so it can get its screens up faster.

Back