• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

cspmoneymaker

Just a piece of advice,I always run this with NO$GBA and no problem ever happened for both the old and new version !!!

cspmoneymaker

All my other Pokemon hacks i have work without that, but when I changed the save to 128k, the game saves normally but Light Platinum still doesnt work.
WHY don't you try NO$GBA ????? :cer_eek:

cspmoneymaker

Cause VBA is much better emulator for .GBA files than NO$GBA is!
Plus this hack, as amazing as it is, had a lot of troubles with it's patch, so I doubt it would make any difference if he tried other emulators...
I really can't agree on this, in fact I hate VBA and never use it, and you're totally wrong about NO$GBA, I never had any trouble with it even with this hack, just one patch and everything work to perfection !!! :knockedou

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Whenever i patch This rom to pokemon Ruby it says the file has been patched but when i open the file i patched in vba it is just a white screen. And i have downloaded the pokemon ruby rom form 2 different places

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
I really can't agree on this, in fact I hate VBA and never use it, and you're totally wrong about NO$GBA, I never had any trouble with it even with this hack, just one patch and everything work to perfection !!! :knockedou

I never said NO$GBA isn't good, but VBA IS better for .GBA files as it is faster, stable, size adjustable (without NO$ZOOMER or resolution setting I mean), less RAM consumable, VBA Link can be used to connect two active ROMs ...
Plus patching a file doesn't have anything to do with the amulator but the patch itself, or a person patching it.

Years
Whenever i patch This rom to pokemon Ruby it says the file has been patched but when i open the file i patched in vba it is just a white screen. And i have downloaded the pokemon ruby rom form 2 different places

in the options of your emulator try to change it to real clock time and see if that work.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
i hope this game will be put on a cartridge and then PC would send one to everyone cuz theyre getting money from us visiting their site soo..

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Could anyone answer my question?

Years
I don't think the game will be put on cartridges. It is better to play on VBA anyways, because you can save state and speed up. 8-) Also to Surge360, you should use Google for Pokemon Ruby ROM and try to see which one works. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to give out the specific name.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
save states just ruin the point of the game and speeding also does the same thing. but if your on gba youre not tempted to speed things up cuz there are no speed ups. plus you can take it under your covers at nite and play

Years
save states just ruin the point of the game and speeding also does the same thing. but if your on gba youre not tempted to speed things up cuz there are no speed ups. plus you can take it under your covers at nite and play

sir.euge there is no choice but to play these hacks on a computer, there are flash carts that u can play gba games but you have to have a ds lite and these carts cost about $45 which includes a mico sd card.

Back