• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary beast vs Legendary Birds

Which Legendary group do you prefer?

• Total voters

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Some say Legendary best, some dogs. But doesn't matter!
I've been making drawings of this legendary beast many times before. But I never manage to tell which one that I'd love more. Also, I've been making Signatures of Legendary birds last year. Never really know which one I like either. But I've been thinking which legendary group is better?

Would it be the Legendary Beast?
- Entei
- Suicune
- Raikou

or would it be the Legendary Birds?
- Moltres
- Articuno
- Zapdos

Which group do you prefer and why?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
There is a thread about this already, but it's juuuuust a day from being considered "dead" in PC terms. So okay, let's use this new one instead ;)

I prefer the legendary beasts of Johto better. Generally I like their design better, and I guess I also like that they aren't flying even though I can't really explain why. Raikou is my favorite, it looks great.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
Well.. That would be Legendary Beast!
I like Suicune. Looks strong and has a great design.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When it comes to anime, I would have to say the birds are better. They have wings, so they're able to fly anywhere without any sort of limitations. :) Plus, thanks to their wings, they would be able to fly and dodge any attacks that opponents throw at them quite easily. Out of the three birds, my favorite would have to be Zapdos. I love the way how its feathers are all spiky, haha. In-game though, the dogs are better. Unlike the legendary birds, these dogs have a single typing, which helps to keep their weaknesses at a minimum. My favorite legendary dog is Suicune. I'm a huge fan of its beauty and elegance. It's got extremely high defenses, which I'm also a big fan of. With its defensive stats, it would be able to endure any moves that the opponent executes on it—even the most highly powerful ones such as Hyper Beam, Frenzy Plant, Explosion, Solarbeam, Zap Cannon, and Draco Meteor.

Sirfetch’d

While my favorite of all 6 is Articuno which obviously is one of the birds, I am going to have to say that I like the Beasts better as a unit because I find all 3 so wonderful and majestic. I remember hunting these elusive creatures down in GSC and I have been in love ever since. I always use these on my competitive teams because I find them all to be so powerful and such great assets. I just feel as these are better than the birds because I find Moltres underwhelming and Zapdos is just ok.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
This was a hard decision because I really like the designs of all 6 of them. Putting other factors into my decision, the Beasts each have their own battle theme in HG/SS whereas the Birds don't even have a special battle theme (unless you count X/Y's remix, which is also shared with Mewtwo). So there's a point for the Beasts. The Power of One was better than Spell of the Unown imo, but Zoroark: Master of Illusions was really good... I'll give the point to the Birds because I liked The Power of One more than the other two movies. In general, I like birds more than beasts, so my final and winning point goes to the Birds.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I like the bird's designs better and that they're more treated as legendaries (imo) and also that they are pretty cool and sometimes a better mix than the beasts. The beasts have their own glory as well, I'm not swatting that out, but in personal preference I feel the birds' designs stand out more.

Years
Even if it's just because of Articuno, the legendary birds are still my favorites compared to the beasts. Not only does Articuno have one of the cooler looking designs and an interesting home in the Seafoam Islands, but being able to learn Mind Reader and Sheer Cold is anything but fair (but I still love it either way!).

I was never a big fan of Raikou, Suicune or Moltres, but even then, that means the birds outnumber the beasts 2-1 in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I like the beasts slightly more due to the pretty cool background behind them and I rarely had as much trouble catching any other Pokémon when compared to them to this day.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Legendary birds looks better in the Anime. But only in the Anime!
I think the legendary beast looks much better anyways. So I prefer Legendary beast.
Besides my favorite Pokemon is Raikou but not its type. Makes it weirder. lol

TrinityLovesPokemon

TrinityLovesPokemon
Years
Legendary beasts because I love dogs! They're also not all the same type *Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos are all flying types I THINK* Their designs are also cool!

Back