• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Very nice! This game looks great, and I especially like how you took everything from the original game, and made it different. This game has a great deal of originality, and it doesn't matter if all of the sprites look odd, because it's original. I also like how all of the tiles are different, and your style is quite shiny.

Good luck with this awesome game, blueguy! ^^

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
The game looks very promising at this stage and your maps stand out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2010
IS this game available for download.. or like a playable demo of what youve done so far =)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
IS this game available for download.. or like a playable demo of what youve done so far =)
No, there is no playable demo available for Pokémon Grey as of yet.
If there was, there's a large chance that it would say on the first page.

By the way, blueguy, are you going to be showing us some screenshots of what Grey looks like in the daytime (the outside)? You've only showed screenshots of the night, which make them a little less appealing, but they're still very appealing nonetheless.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013

Nope, not yet! So far, there's about 15-20 minutes of gameplay finished. I'm going to be releasing a demo when I've finished up to the first gym. It seems like the standard. ;D

Very nice! This game looks great, and I especially like how you took everything from the original game, and made it different. This game has a great deal of originality, and it doesn't matter if all of the sprites look odd, because it's original. I also like how all of the tiles are different, and your style is quite shiny.

Good luck with this awesome game, blueguy! ^^

Thanks a lot! :) Shininess rules. ;P And just cause you asked about daytime, I decided to post a few more screenshots. It's mostly me just being a night owl, when I post night-time screens. XD

screenshots2.png

I've been sketching more new Pokémon, and I came up with one I really, really like. Sorry to be a tease, but I'll be posting stuff as soon as it's done.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Oh so that's the garden you were talking about!
It's a nce little spin on the safari zone!
But the fr tree, it looks really akward with those palettes, I suggest you edit the tree a bit.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Whoa... Your new PokeMart/Pokemon Center tiles are just beautiful, they fit the games style just perfectly...

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Awesome! The tiles give a very colorful and bright feeling to the game, and they're beautiful! Just one thing, though. You should make the outline for your tree's upper area a bit brighter, because it looks very odd.

Your Pokémon Center and Mart tiles (inside and out) are great, too. I really like the light shining out of them.

I can't wait to see the new Pokémon designs, and I guess to play this game.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Awesome! The tiles give a very colorful and bright feeling to the game, and they're beautiful! Just one thing, though. You should make the outline for your tree's upper area a bit brighter, because it looks very odd.

Your Pokémon Center and Mart tiles (inside and out) are great, too. I really like the light shining out of them.

I can't wait to see the new Pokémon designs, and I guess to play this game.

That's the way I want it to feel! Colorful! But the next part of the game I'm working on is going to be darker. I've been working on the woods. I created an original piece of music in Mario Paint for it. XD Also, I made really big pine trees for the forest. They look cool! I can't wait to show them off.

I agree with you about the trees, so I've lightened the outline at the top. ;D

EDIT: No one's gonna see this, since my thread's way at the bottom (no one hearts me T_T ), but in my next update, I plan to show you the region map, with all the names/places of interest, as well as a new region name. Also, I really don't like Arcticub, and I really want to improve the quality of my Pokémon, so I made a completely new one today! It's so cute! I want to have it on my team... And the name is a lot better! I can't wait to show you guys.

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I've been trying very hard to brainstorm some new Pokémon lately. I decided I really didn't like Arcticub, so here's the new Water Starter. It's Brelaphant! I love it so much. :3 I just look at it and want to hug it and put it on my team. Okay, nerd moment over. ;D I hope you guys like it too. I think it's one of my best designs so far. Hopefully, I'm getting better.

brella2.png

I would really appreciate any comments, or opinions you guys have! Thanks. Later! ;P

Last edited:

Likewise

Bye.
Years
It takes a lot to make me say this, so be proud.
It's so CUTE!
Alright, my only complaint is that, the blue makes it look a lot like phanpy, oh and I have an idea for the sprite that will make it look less like phanpy, make its trunk out stretched and curved upwards blowing out water and it's looking upwards.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
It takes a lot to make me say this, so be proud.
It's so CUTE!
Alright, my only complaint is that, the blue makes it look a lot like phanpy, oh and I have an idea for the sprite that will make it look less like phanpy, make its trunk out stretched and curved upwards blowing out water and it's looking upwards.

Thanks. ;D Then I'm very proud! Omigod, you have 666 posts! : O But, uh, yeah, for Brelaphant, that's a cool idea for the sprite! I'll just have to see how well I'll pull it off. Although, if its trunk were blowing bubbles it wouldn't be in the spiral shape... Hmm... *thinks*

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Wow that looks so adorable!
I can't wait to see what it evovles into.
I bet the 3rd evolution will look kinda tough instead of cute.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Wow that looks so adorable!
I can't wait to see what it evovles into.
I bet the 3rd evolution will look kinda tough instead of cute.

Thanks! :) As it evolves, I plan for it to have very threatening tusks. It'll be a pretty large Pokémon in its final stages too. I'm still considering whether it will have a second type.

That thing is so freakishly cute! I just... want... to SQUEEZE it!!! Great job blue.

:) Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Wow, that's pretty cool. However, there's two problems I can see.
Change the tail; it's identical to Squirtle's.
The head is too far to the right compared to the body, which makes it look really strange; move it to the left by quite a bit.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Wow, that's pretty cool. However, there's two problems I can see.
Change the tail; it's identical to Squirtle's.
The head is too far to the right compared to the body, which makes it look really strange; move it to the left by quite a bit.

Thanks! You know, you're right. I've shifted its body over a bit more in the sprite. As for the tail, I do realize it's pretty much a smaller version of Squirtle's. XD I like it though! But I think I'm going to change it too. Thank you for your opinions. ;D I'll update the art soon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2009
Hm, I can understand you not wanting Articub to be a starter because it looks like an ice type, but are you going to get rid of it altogether? It's the best looking fakemon I've seen in my extremely short time on these boards

And great game so far, keep up the good work

Oh and I'm not a huge fan of the elephant's trunk. I think maybe a regular trunk would look better as opposed to the spiraling one

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Hm, I can understand you not wanting Articub to be a starter because it looks like an ice type, but are you going to get rid of it altogether? It's the best looking fakemon I've seen in my extremely short time on these boards

And great game so far, keep up the good work

Oh and I'm not a huge fan of the elephant's trunk. I think maybe a regular trunk would look better as opposed to the spiraling one

That's a nice compliment. I dunno if it's necessarily true. ;D I think Arcticub wasn't one of my best sprites or designs. I still like the idea of a polar bear Pokémon though. And yeah, when you think of "polar bear" you don't think of Water-type really.

As for Brelaphant's trunk, it's staying. ;P That's what makes it unique!

Thanks! :) I'll probably be posting a screen with Brelaphant's sprite tonight, and I'd like to show my region map too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back