• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to resize overworld sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
Hey i can't figure out how to resize my over world sprite sheets do that I can make a few event pokemon. The selection box is to big and rectangle not square I tried resizing to 32x32 and that didn't work any tips how to help me.
Thanks a bunch

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
ya i was looking for certain ones to make events such as seeing, suicine in GSC, or those type of guys....

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
then Check the spriters resource or Google pokemon overworlds you'll most likely find exactly what your looking for

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
i did but the sheet that has all the over worlds, when i load it into rpg maker xp the selection box is far to big

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
i did but the sheet that has all the over worlds, when i load it into rpg maker xp the selection box is far to big

That's not how it works. Look at this:
15hls29.jpg

Notice how it is only one character on the sheet, and it consists of four rows, four columns. The first row is walking down, second is walking left, third is walking right, last is walking up. THIS is how RMXP sprites should be laid out. You can't have an entire sprite sheet, you have to get the sprites off the sheet and lay them out as seen above or else RMXP won't understand it.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012

I already pretty much spoon fed you the information on how to compile them properly. You're meant to set up the image to have blocks that are 32X32 pixels each forming 4 rows and columns. That doesn't mean, resize the whole image to 32X32 it means you need to form squares aligned in that formation and size. The standard image size itself should be 128X128. You need to place each frame of that sprite within each of the 32X32 blocks within the image. If the frame is too big for each block you need to step up the scaling factor of that block i.e scale factor 2 changes the block size from 32X32 to 64X64. This then results in the image size also being increased to 256X256. That way if the frame of the sprite fits inside that block you only need to centre it. Heck, I'll even provide a base image if it's too hard to follow the steps.
Background colour of blue is just a transparency colour. blacks lines need to be changed to the transparency colour after the sprites are aligned.

Attachments

• 32X32block base.png
    32X32block base.png
    1 KB · Views: 32
  • 64X64block base.png
    64X64block base.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 96X96block base.png
    96X96block base.png
    3 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.