• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Nakuzami I'm talking about the original iced tea, not the arnold palmer thing.
arizona-iced-tea-.jpg

Always chilled with this at home while eating:
8441725158_22c6c4d789_z.jpg

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm really saddened that this isn't avaliable in any of my local stores.

12965356.jpg

Lays has chicken and waffle flavored chips out. I really hope that one local store is stocking it. I'm very intrested in trying some.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The dye in mountain dew (Yellow #5 - "Tartrazine") has caused problems with lab rats, according to Wikipedia. T:

I don't like tea, so I have no opinion there.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Nakuzami I'm talking about the original iced tea, not the arnold palmer thing.
arizona-iced-tea-.jpg

Mmm

Never actually had the regular iced tea. I drank the Fruit Punch for a while, but then I tried Arnold Palmer and became obsessed.

I have had a sip of it before, though. Of course it was good. I love iced tea, lol.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
The dye in mountain dew (Yellow #5 - "Tartrazine") has caused problems with lab rats, according to Wikipedia. T:

Well just because it effects rats doesn't mean it affects people, right? At least I'll still have my Inca Kola if Mountain Dew falls of the face of the Earth. :)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If you're gonna drink fruit punch, at least do it the right way, by drinking the cheap sugar riddled ones of course.
0004180049000_500X500.jpg

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

Supposedly the same ingredient can turn a man sterile.

Studies do show that it can increase ADHD symptoms though.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Supposedly mountain dew can turn a man sterile.

. . . *glances at my fridge* . . . Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahkay then.
Good thing
I'll probably
adopt
or some shiz
because I
nor whoever my future spouse is
could possibly
bare a child
of our own
because
it would be
against our
male anatomy.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Mountain Dew can turn a man sterile, I'm living proof of it. Drank too much Baha from Taco Bell way back when.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I've always wondered why they even include artifical coloring.

Leaving out all the coloring would save companies a lot of money.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I didn't need to know that, Elendil. Haha.

Buuuut according to Wikipedia:
Two unfounded urban legends about Mountain Dew ingredients exist. One is that it causes shrunken testicles and/or penis size. The other is that it lowers sperm count.[21] Both myths are typically attributed to the dye Yellow #5 (tartrazine). Yellow #5 has never been scientifically linked to any of the alleged effects in the legends; nor has any other component of the drink.
:?

I can second Mr X's statement. A friend of mine has ADHD and after he stopped eating/drinking stuff with artificial dyes, flavors, and preservatives, his symptoms significantly improved.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh so that explains why after my epilepsy pills when my hunger shot up by 300% and I started eating junk food like crazy my neurologist suggested I had ADHD. Makes his office being across the street from a Taco Bell all the more suspicious.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
The older myths were pointed at Yellow #5 but newer studies show that one of it's other ingredients, BVO, can cause infertility. As well as impared neurological development. And a couple other things.

Edit - Thats suspicious but not as much as this.

vet-and-chinese-food-funny-signs.jpg

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh come on, an animal hospital next to a chinese restaurant isn't suspicious. A pizza shop next to one is however.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Haha, that picture is awesome.

I'm reading about brominated vegetable oil right now. Eugh.

I wouldn't really blame that one on the oil though - The crazy bastard was drinking 8 liters of soda a day. He should be thankful that he didn't get diabetes from it.

It's not the medical conditions that arise from extreme useage of the product that are the issue - It's the ones that happen even if you 'use as directed'.

Anything can kill you if you use a lot of it - There are cases of people who have died from drinking way to much water afterall.

I don't get whats suspicious about a pizza shop next to a chinese restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back