• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Boot screen editing on Pokemon FR/LG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Hmm...I need to do the Ruby and sapphire versions of this tutorial soon. so stay tuned when I'm free I'll do that
but download PTC from wah, thats one thing you need.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2010
Hi,I'm creator of PTC.

Thank's you.

Now it's available a new version of PTC.

ht*p://fileden.com/files/2008/3/12/1810430/PTC.rar

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Hi,I'm creator of PTC.

Thank's you.

Now it's available a new version of PTC.

ht*p://fileden.com/files/2008/3/12/1810430/PTC.rar

Thank you so much pool, you're tool is amazing :)
New versions great too! in english too
keep it up!

I'll add the PTC to the first post :)

Last edited:
Years
Nice 1 Jake :)
Here's my result:
nicenewbootscreen.png

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
yep, same method is used for the title, In fact a lot more can be done with the upcoming tilemap editors out. :)
> Trainer cards
> Titlescreens
> Woldmaps
> Intro movie for FR

Ok XD now theres something else those tiles can me made to look less 8 bit like kind of like...

forseth-1.png

you see how each tile is a mixture of the colors yet it works well and looks less "rough"
well, Like I said I have another Important tut to write up XD

Years
yep, same method is used for the title, In fact a lot more can be done with the upcoming tilemap editors out. :)
> Trainer cards
> Titlescreens
> Woldmaps
> Intro movie for FR

Ok XD now theres something else those tiles can me made to look less 8 bit like kind of like...

forseth-1.png

you see how each tile is a mixture of the colors yet it works well and looks less "rough"
well, Like I said I have another Important tut to write up XD

idd looks very nice so you'll be doing a tut about this to eh?
well can't you make a tut about how to change the background, I mean those ugly stripes, in the oak intro? That would be really really great :D well BOL on your tut!

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Actually, Satoshi, the way you edit the Oak intro is by pallete editing. The WHOLE Background in that part is a pallete. I forget what the offset is, but I know that's how you do it. But the sprites, you have to edit them directly, AND there is a tool for changing the nidoran thing.

Anyways, I appreciate the tutorial, Jake.

:)

Years
Actually, Satoshi, the way you edit the Oak intro is by pallete editing. The WHOLE Background in that part is a pallete. I forget what the offset is, but I know that's how you do it. But the sprites, you have to edit them directly, AND there is a tool for changing the nidoran thing.

Anyways, I appreciate the tutorial, Jake.

:)
I know what you mean :) but if you go in vba to tools and open map viewer when oak is talking and you see on map 2 I think the BG and I want to change that not the colors because I already know how to change all of that ;)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Something else you guys can try is this, same method, add tiles but you may need to make the image bigger, and repoint it..but it works
suicune-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back