• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NaNoWriMo 2012

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So, I just got an email about this coming up, and I thought there might be some participants here at PC. :3 I'm strongly considering doing it this year, since my workload is fairly light and I've been doing a lot of reading so I feel more in-tune with my writing side.

Anyone else doing it?

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I'm making an attempt at it again this year. Here's hoping I can actually go somewhere with this one.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've been planning on doing this for quite a while now and I think I might do so this year! Problem is... I have nooo idea what I'll write about, and I'm more likely gonna use one of my old roleplay ideas that have been gathering dust forever now and I'm willing to convert that to a story idea.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'm most definitely doing this, despite the time constraints I'll have. I'm a much more productive author than before, no matter how hard that is to believe, and hopefully I can pump out 50k by the middle of November. Unlike last year, I will actually be writing a fan fiction rather than an original fiction, as it turned out horribly last year. Besides, I already have a few fan fiction ideas floating around, so all I really need to do is seize them and put them onto paper.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I've been debating on if I should unofficially join. I would like the extra motivation to work on a few fics. There's even one that I really would like to start, and I think I could make the goal with it. The downside is that I have a lot going in November, and I seriously doubt that I could concentrate enough to get nearly 2000 words out a day.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
I really would have loved to join this..but my end semester exams are exactly in November! But still I would give it a shot.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I might try to take part in it, but I don't see myself being able to finish anything original like I did in the last two years. This November is going to be crunch time for me in college and I just can't devote as much time as I want to actually being able to write. I think I might finish up a manuscript I've had sitting around for a while, or at least make some more progress on that thing. It's been far too long since I actually sat down to work on it.

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
Years
I'm definitely going to take part in it. I've done it for the last few years, never won, and I'm determined to actually reach the goal this year!

So I should probably figure out what I'm going to write about...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
This is something I've been telling myself I want to do for a couple of years but never actually had the time to do it. I'm likely taking a year off between my Associate's and Bachelor's degrees so hopefully next November because I should be graduating this upcoming summer ;o;

I guess I can use this year to brainstorm plots :p

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Okay so I'm about done with the first day's writing. I'm adding on a bit when I get bored but I'm at 2653 words already. Trying to get a ton out while I still have lots of enthusiasm so if I ever slack a bit I won't have to worry so much, haha.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
Years
How is everyone getting on with this? I gave it a miss this year but I'd love to know if anyone stuck with it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm really glad that I didn't do this. In the beginning of the month, I had no computer, so I couldn't really write. (All my research is done on the computer, and my two biggest fics are written on the computer only.) Then I had a really bad week where I couldn't concentrate on anything.

Earlier tonight, I did try to do a NaNo day to see if I could. It took two-to-three hours just to get 1700 words. I still did it. And completed a chapter sooner than normal.

So I'm interested in hearing how others have done with this. I know some people who have finished, and one who's written well over 100,000 words this month. Though for my little group of friends, it's been very quiet. Seems a lot of people had to pass up this year.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I stuck with it, only to have the busiest month always be November. Think I made it over halfway.

Bay

Years
I was writing on and off this month (over 12K so far). Part in due a lot of stuff going on, part because I keep rewriting/still figuring out how to wrap up one of my action scenes. :x Decided to focus on a different story for a bit and it went pretty fine I guess considering this is my first time writing for this particular new fandom.

Back