• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Preorders.

Years
Play-Asia have already started to take pre-orders for B2/W2 - do you see yourself pre-ordering them anytime soon? After all, we literally know nothing about these games. Do you care, though? Will you just get them because you get every Pokémon game? :3

blue

gucci
Years
Beat me to it!

I won't be pre-ordering considering that the International release is only a short length away from the Japanese release, I would if there was 6-7 months difference.

White 2
Black 2

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Why buy it if you can't read Japanese? Unless your trying to learn it. Maybe its just me since in rpgs I like talking to everyone even if its useless people lol

blue

gucci
Years
Why buy it if you can't read Japanese? Unless your trying to learn it. Maybe its just me since in rpgs I like talking to everyone even if its useless people lol

People who are impatient like me like to pre-order so they can get it upon release, they play it for the game not the dialogue.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
IDK,but I will get both of them. Depends on what the prorder prize thing is for America. I will not however order Jap. Versions. But the English versions I might preorder White.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years

People who are impatient like me like to pre-order so they can get it upon release, they play it for the game not the dialogue.

ehhh for me it would be pointless since its an rpg and rpg has things to read. Playing it just for the gameplay for me would be like walking down the street naked. Just my opinion though. I guess it could help people learning hiragana since it does not have kanji in it if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I probably won't preorder any of them until it gets closer to its release date or until a special version gets announced. I doubt Nintendo would have any special editions for both B2 and W2 anyways, but I know Gamestop might have a promotion for it, so i'll be waiting for now.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
No way. I'd rather wait and be able to read the dialogue in English, and I'm not preordering any new Pokemon game until I make sure it doesn't commit any of my personal Deadly Sins that would ruin the game for me.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I never pre-order the games in Japanese. I can't read japanese and the games wouldn't even work in my 3DS anyway. Plus the fact that the english release is so close anyway, there would be little point. I'll just buy them the first day they come out in Australia.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
ehhh for me it would be pointless since its an rpg and rpg has things to read. Playing it just for the gameplay for me would be like walking down the street naked. Just my opinion though. I guess it could help people learning hiragana since it does not have kanji in it if I remember correctly.

Uh, that's a weird analogy, lol.

But I intend to buy them no matter what but not in Japanese. I might pre-order them in English though, just to have them.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
I don't see myself pre-ordering them. For the Japanese version, I will struggle at understanding the game and where to go, lol. For the English version, I don't pre-order games because I can find them somewhere in town.

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
preorder? eh not for me eve tho i can read japanese i guess i can say im to cheap to pay shipping when i can just buy them for cheaper without shipping when they are actually released^^

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
In a perfect world where I get a bigger paycheck, yeah I might pre-order it.

Under normal circumstances, I'm not gonna bother.

For one, I really do enjoy the games more when I can read the text past the character names, and the word 'Pokemon'. XD; I might play about an hour or so into a ROM file, but that's it. I'll be one of those people who just sit tight and wait for the official English release. Gives me something more to look forward to.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I won't be pre-ordering White 2. In all of the years I've been a gamer, I haven't once pre-ordered a game. That being said, I will admit I plan on pre-ordering Kid Icarus: Uprising simply because of the fact that in doing so, I can get a remastered version of the original Kid Icarus, which just so happens to be my favourite NES game.

I'll definitely be buying White 2, though. It's not because I buy every game in the series, either; it's simply because Nintendo shocked gamers worldwide — myself included — by not creating a mere third-entry game. That, and it's been quite a while since I've played a Pokémon RPG.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I will, I did with white and I'm glad because I can get all the Japanese WiFi events

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm gonna pre-order. I promised some roleplay pals I would, so I can report what's happening in Unova.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't intend to get the Japanese versions w/ pre-order, or at all, but maybe for the English versions. I wanna understand the games, so I'm fine with waiting a little longer for them :3

blue

gucci
Years
I've learnt from pre-ordering Soul Silver & White from Japan that it destroys the game play when it comes to buying them in English, you know what's happening the only change is the text so from now I'm just going to get the English release regardless of the gap.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Going to pre-order it in English, not Japanese, because I can't read Japanese. Anyway, Play-Asia seems really expensive...£38 for a DS game? I pre-order because it's always cheaper online than in the shops. Also a possibility of getting it a day before release...although it can always deliver late...like HGSS did >___>

Back