• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

pokemon moves, dont make it 4 like the other games...ake it like the tv shows where a the higher the level a pokemon the more amount of moves he can learn in total

eg upto lev 50 pokemon can learn 4 moves max, at lev 50 make it 5 moves, then at 60, 6 and then at 70, 7 etc

The only problem with that is the menu system. It's makes it hard to have such a large move set in limited space and make it look graphically good.

I'll make a test of it though and let you know.

-EDIT-

Two more screens of the WIP battle system:

screenshot200804151503140200.png

I know it's still not finished.

screenshot200804151446390593.png

I finally got some new d/p battle stuff, so now each part of these screenshots can be altered easily, for instance, I could change the background but EVERYTHING else would stay the same etc.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
The only problem with that is the menu system. It's makes it hard to have such a large move set in limited space and make it look graphically good.

I'll make a test of it though and let you know.

-EDIT-

Two more screens of the WIP battle system:

screenshot200804151503140200.png

I know it's still not finished.

screenshot200804151446390593.png

I finally got some new d/p battle stuff, so now each part of these screenshots can be altered easily, for instance, I could change the background but EVERYTHING else would stay the same etc.

Love the two new screenshots, but the text looks a little messed up.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2012
I would love to be beta tester of the game to see if there any glitches in it. I have no experience in it but while playing a couple of roms I did spot or encouter glitches in trees or in the main character when he receives his starter.

Atomic Reactor

i think maybe we should wait till he's asking for beta testers before you try and apply.
just saying...

battle system lookin good.

Atomic Reactor

keep an eye out though.
you might come in handy ;)

Waudby

screenshot200804161712200679.png

First one of the starters.

Get the thread to 35 posts and i'll revealing another one and at 45 i'll reveal the last one.

I may also reveal the first secpially obtained Pokémon.

Atomic Reactor

are you not going to use the sprites i made you?

do you want me to make the professor? or how about a completely new professor? (since thats rowan)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2012
I wonder if you start off with the jhoto starters or you have it setup with a kanto starter for grass. A jhoto starter for fire and honen starter for grass.

Atomic Reactor

your choices will be grass,fire,grass lol XD
i think you meant to say water =)

thats what I'm expecting..

id like to see some fakemon or different types of starters though.

Waudby

are you not going to use the sprites i made you?

do you want me to make the professor? or how about a completely new professor? (since thats rowan)

I will use them. Want to keep their look secret til the demo release.

Also any chance of getting them in rm2k3 format.

If you can do a brand new professor that would be good, and put that on the rm2k3 styled sheet, it makes importing them easier in sphere.

cheers.

@ Espreon: One of the main reasons for cyndaquil being that starter was cos of your post, i like to keep people happy.

But I have also thought of a way of encorporating them all into it.

@ TY: Thats mighty close. But there's also another suprise later on in the game for the people who don't like who they recieve.

New Story Feature:

I thought I'd update with part of the demo story.

It's a very basic part but instead of just being given your Pokémon, you have to do something for it, it's not very challenging but it just adds a little more community feel to the first town.

A new mart is opening in town but has no stock so Professor Uing has to deliver the package to the mart owner.

He ask's you to go for him.

Once you get to the owner he takes the package from you and ask's a favour of you (yes it is a little bit off going between places)

He wants you to go and collect some honey off the honey tree.

You then get taught by Mr Honeycombe all about the honey trees and Pokémon they can house.

Return to the owner with the honey to complete this quest. Professor Uing will give you your payment once you return to the PokéLab.

What do people think? Any suggestions for it? Ways I can make it more fun etc

Atomic Reactor

paste them onto paint (assuming you have that in the accessories menu)
then select them using the dotted box tool thing.
right click on em, then hit "sketch/skew"
change the top 2 boxes to 50
then hit ok. they'll be the right size.
and u can also move them with the same tool.
select them, then grab them.

if you can figure it out PM me.

Waudby

Two new screenshots, they're not of any importance to the storylne or anything more to get your opinions on the character sprite.

How do people feel about the lucas sprite for the main character(male)?

Heres some comparisions

First shot Lucas and a lucas made by atomic_reactor;
screenshot200804162234570767-1.png

I personally think it looks a bit too small.

Another one using Lucas made by Kyledove;

screenshot200804171105380731.png

Thoughts?

Or should i stick to the original?

I was thinking about it to be honest.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Well, I prefer the original D/P one.
I don't know why, maybe they look more nice. :P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I know kyle doves new D/P tiles are 16 by 16 pixels, and the official D/P sprite of Lucas is bigger (its width is 17 or 18- so it kinda looks weird going into smaller doors) - I still think you should stick with the D/P overworld just for know. Otherwise, you would have to revamp every overworld sprite of the NPCs to get the right look.

Waudby

I know kyle doves new D/P tiles are 16 by 16 pixels, and the official D/P sprite of Lucas is bigger (its width is 17 or 18- so it kinda looks weird going into smaller doors) - I still think you should stick with the D/P overworld just for know. Otherwise, you would have to revamp every overworld sprite of the NPCs to get the right look.

Yeah well that was what I was thinking.

I may make some of my own spriters(or see if someone could) cos i'm terrible at making sprites.

Now as promised i will release some more screenshots;
screenshot200804171224180795.png

screenshot200804171224080652.png

So that's all the starts shown now instead of just two.

This may come as a shock to some people but there is a reason;
screenshot200804171223570348.png

screenshot200804171226140155.png

I will explain more soon for those of you not happy with the starters.

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2009
Good to see some progress with your Sphere skills. :) I'll be releasing my PKMN Game here soon, which is being developed in Sphere as well. I am switching it to Sphere v2 at the moment.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to email/pm me. Preferably on Spherical though, I'm more active there. I'm Jaysonic on Spherical btw. :)

Good luck with your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back