• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battlefield 4 Now Available!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
bf4_500x300.jpg

Battlefield 4 has just been released today in North America, for Windows, PlayStation 3, and the Xbox 360. In Japan, Australia, Europe, New Zealand, and other parts of the world, it'll be released throughout November. In November, Battlefield 4 will also be made available to next-generation consoles—Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This is the direct follow-up to Battlefield 3, and features tons of improvements in sound, picture, and gameplay.

Those who live in the US, have any of you gotten a hold of this game yet? If not, then are you planning to? When are you going to get it, and for which console? Additionally, have you played its predecessor, BF 3? How well did you enjoy it? Have you been able to play any other BF games?

I haven't bought this game yet, but I definitely will, though! I've seen a few trailers of it, and it looked simply fantastic. (: The last Battlefield game I've ever played was BF 2, which was released eight years ago—nearly a decade. Personally, I found it to be very fun, but after being introduced to Call of Duty, I eventually started to lose my interest. CoD's gameplay was pretty fast-paced, which was easy to adapt to. Once I got used to it, it was a little difficult for me to switch back to the ways of Battlefield. When I do get Battlefield 4, I'm not exactly sure how well I'll be enjoying it, but we'll see!

Last edited:

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
They've really destroyed the feel of Battlefield, if I wanted to buy CoD, I'd buy it. After BF:BC2 everything went down hill honestly. Glad that was the last BF purchase I made.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Just wondering for people that own the game, how is the online multiplayer? I read that the single player story sucked.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Just wondering for people that own the game, how is the online multiplayer? I read that the single player story sucked.

I was in the alpha and beta testing, but I didn't purchase the full game. It's pretty much the exact same as Battlefield 3, just new themes and weird ass guns. But somehow it has more of a 'run and gun' feel than an actual tactical game like how Battlefield used to be. Doesn't feel like it's worth $60 in my opinion.

Alot of minor things bug me. Like how the US's uniform's resemble the Army's MultiCam uniform, yet they still use a Marine Corps ranking system, ruins the immersion for me lol. The destruction in-game feels static. But, I do like how they actually use MRAPS and MATVS now. HMMWVs are obsolete.

Last edited:

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
It feels different from Battlefield 3..BF3 was more about locking down objectives to stop enemies from taking them, while BF4's rush rush rush...

I didn't really like the beta, Siege of Shanghai was a bleak and empty map imo, but the full game better have good maps.

Last edited:

TY

Im probably not gonna get BF4, it just doesnt seem to impress me atm.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
My brother played it. Seems like they released it with many bugs.
Also, I read something about it. Frostbite 3 system that they used made the graphics a little horrible. While BF3 had a better graphics, since they used Frostbite 4 system. It's just a little odd releasing the game with many glitches. A Patch maybe announce soon.

Empire

Lurking since 2008
Years
It's incredibly buggy at the moment, but it will be a good game once they iron out the bugs.

Kinda disappointed that they released it when it seems 'unfinished' though.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
It's incredibly buggy at the moment, but it will be a good game once they iron out the bugs.

Kinda disappointed that they released it when it seems 'unfinished' though.
I hope that the losing unused ammo upon reloading isn't a bug. That's one thing I was glad to hear about this game.

Years
I played the beta on 360 because my disc drive was broke so I had to play something while I waited for my Gold to run out. It was alright, but the map seemed really bland. Everything was too white and the textures didn't look nice, it just seemed not very detailed at all.

I think out of pure lack of choice from the launch titles for PS4 I will end up purchasing it, but I don't think I'd buy it if I was going to be continuing with current gen.

Despite my pessimism, BF:BC2 was one of my favourite games on 360 so I should enjoy this to some extent.

Back