• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Addressing the new Hacks Showcase changes

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Immature haruki?, I think I made valid points.
Why should PC have to change? Ok so there are more requirements, but it's nothing moderators can't cover. Regarding Clear Diamond I had mapped up and scripted up to eterna forest before my rom got errors, it's not like I've quit it. I've gotten the furthest in D/P premaking. That's something no one else has done.
On important issues, we now have 3 sections, do you think that honestly makes things easier.
I'm not having a go at you guys, I don't dislike you guys, I think you ALL do a great job.
But The PC I used to remember used to be easy going and layed back.
Where everyone used to be more active. I think it's good you guys made the scrapbox and the progressing hacks thing actually.
But I don't think 3 people should judge on what they want in showcase/ progressing hacks..let the people decide on what should move to where.
Thats the whole point of pokeCOMMUNITY!
people of a community throwing ideas together.
Staff just help maintain order and peace.
I respect you a lot haruki, even though my posts don't show it.

Beautifully said. I respect each and every member of the staff, and every member here. But this change is not acceptible in the eyes of the hackers. 18/24 people I talked to over the past two days do not like the changes. Something really must be done about this.

And besides, if it is causing this much trouble already, why not change the community back to the great place for hacking like it used to be?

Disturbed out.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Ahem.
As an established member of the Rom Hacking sections, I did not want to get involved in such a silly dispute, but I will.

There is nothing wrong with the new changes in the PokeCommunity. It's not something out to get you or make things worse. It is just a form of reorganizing. Your hacks will get just as much attention. It makes things easier to access and find.

The people who are so adamantly against this, need to calm down, it's not that big of a deal.

As for the moderators, maybe you should hold a poll, determining wether the members of the community would like to keep this new change, or change back, because apparently people don't like the new change, so why not give the members what THEY want?

Tony the Awesome

mi nombre es tony
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2010
Ahem.
As an established member of the Rom Hacking sections, I did not want to get involved in such a silly dispute, but I will.

There is nothing wrong with the new changes in the PokeCommunity. It's not something out to get you or make things worse. It is just a form of reorganizing. Your hacks will get just as much attention. It makes things easier to access and find.

The people who are so adamantly against this, need to calm down, it's not that big of a deal.

As for the moderators, maybe you should hold a poll, determining wether the members of the community would like to keep this new change, or change back, because apparently people don't like the new change, so why not give the members what THEY want?
Search button???? Yeah, I agree with that last paragraph. It's like a... fair thing.
Members should be able to have the chance to call out the ideas in their brain(as long as it isn't inappropriate XD) Well, the new forums are confusing cause you don't know which hack is in which forum anymore. I thought Flame of Rage was in Hack showcase but it wasn't D: I know my post does not have any meaning whatsoever, but all I'm trying to say is to treat all the members equally. Like instead of mods deciding on the good decisions, why not the members? Like.... me! XP

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
I think that people just need to realize that what everyone is under the impression the "scrapbox" should be, is going to be the new "Progressing Hacks". The scrapbox is filled with new hacks, and the Hacks Showcase is also filled with new hacks with 4 screenshots.

This new seperations takes all those new hacks, and puts them into the Progressing Hacks thread. The Hacks Showcase is now a thread which contains hacks that meet certain requirements to be elevated to such position. It's just a slimmed down version of the original.

The scrapbox will become what it was created for originally, ideas. Not a base for hacks to begin.

Basically.
Hacks Showcase: An improved version of the original, with less "newer" hacks in it, which was a constant complaint.
Progressing Hacks: All new hacks, and hacks there are working to the point of becoming worthy of being in the Hacks Showcase.
Scrapbox: A Place for ideas.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I know haruki, I wasn't defining roles of staff, I was just saying.
I'm a mod on PHO, I know my duties there
I'm admin at GPS, I know my duties there
I'm saying as a community the people should have a choice
It's not like i'm saying "Mods are tards' and don't do anything" because everyone works hard.
But like you said, mods only approve. So people have a choice to ask for a hack to be moved into showcase from progressing hacks? I'm guessing we PM a mod or you?
Well then I guess it's resolved, I just hate seeing things change all of a sudden and not knowing whats up, a warning would of been nice to be honest, but like I said you staff members do a good job. We as a community never seem to get problems with you guys as staff.
I wasn't meaning to target you, I just confronted you because you made the thread.
Sorry for kinda being hard on you, I know you try your best.
good day/ night anyways.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Okay, I would Like to say, Sorry to all of you. Hate me if you like(I don't blame you), because what I did was way out of line. I reacted about this little board change like it was something big, which it wasn't. I was just caught off-guard with the whole thing, and I can be a little(lot) hot-tempered. I thank you for not loosing your cool with me when I was being arrogant, that takes a lot of willpower. I recognize, now, that this board change might be good, as the boards were declining. This new plan will hopefully resolve the conflict of spam hacks. I would like to stay, so long as all the staff members don't hate me for my stupid stunt I pulled. I have to be honest, I really do respect all of the staff members here at the PokéCommunity, because your job is very hard, and you never lose your cool with anybody. Sorry that I attacked you Haruki, as I didn't see anybody else to attack(I shouldn't have attacked anybody at all), and you made the thread. I really do respect you. So, I would like to ask you to accept my apology. You won't be hearing anymore bad comments from me about this staff or board change. If you accept my apology, then thank you, you are a good person. And if you don't, then that is fine I understand, I was a complete jerk to you. Bye.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Okay, I would Like to say, Sorry to all of you. Hate me if you like(I don't blame you), because what I did was way out of line. I reacted about this little board change like it was something big, which it wasn't. I was just caught off-guard with the whole thing, and I can be a little(lot) hot-tempered. I thank you for not loosing your cool with me when I was being arrogant, that takes a lot of willpower. I recognize, now, that this board change might be good, as the boards were declining. This new plan will hopefully resolve the conflict of spam hacks. I would like to stay, so long as all the staff members don't hate me for my stupid stunt I pulled. I have to be honest, I really do respect all of the staff members here at the PokéCommunity, because your job is very hard, and you never lose your cool with anybody. Sorry that I attacked you Haruki, as I didn't see anybody else to attack(I shouldn't have attacked anybody at all), and you made the thread. I really do respect you. So, I would like to ask you to accept my apology. You won't be hearing anymore bad comments from me about this staff or board change. If you accept my apology, then thank you, you are a good person. And if you don't, then that is fine I understand, I was a complete jerk to you. Bye.
Plus, the progressing hacks keeps the same rules as the Hacks showcase used to, and when you want your hack moved, move it there! ^^
It's pretty much just like the hacks showcase.

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Hah I always thought of the hacks showcase like that anyways. I think it is a great idea, because alot of people don't look in the scrapbox because a lot of the threads there were just ideas, this progressing hacks thread is great, it sepperates the long great hacks from the hack which might be good but aren't developed, with the ideas.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Hah, thing is, most people will think of the "Progressing Hacks" thing as some nooby hacks, when they aren't.

Then they should put some time into their hacks and have them moved to Hacks Showcase, it's really simple.

ANYONE can get into hacks showcase, just put some time and thought into your hack, follow the rules, don't just "give up" in a week or so, and you'll be able to get in. It's VERY simple.

If anyone TRULY believes that he/she's having a hard time getting in even though he/she put a lot of time into your hack, let me know and I'll be happy to help make your hack look presentable enough to get approval.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
Why, I'd like to throw in my two cents as well.

I don't find that the new rules are a huge impact on the Rom Hacking section.
The 'Progressing Hacks' are, just that, progressing hacks, whereas the showcase is for further developed hacks that have playable versions (exceptions to some).
So if your hack is known, it won't lose attention, as it will be seeked out, because people will still have interest in it.
As others have already stated, this is merely reorganization.

As for TB Pro, I daresay no one with half a heart would hate you for a few 'misposts' (can't speak for people with a full heart though, :P) and it isn't your fault, isn't everyone allowed an opinion?

Well, now that we're all loving and caring, I shall take my leave. Toodledoo.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
As a rather important part of the ROM Hacking community, I'd like to tell you all that: You are all idiots.

If all you care about is getting your hack noticed then why don't you actually work on it enough to get it put into the Showcase. This a very good idea by the mods, you need to embrace it, if you have a good hack it will be put into the showcase. And with less hacks in there, that means you'll have even more fans. So for God's sake, get over it, or I'll be forced to stab you all.

Back