• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anybody else think that Sinnoh was the best region?

Years
Sinnoh is my favorite region. I just had a nice experience with it and it was nice to look at. It had a nice environment.

Sinnoh! <3

Sirfetch’d

The region of Sinnoh was lovely, but I didn't enjoy the games as much.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Sinnoh wasn't particularly one of my most favourite regions. Emerald was my most favourite game and therefore I feel obliged to say that Hoenn was the best region, even though there are many things that can be improved. Johto and Kanto will forever have a place in my heart, as I had racked up over 750+ hours collectively on my Gold and Yellow games. However I thought Kanto always tended towards the boring side slightly with too many long and relatively empty caves. Unova was just plain and straight-forward and was boring in my book. My final ranking is:

1 - Hoenn
2 - Johto
3 - Kanto
4 - Sinnoh
5 - Unova

(Quick fact, the original internal batteries on my Yellow and Red are still running fine and hard nearly 20 years later! Albeit Red never got much use)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I still haven't finished a 4th gen game! But that's not because of the region, it's because of the slowness of the game sorta.

I loved the Hoenn games, but not because of the region. Imo Hoenn always felt a bit too modern and soulless to me, despite its story about Groudon and Kyogre and all. Sinnoh was different. Sinnoh feels genuine and deep with memorable areas and some kind of traditional greatness to it. Imo. Sort of like Johto has and Johto is my favorite region.

So Sinnoh is definitely good in my eyes, even though it isn't on top of the list.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Sinnoh is just really a colder Hoenn with less water. It's a pretty solid reigon with memorable setpieces, but it feels strangely dull and even depressing in places.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Sinnoh region is a region that I love-hate:
  • I love it for introducing the Physical/Special/Status by the move itself,
  • rather than by the type itself like its predecessors,
  • I love it as it introduced Garchomp, which became one of my favorites despite not being a Water-type,
  • I hate it for having slow frame rate, walking, running battle, surf, walking on snow without any skiing equipment,
  • I hate it for having shallow Fire-types, the only Fire type that was introduced were Chimchar and its evolutionary family and a legendary starter,
  • I hate it for introducing too much pre-evos and new evolution, while having lesser original Gen IV Pokemon.

Back