• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey, I'm rather interested in joining this rp however I have a couple questions regarding the setting while I brainstorm a character idea.

With pokemon training losing it's popularity, what kind of social status do pokemon trainers hold in your setting? For example if a Gym leader walked into a public area outside of their home town, is it likely they would be recognized? How about if our trainers managed to get 5 or 6 gym badges and then told a few people about it, would they generally be impressed or would they get a uninterested response at best?

As for the second question, do you mind if I make a character native to the region? If so could I get the name of a port town/city?

Last edited:

LycanAnimates

Kept fueled by Calamari Inkantation remixes.
Years
I know I'm NOT the boss of this RP, but I'll TRY to answer your questions since I'm just that nice.

To answer your 1st question: It kinda depends on the person/people in town. I mean, if the town is really big fan of the Pokémon League, and, let's say, a 3 time winner of the Pokémon League Conference is walking around town, then yeah. He will most likely get recognized. But if the town isn't interested in the Pokemon League, and more interested in books, and there's, yet again, the same 3 time winner, walking around, then he'll most likely not get recognized at all.

To answer your 2nd question: Uh...… yeah. I'm pretty sure you can....possibly.

Years
(tried posting this reply - it didn't work but it comes out as a double-post I'll delete this one)

Hey, I'm rather interested in joining this rp however I have a couple questions regarding the setting while I brainstorm a character idea.

With pokemon training losing it's popularity, what kind of social status do pokemon trainers hold in your setting? For example if a Gym leader walked into a public area outside of their home town, is it likely they would be recognized? How about if our trainers managed to get 5 or 6 gym badges and then told a few people about it, would they generally be impressed or would they get a uninterested response at best?

As for the second question, do you mind if I make a character native to the region? If so could I get the name of a port town/city?

No worries, all these questions are perfectly valid:

In terms of social status, most people are fairly indifferent to trainers, mostly because of there are other forms of entertainment out there in Kinyo (e.g. baseball, contests) that people believe are more interesting than battling. In terms of being recognised, the Champion would probably be the only one universally recognised across the region, while Gym Leaders wouldn't be outside of the city they run their gym in, and even then, it's more because of the societal responsibilities being Champion and Gym Leader play, rather than battle prowess. People would only mostly be impressed if you showed them that you beat the local gym, or if you have a full set of 8 badges.

Also, yes making them native to the region is perfectly cool! Here's a list of all the towns and cities, just send a message about one you're interested in and I'll let you know more about it:

Spoiler:

Years
Here's my own sign-up, by the way:

Freya Lundgren
Appearance:
Standing confidently at 5'8", Freya is a tallish girl with a slim build. She has fair skin accompanied by delicate features, contrasted by her long messy brown hair, which seems to jut out in every direction, and similarly brown eyes. She was well-defined eyebrows hidden beneath her fringe and small nose, which further complements her large eyes.

Freya's fashion sense can best be described as simplistic. For the most part, she usually wears a combination of a halter top and a pair of denim shorts, with a pair of loafers at her feet to match. Over her shoulder lies a yellow bag, only really packed with necessities, such as Pokéballs, food, and some extra sets of clothes. When the weather gets cold, Freya dons a pair of stockings and a white jacket to keep herself warm.
History:
Freya is an exchange student from Kalos. Born in Lumiose City, Freya grew up in the bustling environment of Kalos' biggest city, living in an apartment with her parents and her older sister Ingrid. Freya aspired to follow the footsteps of Ingrid, who, five years older than her, was becoming a professional Pokémon trainer. For Freya's 14th birthday, her sister even brought home a Fennekin, and so Freya's ambition to become a trainer blossomed. She joined Lumiose City's famed Battle Institute, aiming to develop the basics in battling and training Pokémon.

As both her parents are Pokécologists, they often left Freya at home with Ingrid when they were required to travel around Kalos, surveying what kinds of Pokémon lived around the region. As a result, Freya quickly became an independent girl, equipped with the necessary life skills for adventuring. Thus, when the opportunity to study in and explore Kinyo for a year showed itself, Freya seized the opportunity.

That said, arriving in such an unfamiliar place was overwhelming at first. It took time for Freya to adjust to her new, quieter settings, though she was lucky to be looked after by a host family, and always had her Fennekin for company anyway.

However, most of her time in Kinyo has now passed. Officially a fledgling trainer, Freya sets out to explore Kinyo with the limited time she has left in the region, hoping to make as many long-lasting memories as possible.
Interests/Aspirations/Motives:
Freya enjoys the thrill of exploration. The idea of travelling through Kinyo, being surrounded by its culture and encountering all sorts of different Pokémon appealed to Freya greatly, and she believes that Pokémon training is the best way to fulfil her desires to explore the world. As she grew up in the city, Freya finds the great outdoors riveting, finding activities such as hiking, camping and spelunking exhilarating. She's the adventurous type, always wanting to climb the tallest mountains and delve down into the deepest caves, even if it's a little dangerous.

Freya's greatest inspirations are her sister and the Kalos Champion, Diantha. Growing up, Ingrid and Freya would often watch Diantha battle against challengers on television, consistently showcasing her prowess in battle and her Pokémon's abilities. Diantha also made battling quite the spectacle, often incorporating her movie-industry experience and making battles seem more like a performance.

Ingrid soon set-off around Kalos, training and challenging the various gyms. Freya witnessed her first live battle when Ingrid faced off against the Lumiose City gym, where she discovered that she too, wanted to train Pokémon when she also looked after and played with Ingrid's Pokémon back at the apartment. From then on, Freya knew it was her time now to become a trainer.
Personality:
Freya's defining characteristic is her headstrong determination. She exudes confidence and often isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. Freya has an energetic spirit and can be considered rowdy by her peers. She likes being surrounded by nature and going on adventures, especially activities like cooking marshmallows around a campfire.

She's also quite meticulous when it comes to efficiency – her bag only contains essentials and she washes her clothes often due to her small variety. Freya is also a little stingy – she avoids expensive stuff to the extent that she'd rather camp out in a town than sleep in a bed.

Overall, Freya is a friendly person who's trying to make the most of her time in Kinyo. However, sometimes the distance from home can be a bit overwhelming for her, and especially overcoming homesickness and gaining true independence are Freya's greatest challenges.

Partner Pokémon: Fennekin

Nickname: Felix

Moveset: Scratch, Tail Whip, Ember, Hypnosis (Egg Move)

Last edited:

LycanAnimates

Kept fueled by Calamari Inkantation remixes.
Years
Morganatri, I know this may seem a bit late, but.... can you please reserve the last available spot for me? Since I'm gonna have to tweek Guillo's backstory a lot, and I kinda don't want too lose my spot, can you please do that for me?
Thank you.

Years
Finally done! I apologize for the long wait, I ended up writing the history too long and had to find ways to shorten it so it wasn't completely absurd.

Kira Wolf

VMGD7FL.png

--=-- 15 =--= Kiuita town =--= Female --=--

[h2][/h2]

Appearance
Kira is a touch on the short side at 5'1" with a bit of a smaller build despite being somewhat athletic. Despite not being shy of the outdoors Kira is rather pale, her skin more likely to burn than tan on a hot day.

Her darker Mahogany hair is kept cut "Boyishly" short and is only styled just enough to keep it from going everywhere. Her eyes are a rather bright green color which strongly contrast with her hair and her face is somewhat freckled.

As far as fashion goes Kira is very much a comfort over style kind of person. Preferring lighter, cool clothing Kira can most often be seen in rather plain, loose fitting T-shirts, Shorts, and either a pair of sneakers or flipflops depending on what she has planned for the day. Ever since joining the academy she's been carrying around a blue messenger bag to carry around her stuff in.

History
Native to the Kinyo region itself, Kira grew up in the small fishing village known as Kiuita town. Being on an island, Kira spent most of her child roaming the nearby beaches with her three brothers, swimming, wrestling, daring each other to sneak up on resting Pokémon, and generally just being a bunch of bored kids.

Life on the island would be completely unremarkable if it weren't for one prominent landmark, Kiuita town was home to the Kinyo region's Pokémon league. Despite its dwindling popularity Kira loved watching the battles that took place there. Relentlessly she begged her parents and eventually her older brothers to take her any time she caught word of battles occurring there. It was in those spectator stands where her heart was set, one day she wanted to be a Pokémon trainer and battle in front of hundreds of people in this very stadium. When she told her family though they didn't seem thrilled to hear about this dream of hers. "There's no future in becoming a trainer. It's a waste of time. Be a sailor like your father." were the general responses she got, her mother being the harshest.

From then on it became harder to find anyone to take her. After about a month of getting nothing but no from her family she started sneaking out and into the arena, something she was caught and scolded for quite a few times. It's during one of these outings where she overheard some people talking. while most of the conversation about attendance and finances went over her head, she was able to take away one thing from their conversation, the Pokémon league was considering shutting its doors; permanently.

Kira was crushed hearing this, refusing to even believe it at first. However, the more she thought about it, the more it made sense. The crowd did dwindle as the years went on, most of the trainers competing seemed to be from other regions and even her own family stopped coming to watch. Kira started panicking as she came to a simple realization, if she wanted to fulfill her dream, she'd have to act fast.

That next day she took some of the money she saved and left for the local market to buy her first pokéball. Despite offering extra though she was refused the sale for not being a licensed Pokémon trainer. Unable to think straight at this point she did the only logical thing she had in mind, staking out the store for awhile, she stole a ball when she was certain the shopkeeper wasn't looking, leaving behind the money for it in its place.

From there she headed out to the beach as fast as she could, her pilfered ball hidden as well as she could manage in her rushed state. Hastily she searched for a Pokémon, scared to death of being caught before she managed to find something. From there she found a Spheal, resting on a rock just off the coast. Just like she had done many times before with her brothers, she snuck up on it as quietly as she could and once she was close she basically shoved the ball into the Pokémon's unsuspecting face.

All her fear and anxiety melted away into pure excitement as she heard that satisfying "Click" from the ball. Finally, she took her first step to becoming a real Pokémon trainer! That excitement lasted her all the way until she got home, where she was greeted by several police officers and very upset parents. Aside from answering a few questions Kira had very little interaction with the police, most of the proceedings being handled by her parents, her newly acquired Pokémon being taken from her in the process.

As several days passed Kira was essentially put under house arrest as the police and her parents discussed. She was on edge and was contemplating sneaking out again however she was sternly warned that if she were caught again it would lead to even more severe trouble. After what seemed like an eternity of waiting, she was eventually called to the police station. Feeling an odd mixture of relief and dread as she went to learn of her fate.

After yet another stern scolding, they finally told her that she would be sent off to a school in Mahano town. After Kira's initial protests her mother gave a deep sigh and tossed her the Pokéball the police confiscated a few days ago. "Mahono town is home to a trainer School, you'll be attending." She said sternly, yet in a bit of a defeated tone.

Kira was stunned, in a way, her stupid reckless stunt had worked! Speechless, Kira did nothing but stare forward in genuine shock before one of the officers spoke up to break the silence. He briefly explained that she wasn't quite off the hook just yet for stealing the pokéball and that she'd be doing some community service for the town for awhile after she arrived.

Without hesitation Kira agreed to this and by the next morning was already packed and on her way to Mahono town.

Interests/Aspirations/Motives
Aside from the obvious answer of Pokémon, Kira's interests ended up falling on the tomboyish side thanks to her growing up with three brothers. Video games, Action movies, Roughhousing and general mischief were all several minor interests she picked up from them as the only other option was to play on her own.

As she attended the school, Kira quickly noticed that she was in the minority as someone native to the Kinyo region, many of the other students being transfer students from elsewhere. This absolutely baffled her, was interest in Pokémon battling really dwindling that badly? For this reason, Kira's main goal is to do her own part in reigniting people's interest in Pokémon in any way she can.

Personality
Kira is a very social, friendly, outgoing kind of person. Quick to strike up conversations with just about anyone who's willing to listen to her. Despite her rather cheerful personality though, Kira can be rather headstrong and gets very stubborn in the worst cases. She often goes behind peoples backs to get her way and this along with her curiosity streak is something that has gotten her a tongue lashing on more than one occasion.

While not very book smart, Kira took her studies rather seriously, afraid that letting her grades slip would earn her a one-way ticket home from her parents. Knowing she needed all the help she could get Kira almost always ended up studying in groups and preferably with people more intelligent than her. The only area of study Kira truly excelled in was her practical exams which years of watching league battle prepared her for. Overall, Kira's grades ended up rather average, her practical scores carrying the deadweight of her exam scores just enough to avoid a call from her parents.

Starting pokemon

g2noUhi.png

Azure the Spheal
Male / Calm / Thick Fat

- Water Gun
- Powdered Snow
- Defense Curl
- Aqua Ring​

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Just WIP for the HIstory

Unnerved Pokemon Trainer

Name: Leon Hikashi ♒︎

Appearance
Leon is about 5'6. He is a teenage boy with short, messy black hair which sprawls across his forehead. He has dark blue eyes. He wears a pair of black glasses with thick black rims, for his blue eyes. He wears a striped brown and grey sweater with a hoodie, with a white shirt underneath. Bottom half, he wears dark brown trousers, with dress shoes.

History
---

Goals/Interests/Dreams
Leon does not have big aspirations himself, as he only planned on this journey to just go with the flow, and experience all he can. But secretly, he wants to find a reason to be useful for everyone, and find his own strength from within. Perhaps this journey for him will yield him the answers he needs.

Strengths
Leon is a kind, obedient, and gentle boy. His mannerisms are pretty straight-forward; he speaks in a more dignified tone, addressing people as he would like to be addressed - with the utmost respect. He takes care of others when they need it, whether it be person, or pokemon.

Weaknesses:
He's not very confident with himself. Thus, he does not like getting into conflicts of mayhem, so some can view him as unreliable. With his lack of confidence, he also does not stand up for himself whenever someone confronts him.

squirtle.gif

Starter Pokemon: Squirtle
Nickname: Blast
Moveset: Tackle - Tail Whip - Aura Sphere

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
Years
Spoiler:

Name:Flame Moore

Appearance: At the height of 5'9" Flame wears a blue and black jacket over his white shirt, a pair of black and red shoes, black and red shorts, a black hat, a red and white backpack, and lastly he wears a red belt.

History:Flame was born in Hoenn he was the younger brother of Flannery, Flame's mom wanted him to become the gym leader of Lavaridge town after his grandfather retired but he didn't want to be the gym leader he wanted to participate in contests with his torchic his mother was tired of him saying that he wanted to participate in contests, so his mother called her sister who lived in the Kinyo Region and told her to come here in Hoenn and take Flame to the Kinyo region and that's precisely what happened Her sister came flying on her pidgeot to pick Flame up and off to the Kinyo region they went.

Interests/Aspirations/Motives: Flame soon later lost the interest of Pokemon Contests and focused more on battling his motives were to beat his sister Flannery in a battle and become the champion of the Kinyo League

Personality: Back in Hoenn Flame was a laid-back guy, but ever since he moved to Kinyo, he trained hard and became too serious. He was never invited to parties because he killed the fun last time he was invited to one and hasn't laughed since he came to the Kinyo region.

Partner Pokemon:
torchic.gif

Nature: Lonely

Nickname: Inflame

Moveset: Ember, Night Slash (egg move), Scratch, Growl.

Am I late if not then here it is
and the art was made by Elaynii also I couldn't describe the pokeballs and belt thing I just couldn't.

Last edited:

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
Years
Yeah that video was pretty funny but if she doesn't respond for like 2 months I think all hope is lost for this RP Who knew furret could make a good naruto

Last edited:
Years
uhhh I wonder if Morgantri forgot about this thread

Thankfully, I'm alive. Had a busy situation for all of July and some of August (I was overseas) so hopefully I'm good now. Ohh, and please add a last name for your character!

Someone else should take over and start the RP 😜

I mean I literally did ask if anyone wanted to co-GM in case something like this happened. 😭😭😭

Anyway, I submitted the IC thread. Originally, I was planning to post all the routes and towns in Chapter 1 but it kinda proved to be way too much to handle for one post and just from a writing point of view (I've planned out encounters up until Gym 3/4 in case you're curious) so I've kinda cut down the scale of my posts and am gonna try and take a more slow approach now.

Anyone who submitted a sign-up are accepted if you haven't been already (except Dragon, because their sign-up isn't done yet). That puts us at a total of 9-10 roleplayers, so this roleplay is official CLOSED unless people drop out (which is understandable given my unreliable activity).

Also, if I can't run this RP anymore, I will tell you guys and not ghost you all. 🙃

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back