• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Indigo League

A few questions about the camera (fill out after you try the newest beta)

• Total voters

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
The download link does not work, it says the limited queue for download has been filled.

Can you not just upload it to something as simple as Mediafire.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Glad to see that this project is still goin'. ^_^ It'll be nice to play through the glory days of the series - y'know, before the anime creators lost their minds.....

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Amazing game.A billion of rewards and applause from me.On post #217 Some of the episodes are
-EVOLUTION SOLUTION :Prof. Oak tries to research on evolution of Slowpoke and says go to meet Prof. Westwood to Ash,Misty,Brock and Pikachu goes to Seafoam Islands
-THE GREAT MASTER ONIX UNEXPECTED :Master Bruno and mets The Great Onix.
Hope this will help you Bro.But instead of Elite four make as real fight with Richie and all.
Amazing,Superb,Game ever seen!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Wow I really like the looks of this! Can you add move tutors into this game as well, that is vital for some pokemon. Pikachu using Signal Beam can be vital if a good hidden power can't be obtained, and it'd help if all move tutor moves ever done are implemented since most of the move tutor moves used in FR/LG were on the original R/B/Y TM list back in the day, and it'd help if the moves can be re-learned any time. Some pokemon should have some of those moves in their natural learnsets depeding on the anime's display of certain moves, such as Charizard learning Seismic Toss and Overheat to name examples. Brock's Geodude likewise used Seismic Toss in one episode too.

Years
Thank you for the interest guys, I'm sorry this post was so late in coming, I've been chatting through PM to some people instead of bumping the thread. Anyway I have some news regarding an upcoming (hopefully by tomorrow) screenshot of Ash's house and I'd like to answer a few questions about what's been happening with the development of this game.
I'd like to start by admitting that the last screenshots of Ash's house disappointed me. At first I was happy to combine elements of the anime and the generic texture-style of FR/LG buildings, but then I realised that the texture didn't represent the anime version very well..
So I set about to re-design Ash's house and really pay tribute to the original series. I examined EVERY frame of animation with the outside of Ash's house shown in a great many different episodes and discovered that even the animators couldn't agree on exactly how it should look, the front porch is a good example of that (in most episodes it is shown as a box with central stairs, but there is one or two where they elude to a staircase on the side of the house) My re-creation focused on noticeable "landmarks" if you will and I was a lot happier with the front of the house.. I used the height-mapping to raise up the porch and create steps, I was adding the railings and preparing it for a screenshot when I had to halt progress.
The plan for Pallet town was to redo the entire thing in the new style, so it will end up looking like it does on the show (rolling hills, farm patches, dirt road. I'll try to keep it interesting). I had a hard time imagining how the layout for pallet should be.. I know there is professor Oak's lab to the north, Cinnabar Island to the south, there is some kind of botanical garden building which should be west, Idk, I'll have to check it again, I can't remember if there was any episodes which depict Victory Road or the Johto region joining onto Pallet town.
Amazing game.A billion of rewards and applause from me.On post #217 Some of the episodes are
-EVOLUTION SOLUTION :Prof. Oak tries to research on evolution of Slowpoke and says go to meet Prof. Westwood to Ash,Misty,Brock and Pikachu goes to Seafoam Islands
-THE GREAT MASTER ONIX UNEXPECTED :Master Bruno and mets The Great Onix.
Hope this will help you Bro.But instead of Elite four make as real fight with Richie and all.
Amazing,Superb,Game ever seen!
Ah thank you friend! I need more of this :) Maybe Richie will make an appearance.. I think there are still a lot of episodes before Ash gets to the elite 4, but I look forward to the day!
Wow I really like the looks of this! Can you add move tutors into this game as well, that is vital for some pokemon. Pikachu using Signal Beam can be vital if a good hidden power can't be obtained, and it'd help if all move tutor moves ever done are implemented since most of the move tutor moves used in FR/LG were on the original R/B/Y TM list back in the day, and it'd help if the moves can be re-learned any time. Some pokemon should have some of those moves in their natural learnsets depeding on the anime's display of certain moves, such as Charizard learning Seismic Toss and Overheat to name examples. Brock's Geodude likewise used Seismic Toss in one episode too.
I would definitely add move tutors, though while we are on the topic of movesets, I might've favoured some of the original moves for the starters and some other kanto pokemon (moves that are learned by leveling are based on pokemon yellow).. This was done for many many reasons, the main reason being that they nerfed a lot of the popular pokemon in later games and I felt it was overbalanced.. As people have stated, something unique about the original TV show and games was lost over time in the madness of the creators and I tried my best to capture that original style and bring it back to us all. I'll try to get details on exactly what moves I changed and the revised level caps.. I'm willing to discuss any and all suggestions/requests regarding moves for certain pokemon to have/not-have or even to learn them sooner/later.

Special Thanks to the mods, for being patient during my absence

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
Hi, I just downloaded the demo from the 2nd mirror. After extracting I ran the game. As soon as I do that, I get this error "RGSS102E.dll could not be found" and then it crashes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
You could also look at the pallet town maps on Deviantart for inspiration.

Years
Hi, I just downloaded the demo from the 2nd mirror. After extracting I ran the game. As soon as I do that, I get this error "RGSS102E.dll could not be found" and then it crashes.

This error is caused by elements in the game which I forgot to replace with "Null" images and sounds.. You will need the RMXP RTP, here is the first link that came up on google http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

@LastOne, I looked over at deviant a couple years back but only found generic copies of Pallet Town.. I'll take another look soon if you don't have any links

I'm not so great with deadlines, but here's the updated screens of Ash's House.. I'm gonna do it in a before and after style.

Before:
212a2ag.png

After:
11bu2j4.png

pu7b9.png

Some of the textures aren't done I know, I also forgot about the steps.. I have been busy tweaking things for a couple of hours so this is just a quick snapshot. I'll take another when I finish the yard.

Now for a final scrollbomb, just wanted to upload some of the reference images I used from 3 episodes, just to help paint the picture.

From the Anime:
jqn8kh.png

2zns3kk.png

The Elusive Side-Stairs
10if0ah.png

Last edited:
Years
Wait so I just download and install? Then what, do I run the game file or this RMXP thing? Sorry, just unfamiliar with this.

No problem :) This game was built using RMXP, some games require a run-time-package to keep their filesize small. You just have to download and install the RMXP RTP so that some default resources can be used by the game (even though they are not seen). When you have installed the RTP for RMXP then you can run the game and play it with no errors.

Enjoy and please let me know if anything can be changed/improved.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Glad to hear my point is taken into account. Your statement about how balanced the newer games became can be rectified quite well by doing some of what I recommended since some pokemon are unable to learn moves they should have access to even in the 6th gen. A lot of thebase stats could also do with some work. Giving Mightyena at least base 85 speed would do it wonders for one, and Charizard with higher attack would help as well.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
Hey can anyone tell me how to play this game which GBA is need ed to open this game

Years
Hey can anyone tell me how to play this game which GBA is need ed to open this game

All that you have to do friend, is download the installer (and rtp) on page 1 of this thread. Good luck and enjoy :)

I'm going to be remapping Pallet Town soon, but it's just coming together as a rough concept atm.. I know that I've been fussing on the gfx for Ash's home, but it was a key feature so I felt it had to be done.. I'll be trying to keep the layout for Oak's Lab area pretty much the same, but the Lab building will receive a stylish makeover and the game engine will be used to give the surrounding landscape some more depth (as seen in the anime)..

Last edited:
Years
But which gba is needed it is not opening after downloading

I think you are misunderstanding, no gba is needed. The installer is in a .zip file.

I also wanted to post some info on moves learned by leveling, feel free to suggest something.
Spoiler:

Years
This error is caused by elements in the game which I forgot to replace with "Null" images and sounds.. You will need the RMXP RTP, here is the first link that came up on google http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

@LastOne, I looked over at deviant a couple years back but only found generic copies of Pallet Town.. I'll take another look soon if you don't have any links

I'm not so great with deadlines, but here's the updated screens of Ash's House.. I'm gonna do it in a before and after style.

Before:
212a2ag.png

After:
11bu2j4.png

pu7b9.png

Some of the textures aren't done I know, I also forgot about the steps.. I have been busy tweaking things for a couple of hours so this is just a quick snapshot. I'll take another when I finish the yard.

Now for a final scrollbomb, just wanted to upload some of the reference images I used from 3 episodes, just to help paint the picture.

From the Anime:
jqn8kh.png

2zns3kk.png

The Elusive Side-Stairs
10if0ah.png

So does this model mean you're going to use DS graphics?

Back