• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

singing in the rain.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Do you like to sing? Do you consider yourself good at it? Do you let people listen to you sing? Do they think you're good at it? Do you ever just rock out in the car or the shower and think, "DAMN why don't I have an album!?" Would you consider trying out for a singing or talent show (American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor, etc)?

Wasn't sure if this would go in OVP or GE with the reference to the shows at the end.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I like to sing but I don't think I'm that great at it. I've never really recorded myself (I think I did once and it was terrible so I never did it after that) so I've never really allowed people to hear me sing unless I'm singing along with them in a car or something. According to some people I have a good voice but at the same time I'm pretty sure they said it to flirt with me so I took everything with the smallest grain of salt possible. That said, no I don't think I would ever consider trying out for a talent show.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
have never sung in the rain, but do i consider myself to be a pretty good shower-singer bwahaha.

I'm not very confident with my singing abilities, but I do enjoy singing. I've sung in front of a pretty big crowd before and ended up being so so nervous and shaky. People tell me that I sing well, but bleh.. I have zero confidence. As such, talent shows are out of the question.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I like to sing but I don't sing often. I would say I'm a just decent singer but I've been told I can sing pretty good. I used to be in musicals in junior high and high school and always had the chorus or small part, but those days are over and I don't sing that often anymore. Every once in a while I do sing in the shower or my car but for the latter it's only if I'm riding with just family. If I'm riding with friends or others, then I don't have the confidence to sing publicly but have done it out of peer pressure. When I was 13 or so I had a goal to audition for American Idol once I turned 16. Though I've given up on that dream now cause I realize I'm not good enough to even make past the first auditions.

Years
I love singing. It just cheers me up at times and a nice way to spend time, sometimes. Kura seems to like my singing, so she has to put up with it! XD​

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I like to sing, but I am terrible singer, I have a terrible voice, and I know it. But been the self-proclaimed biggest fan of my school's choir, and me being that backstage person, I always sing as a backup singer to their songs.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Oh, YES! I love singing! <3 Singing is one of my hobbies and is something I do everyday. I do consider myself a decent singer of sorts, but not one of the best; I know other people who are much better singers than myself. Do I let others listen to me sing? Yes only if it is required, or if I'm singing in a karaoke booth. xD People have told me that I can sing, but me being modest just shrugs it off and blushes hehe. #^^#; Rocking out in the shower? Man, I do that ALL the time! Why haven't my albums been produced yet? Nobody knows. Hahaha. xD Finally, no...I wouldn't consider trying out for any singing or talent competitions as I..don't think I'm a good performer and I have stage fright. Even if I somehow decided to audition and manage to get through it, I don't think I could hold it all together till the end. The pressure and the stress would be just too great for me to handle..><

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
When I was younger, I was told that I can sing well.
At this point, I refuse to sing if anyone is able to hear me. ಠ_ಠ I've had at least one person beg me to sing for them because they hadn't heard it before. It's weird how my singing voice is so different from that of speaking. It doesn't have that sort of raspiness my real voice does. x:

But I must admit, there's nothing quite like cleaning the house with music blaring- and singing along with it.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm a terrible singer but I still do it in the privacy of my own home because it's the #1 thing that I feel like doing whenever I'm in a good mood. Yesterday was one of those days. I could never sing at work, though. It'd be horrible to fill somebody's house with such an unholy noise.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I sing...when I'm alone. I've done some singing in talent shows during middle school and family reunions, but when high school came around my voice was like... gone xD and I couldn't sing like I sang back then. xD But people still ask me when I'll sing again and I was like...eventually! (eventually for me = never lol)

I'd try again, though. Who knows? Maybe I improved now, because I sang a few times when I was skyping with friends (I sang a song while skyping with quilzel and he seemed to..tolerate it? xD). Let me know when the next PC singing contest is and I might enter. :P

You know, when American Idol came to San Diego in 2011, I was very tempted to enter! But I had school at the time, so I wouldn't miss class for that. xD

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I love to sing, I sing wherever I go. It makes me happy and calm unless I'm in a perfection-y mood, then I just get frustrated. I think I sing fairly well, people seem to enjoy my performances and I've placed first in a few competitions so that ought to say something. I'm no Celine Dion, though, by any means.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ basically what outfox said. i think i'm a good singer and i've been told i'm a good singer and i've placed in some singing competitions. though i don't like to sing in front of people and i tend to clam up, especially if i have no audio backing me. and yes when i sing in the car i wonder when my debut album is being released lol. i've thought about trying out for american idol, and when i was a kid i REALLY wanted to try out but of course when i got the age that i could try out, i no longer enjoyed the show. the only way i'd do it now is just for curiosity's sake to see if i'd make it to hollywood lol.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I can't sing to save my life :( My voice is so bad, I don't even sing when I'm alone because I get annoyed!

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Do you like to sing? Do you consider yourself good at it? Yes & Yes
Do you let people listen to you sing? Sometimes
Do they think you're good at it? Yes
Do you ever just rock out in the car or the shower and think, "DAMN why don't I have an album!?" No
Would you consider trying out for a singing or talent show (American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor, etc)? No, I don't have that kind of voice, plus I don't want to be a pop singer.

Years
I'm okay. I used to do choir back when I was in middle/high school. Back then I could read music and follow along pretty well. Nowadays I just sing along with the radio from time to time. Without the radio I can't keep tune. :p Uh, I don't think people thought I was amazing, just okay as well.

I'd never ever try out for a talent show. I don't even think I'd make it past the very first round, because I'm just so... average. :x

Back