• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
EDIT: Poldie, you can actually still hunt Mew on Emerald by using the Run Away method, but you need an Action Replay to get to the island where mew is. It depends if you count that legit.

Is it also possible to do it in saphire? And does a ds action replay work for this as well? Never really used my action replay... :p

I might make mew as shiny contest then. And eventualy clone one for myself( or isn't That legit?) :D

Gratz on all the new shinies guys. Still workig on cobalion with 2900 SR's so far .

Years
Thanks for the luck GTD :)

Is it also possible to do it in saphire? And does a ds action replay work for this as well? Never really used my action replay... :p

I might make mew as shiny contest then. And eventualy clone one for myself( or isn't That legit?) :D

Gratz on all the new shinies guys. Still workig on cobalion with 2900 SR's so far .

Nope, unfortunately this event was only ever released for Japanese Emeralds, but with an action replay you can get it on English ones. I don't know about the DS replay, I don't actually own one myself, but here's the link to the code:
Spoiler:

As far as I know most people consider cloning legit including me, but will let you know if they don't ^^
Hope you get Cobalion soon!

I'm at 2950-ish eggs so far. I'm going to be out a lot of today, but I'm off school until next Monday, so I will hopefully get Eevee within a week.
Latios Master, how many eggs have you hatched for Litwic??

EDIT May 26th: 3100 eggs!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Nope, unfortunately this event was only ever released for Japanese Emeralds, but with an action replay you can get it on English ones. I don't know about the DS replay, I don't actually own one myself
Thanks for the help! :D
I don't have the emerald game sadly, but i will try to get the ticket on a emulator, and then put the save file over to my EZ flash card :). It's not the way it should normally go :( , but really want a shiny mew :)

Good luck on your shiny eevee hunt by the way :)

EDIT: so I've been trying to "cheat" the Old sea map for the mew event on 2 emulators and nothing seems to work, bye bye mew event :(

Last edited:
Years
My mareep hunt now at 8819 REs from when i got ratatta so 1419 more REs I'm not expecting anything to soon and my swinub hunt is now @ day 10 lol swinub stop hiding and show your grey self :P.I'm gonna hunt like a madman for these next 3 days I have off to get these 2 hunts over and done with have to study all next week for my finals T.T.

Good luck on the cobalion and eevee hope they both shine really soon and the mew sounded like a good idea but i guess it isn't happening?

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
My mareep hunt now at 8819 REs from when i got ratatta so 1419 more REs I'm not expecting anything to soon and my swinub hunt is now @ day 10 lol swinub stop hiding and show your grey self :P.I'm gonna hunt like a madman for these next 3 days I have off to get these 2 hunts over and done with have to study all next week for my finals T.T.

Good luck on the cobalion and eevee hope they both shine really soon and the mew sounded like a good idea but i guess it isn't happening?

Thanks, hope cobalion Will shine soon :-)

As of mew, if I can find a way to get the old sea map and get the event working to get to fareway island, the competition Will be a fact.
But at the momment I don't see a way to do it.
I do have a flash card where I could put the save data and game on to SR tho. But the cheats on the web are not working on the emulator and I don't have an original copy of emerald or action replay for GBA.

If anyone knots a way let me know :-)

Good luck on mareep and swinub btw :-)

UPDATE:

I got the 4 tickets for the event pokémon in Emerald now :).
Only Problem is: I have to beat the game first before I can use them :(.
a question tho: If i activate the events with a cheat code on a emulator, will they still be activated when I copy the game= save data to a flashcard? :D

Last edited:

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
@theroguewriter: Congrats on the shiny metapod!

@MrWasabii: Welcome! And congrats on your shiny treecko!

@TSE: Congrats on the shiny totodile! I think I already congratulated you... but I'll do so here too. xD

@GlasstheDragon: Welcome! That's quite the list of shinies. O_O

@Poldie: That's a nice challenge! I would participate. :]

@Spritingyoshi22: Congrats on the roselia and bidoof! Have you joined the Shiny Hunting Challenge yet? If not, you should since you're already doing a badge quest! :D

@simplysam: Welcome!

@C Dillinger: Welcome!

@Iceman3317: Welcome back! And congrats on the shiny torchic!

@Kirozane: Oh man, that's so irritating! :( I don't know how your game could glitch to make your rival's pokemon shiny? Was it supposed to be yours?

@Lady Demoonica Darkmoon: Welcome back and congrats on the shiny bouffalant!

@fishyfins: Congrats on the shiny totodile!

@Razor302: Welcome back!

Sorry if I missed anyone with welcomes and congrats! I tried but I had quite a few pages to catch up on. Everyone who hasn't joined the Shiny Hunter Challenge and is doing a badge quest should do that! :D

Now that people have been talking about SRing for starters in X&Y I think I will too! @_@; I'm so excited for it to come out! I hope we can see if they're shiny before we pick them like in SS/HG.

I've been SRing for a shiny chimchar myself... I stopped counting how many because I'm on vacation out of state and I didn't bring my calculator with me. I was hoping I would get it before I was off vacation but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen since I head home tomorrow morning... but who knows. Today is a relax day so I don't have much to do other than SR. x3

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Just an update guys.

I am at about 160 Wurmple eggs and no luck, but again haven't been doing much with the eggs.

I did however start a secondary hunt for a Shiny Roggenrola, bur no luck. Don't know how many encounters I have had. Once I finish one of these, I plain to restart my SRing for Shiny Ho-oH on HeartGold.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Good news guys,

I got the Old sea map event to work to get to Faraway Island for (shiny) mew.
So i will be SR'ing for shiny blue mew ♥

So the MEW-contest will be a fact!^^

I'm just waiting for permission to start the contest.

This is how the contest will go:

I'll be SR'ing for the shiny mew.
The members of the club can guess how many SR's it'll take to get shiny mew.
The member who got the closest guess will win a shiny mew.
You can start guessing already, but there is no date yet when I will stop the entries.
When I start the competition I'll post an overview of all the contestants and their guesses.

How to participate:

1. Quote "I want to join the shiny mew-competition" at the bottom of this post, and add your SR-guess.
2. Send me a private message with your guess(so i can keep better track of the contestants).

CONTEST RULES:
1. Double entries will be disqualified.
2. You have to send me a PM with your guess AND also post your guess in this thread or it won't be a valid guess.
3. (Ofcourse) the guess in the PM has to be the same as the one you post here.

I want to join the shiny mew-competition

Years
"I want to join the shiny mew-competition"

Well guys now at day 11 of hunting swinub and I reached 2100 REs for mareep since rattata. I hope I get something from ice path soon. But we'll just have to wait and see. As for Poldie's contest looks like I'll be the first to signup but i probably won't win xD.Good Luck Everyone!

Guess:5700 SRs

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Well guys now at day 11 of hunting swinub and I reached 2100 REs for mareep since rattata. I hope I get something from ice path soon. But we'll just have to wait and see. As for Poldie's contest looks like I'll be the first to signup but i probably won't win xD.Good Luck Everyone!

Guess:5700 SRs

Thanks for participating and good luck.:)

Don't forget to put your guess in a PM too :)

Good luck on mareep and swinub. seems like a hard hunt :(

And I forgot to say: Good luck in the competition to all who will try their luck :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I will not enter the Mew contest since I do not have those games anymore, but I am doing the Shiny Challenge which I have had no luck with. Right now I am searching for Shiny Roggenrola, Wurmple, and any HG starter. I am hoping to get the Wurmple soon for the May challenge.

By the way, is HeartGold and SoulSilver the only games where you can see the shiny starters before you choose?

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
I will not enter the Mew contest since I do not have those games anymore, but I am doing the Shiny Challenge which I have had no luck with. Right now I am searching for Shiny Roggenrola, Wurmple, and any HG starter. I am hoping to get the Wurmple soon for the May challenge.

By the way, is HeartGold and SoulSilver the only games where you can see the shiny starters before you choose?

I can send the mew to black,white,SS or HG if you win :)

And HS and SS are the only games you can see the shiny starter before you choose i think :)

Years
Hey guys!

Well I've been busy today but I still managed alot of REs after typing a 1000 word essay and I have another to do but isn't due for awhile anyway back on topic swinub now @ day 11 and nothing and phase 2 of route 32 is at 2700 REs. I hope swinub decides its time to shine soon because I'm ready to be done with this hunt already xD.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Just shy of 500 in my pokedex now on Black 2 trying to get the shiny charm. Thought a pokemon may shiny while i level and evolve but no luck. Should complete the whole pokedex by friday and be able to increase my odds of a shiny alot. Might take part in the shiny challenge but with X and Y so close not sure i will find the time now.

@Kitori your attack the titans sig is epic. Love that anime.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on all the new shinies and welcome to all new members!

Latios Master, how many eggs have you hatched for Litwic??

I haven't hunted much this year, so I'm still below 3,000. It's 2,800 something, close to 2,900. I hatched a grand total of 1 egg this month. :P

This week's random hunt is... Bellsprout!

Years
I haven't hunted much this year, so I'm still below 3,000. It's 2,800 something, close to 2,900. I hatched a grand total of 1 egg this month. :P

Perhaps my lovely amount of eggs (3210 currently) can be a little inspiring or motivating to you? XD
Still live hatching. Me and Glassthedragon have decided to hunt Entei/Raikou once we get far enough. On that note; has anyone ever found/hunted for a roamer?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 27, 2013
Hi Guys ..
i would like to join the club if its alright .. :)
Ive been a shiny hunter for over 5 years now although i stopped hunting the past couple of years
i suddenly had the urge to hunt this weekend and after almost 1500 Sr's I got my reward

yes its a Shiny TEPIG ! my First 5th Generation Shiny !
check out my youtube channel for more shiny videos from back in the day
https://www.youtube.com/user/asthegreat
Good Luck everyone and i hope i come back with a new shiny Soon :)

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Very nice asthe! I love the blue flames on Emboar's shiny version. I still have not had any luck with my hunts and have 4 more days before the May Challenge ends. I get the feeling that I will soon run in a Shiny Pokemon while hunting Roggenrola or a Shiny Wurmple. It may just be wishful thinking though lol.

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
Hey guys!

Well I've been busy today but I still managed alot of REs after typing a 1000 word essay and I have another to do but isn't due for awhile anyway back on topic swinub now @ day 11 and nothing and phase 2 of route 32 is at 2700 REs. I hope swinub decides its time to shine soon because I'm ready to be done with this hunt already xD.

2700? how about 9500 for my nidoran haha xD? And still nothing:(!! But I hope you are more lucky than I am:D.

To everyone else that got a shiny and I missed it, major congratz!!)

Back