• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I do not want green eggs and ham, Sam I am.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'll usually try new things, but only if it's with others or whatever. I would draw the line at bugs tbh. I can't do that. I don't even want to look at them, let alone eat them.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'd TRY anything as long as it was safe to eat.
Would I eat a whole dish of it? Not sure. I guess it depends on if I like it to begin with.. and if I like it, if it was healthy to eat a whole serving of it (I'm talking about crazy fattening mealtime cookies baked into other cookies and deep-fried sort of stuff.)

There is one exception: Spicy. I will not try hot peppers or anything that I know will be too spicy. I am super sensitive and it physically burns my tongue if I have spicy food (scratchy for days!) and I just rather not.. as I don't know how badly my body will react to it.

6ZxHhwL.gif

Also as it stands.. the only thing I'm iffy on eating is scorpion. I'd even give eating tarantula a try if given the opportunity (and when I know it's cooked properly) but.. scorpion just sounds inedible to me.

Most vegetables never seem to get my tastebuds going, probably due to how bland they taste.
What type of veggies are you eating? They are ANYTHING but bland if you season and cook them properly. Are you like.. just steaming everything without salt or something?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I will NOT try other foods as I am very picky with the smell and stuff. xD
You won't try any foods at all? How do you live! :(

I don't have any problem trying new foods regardless what they are. There are probably some extremes that I wouldn't try such as caramelised cow dung or whatever, but I'll try the huge majority of things. Chocolate crickets are yummy and crunchy, the common "eww" foods like snails and frogs are very tasty (not meaty enough though!) and things like sweetbreads and offal are fine as foods and are pretty tasty, but I'm not a huge fan of the texture. As long as it's safe to eat then I'm happy to try it.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
EXTREMELY reluctant. Considering I'm quite the picky eater, trying 'delicacies' is simply out of the question. Any types of bugs, chocolate-covered or not, or internal organs such as liver or intestines make me very uncomfortable even just thinking about eating them. Texture and smell play a huge role as well.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
To say I want to make it my life's mission to visit The Fat Duck at least once in my life is an understatement! Just have a look at its menu! For less 'out-there' types of food, I'm still normally up for anything. Exotic meat, especially. For me, presentation is key when it comes to trying new foods: if it looks appealing and I've never had it before, it's probably going to go over a lot better with me than if it looks fugly as hell.

Back