• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YouTube added loads of new features lately

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
While it's still growing as we speak, I've seen many new features coming out on YouTube, in the past few days.

No more Shows
But let's start with old features going away.
That's right, the only feature that makes sense in this Thread is about to be removed: Shows.
For many years, YouTube Partners were able to create Channel-like Playlists, which was more advanced than Playlists.
In Shows, you could set an Age Gate, Avatar-like Thumbnail, separate Episodes into Seasons, credit people working on the Videos, etc.
This feature is/was only available to YouTube Partners, not counting Monetising Accounts.
View attachment 69693

Community
The first new feature is the big confusion maker.
In the URL, it's called "Audience", in the Tabs, it's called "Community", and in the Help isn't called "Fans".
This is probably YouTubes' Version of NSA, where you can see what interests other people have, how many Subscribers the other people have, how much they're attracted to you, etc.
It as well comes with a more handy feature, where you can Blacklist Comments you don't want to have.
This feature is only available to people with lots of Subscribers.
View attachment 69694
View attachment 69695
View attachment 69696

Creator Tools
Probably a terrible idea, because I sense a lot of Copyright problems on this one.
At the moment, Creator Tools allows you to Download music 'for free'.
Don't let yourself fool into it, because the ones with an AdSense Account probably can't Monetise any Videos using these music, and the ones with a Partner Account will most likely lose their Partnership status, thanks to this.
View attachment 69697

Paid Subscriptions
Though it's ancient, it's still worth saying.
Paid Subscriptions is an requestible feature, which forces people to pay you before Subscribing.
I've never requested this feature on purpose, because I believe Subscriptions have to be free of charge, and the Ads on all the Videos are enough to make good money of.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Instead of creating new bugs Youtube should get rid of their old ones. It seems like they won't even test their stuff before implementing it. Like the last update which completely messed up my subscription feed and took them some time to fix it.

Years
The one thing I will probably miss about Youtube is that they recently removed video responses, which were a great way to get viewer feedback on videos for those popular Youtube channels/videos.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
Well, I do like the Comment Filter, it's something they should implement 7 years ago already.
I still hate the OneChannel Design, Banners are no longer unique, because of this.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
I actually like the One channel design due to it's cross compatibility with both desktops and mobile apps. Then again, I've never really have minded most of the changes Youtube has done.

Years
I swear people who work for YouTube just sit there and think "hmm, what useful feature can we remove today?" or "let's add pointless features only one person will use!".
There's some good additions occasionally, like the Watch Later function... but I seriously think they should just leave it alone. Oh, and bring back video responses, because they've gone for no reason whatsoever.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Who would ever used paid subscriptions? All it does is hurt your income because less people see your videos!

Back