• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
So wait, this hack DOESN'T have the split then..., nuts. Is this a problem with all 3rd Gen hacks? I ask because iirc, Liquid Crystal has that problem too, though I'm sure not if you're using the same program.

you should probably remove that bit in your topic post about the game having the Phys/Spec split though (although you can claim that it does, just not the 4th Gen+ split ;))

Technically, as the hack was already started and used some free offsets, it may mess up those offsets. If the program or whatever was used before the hack was started, then it would be implemented, hence why it is a problem now.

But yeah, definitely remove that part from your first post if it is still there, as it may be misleading :P

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Technically, as the hack was already started and used some free offsets, it may mess up those offsets. If the program or whatever was used before the hack was started, then it would be implemented, hence why it is a problem now.

But yeah, definitely remove that part from your first post if it is still there, as it may be misleading :P

So wait, this hack DOESN'T have the split then..., nuts. Is this a problem with all 3rd Gen hacks? I ask because iirc, Liquid Crystal has that problem too, though I'm sure not if you're using the same program.

you should probably remove that bit in your topic post about the game having the Phys/Spec split though (although you can claim that it does, just not the 4th Gen+ split ;))

Yeah, it's removed. Thanks guys. I planed to have it in the hack but for some reason, after I already started working on the hack, it didn't work and completely ruined the hack. I to this day haven't figured out the problem and yea I heard the physical/special split has been a problem for other hacks as well that tried to have it programmed into it.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
I have a question. I have a two masterballs and i am now in nows men land and i can battle with landorus . am i suposed catch him with masterball or ...

I suggest you don't. Reserve those Masterballs.. forr:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2015
An updated rom FINALLY fixing this Larvesta issue will be posted in an hour. He'll now listen to you and the House will opened. Also, the problem of ENVY at the end of the hack will be fixed as well. With these problems now fixed, all major bugs should now be gone according to everyone's playthrough. The main problems, which are the following; Sydney at Mystic Falls Larvesta not listening and can't enter the house Amaris's Mansion warps not warping the player right Envy's battle at the end of the hack Adrian in Numassity City Sydney and Dray not bringing you to the HQ The 4 Legendary Trainers will have their own Trainer Sprites shown when you battle them now instead of the elite 4. Kayo's script after you battle him on Trilogy Island. All of these events are now fixed within the update I'll be releasing in an hour. Afterwards, I'll make sure the legendary Pokemon disappear after they've been caught. I'll be posting soon when it's uploaded. EDIT: UPDATED ROM POSTED The Rom I just uploaded fixes all of the above problems mentioned in this post. Also, here's a look of more progress that's been made for Dark Rising 1.5: Mystic Falls Grass Isle An Update on Dark Rising 2 will be posted in the first week of the new year as well.
Hey DarkRisingGirl ! Is this a complete hack already or just 8th gym long ?? P/s: tkank u for this wonderful hack

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2022
Dark Rising 1.5 looks really promising, love the tileset you used ^^. Hopefully you get the Phys/Spec split working for 1.5 or 2.0! Happy New Year! lol

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2017
There's a hiker who's battle crashes my game. Not sure if its a rom patching problem or something else, but I can't do anything about it simply because I'm on a mac :/ It's in Dragon Valley above two strength boulders.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
There's a hiker who's battle crashes my game. Not sure if its a rom patching problem or something else, but I can't do anything about it simply because I'm on a mac :/ It's in Dragon Valley above two strength boulders.

Thanks, I've seen this was reported before too. I'll look into it now, probably using a hiker's sprite that was corrupted and I forgot to switch it.

Hey DarkRisingGirl ! Is this a complete hack already or just 8th gym long ?? P/s: tkank u for this wonderful hack

It's a complete hack. The sequel will start off exactly where this one leaves off.

BTW everyone, Dark Rising 2 has a lot of Pokemon that wasn't in this hack and a good amount from this one as well. I've already completely inserted all of the Pokemon in it. Right now it's just in the process of being scripted and see where things'll go in it. It's gonna be more serious than the 1st one and bigger as well. Plus I promise all of the maps will be completely original and better layed out. For those who have defeated Max & Giovanni in dark rising 1, have you kinda got a clue on who's going to be the secondary enemy in dark rising 2? It's gonna be intense lol.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2015
Thanks, I've seen this was reported before too. I'll look into it now, probably using a hiker's sprite that was corrupted and I forgot to switch it. It's a complete hack. The sequel will start off exactly where this one leaves off. BTW everyone, Dark Rising 2 has a lot of Pokemon that wasn't in this hack and a good amount from this one as well. I've already completely inserted all of the Pokemon in it. Right now it's just in the process of being scripted and see where things'll go in it. It's gonna be more serious than the 1st one and bigger as well. Plus I promise all of the maps will be completely original and better layed out. For those who have defeated Max & Giovanni in dark rising 1, have you kinda got a clue on who's going to be the secondary enemy in dark rising 2? It's gonna be intense lol.
Wow !!! DR2 sound awesome, looking foward to beta 1

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Great Hack, Ummm.... this is my first time to post ... i saw a lot of bugs/errors , i fixed it myself using AM .. and GREAT HACK ! Loved it ! Can't wait for DR2 ! Can i Suggest Something ? Can you Lock Your Rom using RHEA ? Because My Cousin Edited some pokemon , especially Emolga ,, he changed the stats to 255 (MAX) Damn that guy ! Anyways . Looking Forward for Part 2 ! Love Ya DRG And Tajaros !
If you know the RHEA, you can lock it yourself...
Or not allow your cousin to edit some things ;)

An Update on Dark Rising 2 will be posted in the first week of the new year as well.
Maybe it's me, but I don't like the house tiles for Mystic Falls... PC and Mart are really overused ones and same as DR 1... and those houses... I don't know, they kinda don't work well...
Would it be possible to change them?
Oh and by the way, the rock has green corners... someone is bound to point that tile error =D

@Ash493: Okayy, (speechless like a noob), soooo, could PM me or post what is that STAB? I'm not that familiar with thoseee, thingys. XD
Same Type Attack Bonus, 150% attack power when attacking with attack corresponding to Pokémon's type.

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
a bug encountered @ dragons path... theres a trainer(hiker) beside the 2 boulders, when i challenge him the game crash and it says "bad jump"

pls help me trough this

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
If I'm right, it was already reported and DRG said she would be fixing that.

UPDATED ROM POSTED

I just uploaded a Rom with the hiker in the dragon valley fixed. As expected, he had the corrupted hiker's sprite but now he has the working one. Everything should be all clear. Other then the Legendaries not disappearing & the re-occuring events, the hack is pretty much bug free up to this point. Thanks for playing everyone & telling me each of the problems.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
UPDATED ROM POSTED

I just uploaded a Rom with the hiker in the dragon valley fixed. As expected, he had the corrupted hiker's sprite but now he has the working one. Everything should be all clear. Other then the Legendaries not disappearing & the re-occuring events, the hack is pretty much bug free up to this point. Thanks for playing everyone & telling me each of the problems.
That's awesome!!!!
& ya btw does the re-occuring events affect the gameplay in any way???bad eggs or something like that??

edit- where exactly if groudon present in the inferno mountain....plzzz say

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
That's awesome!!!!
& ya btw does the re-occuring events affect the gameplay in any way???bad eggs or something like that??

No, not at all. They just re-appear due to me not setting those specific events up properly. For some players, the re-occuring is good for when you want multiple of the same legendary (i.e. Victini) & sometimes it's annoying when you want to re-enter a certain place for whatever reason and have to do an extra battle everytime you go in the specific place. But don't worry, they don't affect the gameplay at all.

I also updated the wild Pokemon list with the Legendaries that are in the hack as well. This is for new players that didn't see my posts of which legendaries are available.

Response to above post's edit: Groudon is hidden in Inferno Mountain in a part that's blocked off by boulders. You have to defeat Kisho in order to get Strength. With Strength, you can move those boulders and attempt to get Groudon on your team.

Since it's New Years Day, here's a look at the newly redesigned Salem, Volair Forest, and the place where you battle V in front of the boat being taken over by Darugis:

2cdv500.png
Salem
15hg234.png
Volair Forest
2zrl1qh.png
Outside of the Ship

The ship has yet to be inserted and we're still working on cleaning up the tiles. Right now, Nightkymz is focused on inserting the specific tiles we'll be using for each place. And yes, we're going to insert a new pokecenter and mart when we're done with all of the revamped maps.

Also, if you guys really enjoyed the hack, go vote for Dark Rising in the Hack of the Year thread at the hack showcase. I'm not even sure if it's still going on lol, but if it is, choose a category you feel Dark Rising fit the best in out of all of the other awesome hacks on the forum. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
No, not at all. They just re-appear due to me not setting those specific events up properly. For some players, the re-occuring is good for when you want multiple of the same legendary (i.e. Victini) & sometimes it's annoying when you want to re-enter a certain place for whatever reason and have to do an extra battle everytime you go in the specific place. But don't worry, they don't affect the gameplay at all.

I also updated the wild Pokemon list with the Legendaries that are in the hack as well. This is for new players that didn't see my posts of which legendaries are available.

Response to above post's edit: Groudon is hidden in Inferno Mountain in a part that's blocked off by boulders. You have to defeat Kisho in order to get Strength. With Strength, you can move those boulders and attempt to get Groudon on your team.
hey thanks for your timely reply..I've moved those boulders blocking my path but i can't enter the cave ahead of me....

~CreamyChoco~

Happy new year to everyone
Years
nice hack! i love it very much i hope you can teach me how to hack i already got the programs but i am lazy to do something :P

Back