• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Please forgive me if this question's been asked a hundred times, but--does this game have a Move Tutor? I just evolved a high-level Magikarp to Gyarados with the Rare Candy I'd been saving; but the thing still has a terrible, Magikarp-ish moveset. Somehow, I need to get her learning decent attacks before my next face-off with Team Steam! (I'm currently on Imatari Island, hunting the Orb thieves down.)
Give it some time by leveling it up and eventually it will learn some decent move. Also which place are you currently in LP?

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I have just defeated the Team Steam admins on Imatari Island, although winning the battle was a VERY close call. By now I've woken up in the house near Seanport Port (a clunky translation, IMO; I would've said "Seanport Harbor"). There seems to be no way out of the city without a Ticket...an item which I have no idea how to get; could someone help me again, please?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have just defeated the Team Steam admins on Imatari Island, although winning the battle was a VERY close call. By now I've woken up in the house near Seanport Port (a clunky translation, IMO; I would've said "Seanport Harbor"). There seems to be no way out of the city without a Ticket...an item which I have no idea how to get; could someone help me again, please?
After waking up, head up to the lighthouse. Go upstairs. There's the Gym Leader. He leaves. You can figure out the rest, I believe. :)

Cyclone

Years
If you have beaten the gym leader than leave the city from South-East way. That is where the PokeCenter of the city is

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
it just clicked for me what is being attempted. The ship is not a way out of Seanport. You stay on the land. Go southeast like you came into the city from the southwest.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2014
Please help! I got Pokemon Light Platinum two days ago, and it worked just fine. I saved and closed it on the first night, and the next day it was working. But when I did that again last night, I lost all my save files!

P.S. I'm new to this forum... I signed up a long time ago, but I never did anything

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Please help! I got Pokemon Light Platinum two days ago, and it worked just fine. I saved and closed it on the first night, and the next day it was working. But when I did that again last night, I lost all my save files!

P.S. I'm new to this forum... I signed up a long time ago, but I never did anything
It sounds like you deleted your .sav file in the folder. Were you tinkering in your emulator's folder? Check the Recycle Bin for TITLE.sav (where TITLE is the name of the GBA file, for instance, Pokémon Light Platinum.sav). Move it back to the emulator folder, and all should be well.

Otherwise, you have to start a new game. Or there's some bug I don't know about.

Cyclone

Years

There is still a chance that you can play from where you left off. You know there are two save methods if you play the hack on VBA. One is the in game save i-e you get a .sav file after saving through it. Other is the save option VBA offers i-e the .sgm file. Let us hope you have at least one of them.... If you have then which one you could still see in the hack's folder?

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2014
It sounds like you deleted your .sav file in the folder. Were you tinkering in your emulator's folder? Check the Recycle Bin for TITLE.sav (where TITLE is the name of the GBA file, for instance, Pokémon Light Platinum.sav). Move it back to the emulator folder, and all should be well.

Otherwise, you have to start a new game. Or there's some bug I don't know about.

Cyclone

I didn't do anything to the game files

Sorry, I don't know how to quote multiple responses in one reply.

(alienhunterx) I have both of them in my folder.

I guess Ash is right, it must be a bug. I just started over and I've already beat the Zhery League, so it doesn't really matter to me anymore :)

Thanks and sorry if I broke any rules while posting this.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Where do I find a Carvanha? And when/where do I get a ticket for the ship at Seanport?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

I have already finish the game last year but there is a bug in Lauren region I can't fly somewhere.. Is there any bug fixed patched file on gpsphone because i use iPod touch 4g iOS 5.1.1

Years
I didn't do anything to the game files

Sorry, I don't know how to quote multiple responses in one reply.

(alienhunterx) I have both of them in my folder.

I guess Ash is right, it must be a bug. I just started over and I've already beat the Zhery League, so it doesn't really matter to me anymore :)

Thanks and sorry if I broke any rules while posting this.
Then delete the .sgm file and patch your ROM with a clean Ruby File again and rename the newest patch same as that .sav file of yours. Check whether this helped or not???

I have already finish the game last year but there is a bug in Lauren region I can't fly somewhere.. Is there any bug fixed patched file on gpsphone because i use iPod touch 4g iOS 5.1.1
Yes this is already known. Due to the maximum number of Flying spots filled, some areas of lauren cannot be accessed by flying. It is not a bug anyways.. You have to travel by other sources to get there

Last edited:

psyciceman

Friendly Neighbourhood Psycho
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I'm gonna leave this here as help for anyone who may have issues with the hack being in Portuguese even with the English IPS, there is a Ruby ROM on 4shared that is actually a Light Platinum ROM in Portuguese (and presumably an old version) and using the IPS on that ROM will do nothing.
Check your Ruby ROM before you patch to make sure.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
I have a question, If i defeat any pokemon it'll give me it's respective ev point?

For example If I defeat a pidgey it will give me a speed ev point or it'll give me another ev point I want to know to begin to play this game in the correct form training a good team

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a question, If i defeat any pokemon it'll give me it's respective ev point?

For example If I defeat a pidgey it will give me a speed ev point or it'll give me another ev point I want to know to begin to play this game in the correct form training a good team
It works for those Pokemon who were originally in the ROM.
It doesn't work for 4th and 5th generation Pokemon who give EV points according to Pokemon they replaced and who has the original ROM data.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and it seems amazing.
I've been playing pkmn light platinum on my iPhone for a while now ( english version ), but i've read around that a 1.1 version is available, and it contains important fixes and new stuff. How can i find out if my version is the latest? is it really important to have the 1.1 version?
I'm currently struggling to beat the first League, trying to level up my pkmns..
Thanks in advance
Marco ( sorry for my english )

Back