• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Three Hitmons

Which Hitmon do you prefer?

• Hitmonlee

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Hitmontop

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
106.gif
107.gif
237.gif

Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop.

Hitmonlee is a kicking-based Fighting-type, Hitmonchan is a punching-based Fighting type and Hitmontop is a spinning-based Fighting-type. All of them evolve from Tyrogue by fulfilling different stat requirements:

Hitmonlee if his Attack is higher than its Defense.
Hitmonchan if his Defense is higher than its Attack.
Hitmontop if his Attack and Defense are the same.

Which of the three Hitmons do you prefer? Which do you think is most useful in battle and the most reliable? Why do you think so? Add in anything else that you feel appropriate!

Discuss!

Years
I've always been a fan of Hitmonchan compared to the other two, partially because of its design, and partially because of its moveset (including the elemental punches, like Sajmon said). It was also my second most sought after card in the TCG when the Base Set first came out, yet to this day I never managed to get one.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
Hitmonlee is my favourite.
Hitmontop is the most useful though

Years
As far as usability go hitmonchan because he can learn the elemental punches. As far as design goes though i like hitmontop the most. As for hitmonlee its a good pokemon too i just like hitmonchan more.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Based on design, I prefer Hitmonlee. But, as previously mentioned, Hitmonchan's elemental punch moves are ideal.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It was also my second most sought after card in the TCG when the Base Set first came out, yet to this day I never managed to get one.
Somehow, I have four. Hitmonchan is one of the main Pokemon of my deck. Which is one reason why I like him more. Ever since I played the TCG and won so many matches with Hitmonchan, he's been my favorite of the Hitmons.

It wasn't until a recent playthrough of Crystal that I actually used one in game, and again Hitmonchan proved to be really useful. I'm not sure how I ever would have gotten through the game without his ability to learn the elemental punches and be really amazing.

Never used the other two (yet) but Hitmonchan has just proved himself to be reliable, so I'm going to stick with him.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Digimooooon... I mean whut

I always liked Hitmonlee better. I don't really have much of a reason other than the fact that it specializes in kicking :P

Years
It's Hitmonchan, for me- I just like that he learns the elemental punches on his own, it helps him cover a lot of bases and that's something I like. I've never actively used ANY of the Hitmons in a team, though.. While I like that Hitmonlee's generally better for attacking, I find that whenever I'm facing one, he always relies a lot on Hi Jump Kick, which.. I don't really like. As for Hitmontop, I don't really like it much at all, it's always seemed a little but unnecessary to me.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Hitmonlee. It's better than Hitmontop and Hitmonchan.
Hitmonchan isn't really that good. Hitmontop is... ok. But Hitmonlee is better.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
I've been a fan of Hitmonlee. One time on emulator I finished Pokémon Gold using only the Hitmons (+ HM slaves). Hitmonlee was by far my strongest Pokémon.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
the only Hitmon I have been a fan of is Himontop because It was a gaint spinning top pokemon, plus it was based after anyone like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee were.

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Hitmontop is the coolest! I think Lee is the least useful.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hitmonlee has always been my favorite, i just love his design and his stretchy legs :D
Although Hitmonchan might be the most useful one for learning the elemental punches

Back